The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Van Zandt: Show nixed because N Carolina law is 'evil virus'

+5
Andreas89
messiaen77
sentient 6
ThomasEversole
alldatndensum
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Van Zandt: Show nixed because N Carolina law is 'evil virus' - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Zandt: Show nixed because N Carolina law is 'evil virus'

Post by d@v!d Thu May 05, 2016 1:39 pm

messiaen77 wrote:What crazy?  The crazy idea that all people deserve to be treated with a basic level of respect regardless of physiological or psychological differences provided they are not a harm to others?  Or the crazy idea that we have the right to make up laws that marginalize and discriminate against people whose only crime against society is that they don't fit the norm?

What I can't wrap my head around is how many people use the name of Christ to justify discrimination!  Jesus didn't discriminate against anyone.  He associated with sinners and the religious alike.  He was compassionate toward Jews and Samaritans alike.  Do we really think Jesus is pleased because we pass laws about who can pee where or that you don't have to provide good or services to people whose sin you don't approve of?  How many people do you think have been won for Jesus because Kim Davis refused to do her job in the name of Jesus?  How do any of these things advance the Kingdom of God??

Sorry that got a little rant-y.  I don't mean it personally toward you d@v!d.  I may disagree with you but I respect and defend your right to believe the way you do.  At the end of the day, we don't have to understand or approve of a person's lifestyle.  What we have to do is love those people as Christ loves them.
Crazy: men who think they are women and women who think they are men.
Why do we have to honor their fantasies in the first place?
That aside for the moment, the issue isn't about them. It is about the safety of our women, wives and daughters. So, there is harm involved. True respect would be for those who believe that they are different to accommodate the rest of us and not wear the opposite gender's clothing when going to bathrooms, changing rooms and lockers, which makes other uncomfortable. Is that asking a lot? Respect would not be pushing for a unnecessary law that puts our women in danger, just so they can accommodate their delusions.

True, Jesus associated with all types, but what you seem to be forgetting is that he called everyone of them to repentance.

I agree that we shouldn't make up laws that discriminate against people who don't fit the norm as long is it doesn't hurt or jeopardize others. But, that isn't the case here. I think we should treat everyone kindly and with respect even if they are crazy like that, but ultimately we do them no favor pandering unnecessarily to their fantasy.

So, why should Christians be happy about something that is so ungodly?
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Van Zandt: Show nixed because N Carolina law is 'evil virus' - Page 2 Empty Re: Van Zandt: Show nixed because N Carolina law is 'evil virus'

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2016 2:21 pm

These people are not living out a fantasy!!! Its the way they are wired!
Are you suggesting that every single transgender is a criminal?
Show me in scripture where is says being a transgendered person is evil...

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu May 05, 2016 2:51 pm

Chapter 4 of Romans (hint, read in context) is about faith. If you the set up before the cherry picked verse, you would see that Paul is telling us that we can not obtain the promises through the law.

13 For the promise to Abraham or to his descendants that he would be heir of the world was not through the Law, but through the righteousness of faith. 14 For if those who are of the Law are heirs, faith is made void and the promise is nullified;

So, if there is no law, no one is a sinner? No. Before the law, there were sinners.

The law is a teacher to lead us to Christ, it doesn't bring justification (what Galations 3:10 is talking about)
Galations 3:19-23
       19 Why the Law then? It was added because of transgressions, having been ordained through angels by the agency of a mediator, until the seed would come to whom the promise had been made. 20 Now a mediator is not for one party only; whereas God is only one. 21 Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? May it never be! For if a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law. 22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
        23 But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. 24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.

