The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tourniquet has a Kickstarter up for a NEW ALBUM!

+30
cailen
Andreas89
BearDad
Kermit The Hermit
crucifyd
Wigeon
My Awesome Timothy
Nocturnal Servant
lhversaw
New Creation
jaydeecrawson
sentient 6
Fundy
Machine Fish
KaramKaram
Hardcore Christian
Sir Shred A Lot
Blake
bjorn agin
exo
timekeeper
TheOldMan2084
bodachi
strangerhoncho
alldatndensum
Staybrite
deathisgain
Airola
eatbugs
SpaceGuy
34 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tourniquet has a Kickstarter up for a NEW ALBUM! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tourniquet has a Kickstarter up for a NEW ALBUM!

Post by New Creation Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:19 am

exo wrote:Me, I look at the number of backers thus far and realize once again just how relatively SMALL the number of people actually interested classic Christian metal bands really is.  makes me think that there's not much room left for the old guard doing things in the "old" ways where it costs as much as a car to produce an album.  Kickstarter and gofundme type sites are the ONLY way those bands have a chance to keep putting music out there.....

I agree. The Bride fundraisers fell flatter than a piece of paper.

If this one fails, Ted and TQT will have to try for smaller projects.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet has a Kickstarter up for a NEW ALBUM! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tourniquet has a Kickstarter up for a NEW ALBUM!

Post by bjorn agin Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:48 am

I think the number of funders is smaller because of people (myself included) who are waiting to hear some music before they jump on board. With an unknown vocalist, and a previous project that was dull (Antiseptic Bloodbath), this one is going to have to knock my socks off before I consider picking it up.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:29 pm

I just look back at the Beyond the Mountain fest debacle from a decade or so ago, and how many of us keep running into each other at the same Christian metal/rock communities, and am reminded that the circle is smaller than we think.

This Kickstarter is pretty much at the point that "wait to hear samples" means it's going to fail.  The deadline is only two weeks away, and Ted needs another hundred backers averaging $30 a pop.   If you're considering backing but waiting on samples, they might not be forthcoming.  It's worth thinking about throwing the cash down anyway.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:25 pm

Kickstarter can be a bit wonky, though.  Many folks, for some unknown reason, will pledge at the last minutes.  I know with the recent Rose fundraiser that it looked like it would fail even hours before the end of the campaign.  However, fans took notice and pulled him out.

One BIG thing that hurts Kickstarter programs now is the fact that everyone is doing it.  There are too many bands for the average Joe to support anymore.  Even some bands signed to labels are having to do it to raise funds to record.

Another thing is that when people find you are a Christian band, you automatically are considered non-relevant.  No one outside the Christian community is really taking notice unless you drop Jesus' name from your songs and make your lyrics a lot more palatable for a secular audience.  It isn't just hard rock and metal, either.

However, producing a professional quality album can be done a lot less expensively than artists want to realize.  Sure, you are going to have to invest in your own gear and learn to use it, but that is doable.  My new blues album was recorded on a band in the box Korg unit.  I then had it professionally mixed and mastered in Nashville.  Total cost:  $500.  First hundred CD:  $120 by going with an eco-sleeve.  No professional musicians were used.  It can be done on a shoestring if one so chooses to do so.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:09 pm

Yup.  I know guys in bands like The Burial, A Hill to Die Upon, Dagon, Still Remains......heavy, thrashy, multi-layered stuff, the final products sound absolutely HUGE......and I know for a fact those guys aren't spending that kind of cash.

That's neither here nor there, though.  Ted's set his budget (that no doubt includes costs associated with the Kickstarter incentives), and the campaign is well underway.  I hope it is successful for him.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:08 pm

I´m not backing this. TQT has lost a lot of it´s original creativity.

I buy the record if it is good. Anticeptic was not very good. I´m afraid they have lost their thing... sorry not "their".. it is Ted and someone.. so Ted has lost his thing.

Sorry to be critical. But sometimes one person can do it, sometimes there needs to be a band doing it. And in this case, Ted surely needs a band to do it with him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Shred A Lot Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:26 pm

A week ago I was starting to think that they might not reach their goal, but now that they need less than $900 over the next 11 days it looks like we'll be getting another Tourniquet album (and even more debates about their vocalists). No longer will fans be content to debate Guy vs. Luke; we must now fight over Guy vs. Luke vs. The New Guy. Or, based on Ted's recent comments, it might be Guy vs. Luke vs. New Guy #1 vs. New Guy #2.

