The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kickstarter for a new Tourniquet album - 2022 release

+14
Pethead
Raegoul
Black Rider
Ammocas
New Creation
Hardcore Christian
Airola
TZ75
Ted Kirkpatrick
eatbugs
BaleMaster
Frozen Fire
bodachi
Lex Metalis
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Kickstarter for a new Tourniquet album - 2022 release  Empty Kickstarter for a new Tourniquet album - 2022 release

Post by Lex Metalis Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:14 pm

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/826349560/tourniquet-the-powerful-new-album

About time for a brand new Tourniquet album, don't you think? The songwriting is in full swing - with the main ideas, riffs, and melodies mostly written. The music is heavy and progressive, full of new ideas. The lyrics - which are a product of a few years of thought - are some of the most compelling yet. Although we can't yet confirm who will be doing the majority of the vocals for the album, we're excited to announce that our good friend Michael Sweet will be doing guest vocals for a song (and who knows, maybe a guitar solo too)! 

Because we realize you fans want to know, the idea is this: similar to our last album - Gazing at Medusa - we intend to have just one main singer and a guest spot, as opposed to multiple vocalists. Aaron will certainly be doing some shouting though... 
Speaking of Aaron, looking forward to hanging out and recording with him again - always a fun and productive time. Travel will be required as we live on opposite sides of the country (Florida and California). 
We realize you fans are quite savvy, but just to make it clear, the costs for making a top quality album are significant: recording, mixing, mastering, musicians, air travel, guitar intonation setups, and more. Then there's the significant cost of shipping supplies, and the final product manufacturing of CDs, vinyl (very expensive), and whatever other rewards must be created. Then there are the unforeseen costs: a reward damaged in shipping, the rare defective to replace, the reality of sending out partial rewards until vinyl arrives, etc. Also - Kickstarter takes their cut, which they more than deserve. So does the credit card processor. Not included in this is, of course, the hundreds (thousands?) of hours working to bring the product to you: from mind's idea to the final product. But hey - this is what we do, and thanks to all of you, we're honored to be able to do it. 
You guys have already been there for FIVE - yes five - successful Kickstarter campaigns. Truly amazing. We hope you have found them all to be worth the wait. We're hoping you'll be there for this one too. We plan on posting lots more updates than ever before as we go through the process. 
If we succeed together - this will be OUR album! Have a look at the rewards and find one that appeals to you. Then please help us get the word out by sharing our campaign anywhere and everywhere. Thank you all in advance for believing in us and in the next chapter from Tourniquet. Let's do this!  - Ted 

Last edited by LexMetalis on Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

strangerhoncho likes this post

Back to top Go down

Kickstarter for a new Tourniquet album - 2022 release  Empty Re: Kickstarter for a new Tourniquet album - 2022 release

Post by bodachi Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:38 pm

Huzzah, more Tourniquet!

And now, the obligatory naysayers:
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Kickstarter for a new Tourniquet album - 2022 release  Empty Re: Kickstarter for a new Tourniquet album - 2022 release

Post by Frozen Fire Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:00 pm

It says fulfillment Jan 2022. I won't plan on this being released for a long time after that but I ordered a CD. I liked Gazing At Medusa quite a bit.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:44 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:It says fulfillment Jan 2022. I won't plan on this being released for a long time after that but I ordered a CD. I liked Gazing At Medusa quite a bit.

You're right. I'll edit the title. Thanx brother...
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:50 pm

I can guarantee that the entirety of the package won't be released until late '22.  The vinyl manufacturing plants have unfortunately still been lagging big-time--unless your name is Katy Perry, Ariana Grande, or other modern-day, no-talent chanteuses.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:24 pm

Ted needs a package for the lp/cd/t-shirt/download option.  

(BTW, Governor DeSantis HAS been observing the "COVID Protocols."  If I could vote for him, I would!)
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:14 pm

Not just because of vinyl, but crowdfunding returns are never on time.  Literally the only ones I've supported that have been on time were cases where the album was done and the crowdfunding was really a pre-order.  Late is a fact of life with these.