Personally I hope the new album isn't a collection of vocalists like "Onward to Freedom." I'm fine with two vocalists (heavy vs. clean), but more than that and it starts to feel like a mish-mash of songs rather than a cohesive album.

Sir Shred A Lot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:31 pm

exo wrote:Still Remains
That was a great album!!!!!!!!!!

Time to pull it out and jam it!

Thanks exo Rockin Loud
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:46 pm

FUNDED
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:53 pm

Awesome, excited!
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:33 am

Good for Ted!

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:41 am

Glad to hear! Pretty excited to see/hear who the vocalist is!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:43 am

Hardcore Christian wrote:
exo wrote:Still Remains
That was a great album!!!!!!!!!!

Time to pull it out and jam it!

Thanks exo Rockin Loud

They don't have any bad material anywhere in their catalog.  Hopefully, there's word on full length #4 shortly.....

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:56 am

New Creation wrote:It sounds to me like Mattie will return
Tourniquet becomes a "core" band, man would that make people riot or what? Razz
I wouldn't have a problem with that. Ted would make it his own and it would be good. I'm one of those guys who loves Tourniquet just because it's Tourniquet.
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:51 am

I'd love the original Tourniquet to get back together... but then I'd also love Treasure Seeker to do the follow up they talked about... and C-Force to do another album... and...

Still, it's good to dream...
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:47 pm

I remember C-Force
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:01 pm

I didn't care for Onward to Freedom, but Blood Bath ending up growing on me ( and I REALLY love the production ). So I guess i'll wait to hear some samples and go from there when the new one comes out.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:43 pm

Fundy wrote: but then I'd also love Treasure Seeker to do the follow up they talked about...
That would be great too!

Yea man I wish Guy Ritter would rejoin Tourniquet for a new album, just a one off reunion thing would be amazing alien
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:25 am

Fundy wrote: but then I'd also love Treasure Seeker to do the follow up they talked about...
That would be great too!

Yea man I wish Guy Ritter would rejoin Tourniquet for a new album, just a one off reunion thing would be amazing alien

Have we actually heard Guy sing anything since Echo Hollow? I wonder how his voice is holding up?
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:51 pm

I've ordered a signed CD and Download, as well. 
Would love to have a T-shirt also, but there wasn't such an option.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:56 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:19 am

They're not really samples in the sense we usually think what samples are. That video has some audio clips of Ted's early composing process - very raw clips of him recording ideas and riffs on his phone.

They're very short, but sounds like some decent songs could be made out of them.

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:38 pm

Airola wrote:They're not really samples in the sense we usually think what samples are. That video has some audio clips of Ted's early composing process - very raw clips of him recording ideas and riffs on his phone.

They're very short, but sounds like some decent songs could be made out of them.
Yeah, it is right. It is more of a composition of rwaw riffs. Anyway, I got really excited about those songs. They might get pretty cool after the proper treatment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:43 pm

If anyone needs encvouragement to back this project, or either to increase the pledge here it is:

STRETCH GOALS ADDED!!! We're thrilled and very grateful that because of all of you - we've reached our initial goal. But with one week left, we want to make the most of the valuable remaining time. So, we've set up a few "stretch goals":  
If we reach $18,000 - FREE STICKER of the album artwork for all pledgers.  
If we reach $22,000 - FREE TOURNIQUET LOGO SUNGLASSES for all pledgers. We have never released logo sunglasses - and they will be cool. 
If we reach $30,000 - WE WILL RECORD A FULL LENGTH ACOUSTIC ALBUM featuring songs from the new album and past albums. Our last - and only - acoustic album was released in 1997 - almost 20 years ago. If we hit this mark, all pledgers will be the first to receive a free download of the full album. In addition, all pledgers will be able to buy the CD for only $5 plus shipping. We have had a ton of requests for this. We'd love to make it happen! Estimated release if we hit the goal: September 2017  

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:48 pm

In my opinion:

- Free Sticker - Very likely to happen.

- Logo Sunglasses - Difficult mark, but it might happen

- New acoustic album - ALmost impossible to happen (don't get me wrong, I would love to have it)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next