That said, I signed up for the CD and voiceless CD bundle.  Tourniquet has yet to make an album I don't like.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Lex Metalis and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Kirkpatrick Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:34 pm

Hey guys - Thanks so much for supporting this! Really appreciate it. As for the fulfillment date of Jan. 2022, we are looking at that for everything but the vinyl. As someone pointed out, vinyl plants have been backed up for awhile now. However, when we did the Vanishing Lessons Kickstarter, we weren't too far off from the release date. For this album - should we be successful - we will likely send out everything but the vinyl to backers who got CD and vinyl - then send the vinyl when it's in.

Ted Kirkpatrick
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

My Awesome Timothy, strangerhoncho, Lex Metalis and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:28 am

I would like Michael Sweet to sing on the whole album!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:28 am

This Kickstarter seems to have gotten higher up much faster than any other Tourniquet Kickstarter project before. It's been up only a couple of days and is already at over $11,000!

I'm hoping to pledge for the 2 CDs + Vinyl reward, but as it's going to be over $100 for me I can't make that decision yet. I did however pledge for the autographed CD reward just so that if I for some reason am not able to make a pledge before the campaign ends I at least have the CD and digital download coming. I'm sure I have the money for that to spare when the campaign ends. If I have more money I will then raise my pledge near the end.

I have to be checking how much available pledges there are for that reward though. It's now "51 left of 80", so there might come a point where I have to make the decision very quickly.

Can't wait!

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

My Awesome Timothy, Ted Kirkpatrick and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Kirkpatrick Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:14 am

Hey Rami - Thanks so much for joining us! Several have asked us if they can pledge more than one item. Answer is yes. Just use a different email address. You can even use the same name and credit card. For you - a longtime fan - if you choose to upgrade or do two pledges - let us know if there is a specific vinyl # you want and we'll retire that number until it goes out signed to you... !

Ted Kirkpatrick
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

My Awesome Timothy, Lex Metalis and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:34 pm

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ted Kirkpatrick and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:52 pm

I have backed every one of their Kickstarters so far and have not been disappointed.
Tourniquet is one of the few classic bands that are consistently great every time!
So backed! (Of course, had to get the vinyl!)
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:52 pm

Thank you for posting this. Funded.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ted Kirkpatrick, Hardcore Christian and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:42 pm

New Creation wrote:Thank you for posting this. Funded.

Wow!  Long time no see!

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

New Creation likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:46 pm

eatbugs wrote:
New Creation wrote:Thank you for posting this. Funded.

Wow!  Long time no see!

Hi.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite and Hardcore Christian like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:03 am

Funded here too!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ted Kirkpatrick and Hardcore Christian like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:59 pm

I’m in!
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:58 am

Now is time for new stretch goals!
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:52 pm

T shirt suggestion time?
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:14 pm

I know it won't happen but I wish he would patch things up with Guy enough to do some songs.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

TZ75, MagnusPrime and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:34 am

BaleMaster wrote:T shirt suggestion time?
Would back a t shirt package. I need clothes, XL pls  Very Happy
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Tue May 04, 2021 7:58 am

Ted Kirkpatrick wrote:Hey Rami - Thanks so much for joining us! Several have asked us if they can pledge more than one item. Answer is yes. Just use a different email address. You can even use the same name and credit card. For you - a longtime fan - if you choose to upgrade or do two pledges - let us know if there is a specific vinyl # you want and we'll retire that number until it goes out signed to you... !

Upgraded the pledge to the CDs and vinyl bundle. Thanks for the offer to let me choose the vinyl number but I think I'll let fate decide that Smile

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Tue May 04, 2021 8:05 am

This has been quite the success! It's now over $26,000 which is over $5000 more than what they got from the Gazing at Medusa kickstarter and around $2000 less than what they got from the Antiseptic Bloodbath kickstarter. It could very well surpass that too if the usual short burst of new pledges come during the last couple of days.

Me changing my pledge made one lower tier pledge available again for one person and I'm pretty sure that's going to be taken quickly.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue May 04, 2021 5:45 pm

I hope they make a great album. I’m always rooting for them to impress us.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next