My initial comment was in regards to Matthew 23. Jesus hated the pharisees because of their hypocrisy. Wink
 Matthew 23:1-3
1Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to His disciples, 2 saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the chair of Moses; 3 therefore all that they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds; for they say things and do not do them
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu May 05, 2016 3:06 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:These people are not living out a fantasy!!! Its the way they are wired!
Says you...
Are you suggesting that every single transgender is a criminal?
No. Did you really miss that? The law that would allow them access allows access to every pervert and rapist to women's facilities.
Show me in scripture where is says being a transgendered person is evil...
Wait a second. I thought you believed that the law is passed. So, why are you appealing to it?
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu May 05, 2016 3:34 pm

d@v!d wrote:
Savage Amusement wrote:These people are not living out a fantasy!!! Its the way they are wired!
Says you...
There is too much estrogen in the food system due to BPA and soy.  It is "castrating" babies in the womb and given boys the mind of a women, switching their thinking from left-brained dominant thinking to right-brained dominant, which is what women are made up of.  But all babies are conceived male or female.  They were not wired that way, just manipulated to think that way and the media brain-washing doesn't help.

From Dr. Ted Broer:

https://healthmasters.com/blog/chemical-gender-manipulation
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri May 06, 2016 12:06 am

This may be a good example of what I'm talking about.
Man sought after girl caught him recording her in Frisco Target changing room

d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2016 12:40 am

Rolling Eyes  this kinda stuff happens at stores all over town..walmart, JC Penney, Dillards...
At target in my city all the dressing rooms are together with men on one side and women on the other...so what..again david, its just not a big deal..as for target, i am an avid shopper and wont quit ..my money is their money ... Twisted Evil...if its a problem for you dont shop there..believe me when i say no one will miss ya..

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri May 06, 2016 5:21 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:Rolling Eyes  this kinda stuff happens at stores all over town..walmart, JC Penney, Dillards...
At target in my city all the dressing rooms are together with men on one side and women on the other...so what..again david, its just not a big deal..as for target, i am an avid shopper and wont quit ..my money is their money ... Twisted Evil...if its a problem for you dont shop there..believe me when i say no one will miss ya..
Actually this is a very big deal. This company and the like are putting our women in jeopardy. This is immoral and we, as Christians should take a stand against it.

Yes, no one will miss me. The world doesn't want to hear from anyone that calls their behavior to attention. I'll walk before the Lord and let the Holy Spirit do His work. My family is done with Target though.

Keep telling yourself it isn't a problem and as long as your conscience is clean....
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2016 12:12 pm

This is what all the bigotry and hatred breeds..I told my wife if this happened to her we are sending the hateful bigot to Jail...

http://www.sheknows.com/living/articles/1120615/target-bathroom

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Sat May 07, 2016 5:24 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:This is what all the bigotry and hatred breeds..I told my wife if this happened to her we are sending the hateful bigot to Jail...

http://www.sheknows.com/living/articles/1120615/target-bathroom
Wouldn't that be the irony.

There's a lot of confused people out there that this has fleshed out of the woodwork.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun May 29, 2016 10:19 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Of course there is more of a social agenda at play, just not the way you see it.  Transgendered folks have been going to the bathroom of the sex they identify with forever.  But for some reason now it's dangerous because we have grown men going into stalls next to little girls just like we have had for decades.  The thing people don't understand is being transgendered isn't just playing dress up.  It isn't just some dude putting on a dress so he can feel pretty.  He truly doesn't see himself as a man.  So here's the common sense--don't legislate problems into existence.  Don't pretend that this legislation is really an attempt to protect anyone.

Here's the social agenda at play.  Conservatives are losing on homosexuality in the courts and really in the court of public opinion.  Americans in general have gotten comfortable with gays living amongst us.  Transgendered people, however, are still kinda icky to a lot of people.  Most of us can't wrap our minds around how a person can think they were born into the wrong body.  So public opinion is still that these people are freaks, and we don't do freaks well.  In fact, we tend to fear freaks.  That is what this legislation taps into.  These lawmakers are being forced to accept that homosexuals are no longer living in the shadows on the fringe of society, but they are not going to let trans people go mainstream.  So they pass legislation to keep our children safe by saying that if you have a penis, you are not allowed in women's restrooms.  Yeah that will do it, because child molesters are good law-biding people.

Look, I don't believe we should treat gay and transgendered people with disrespect, but why do we as a society need to embrace these things as if they were somehow something that promotes life and wholeness ? Confused sexuality and gender identity seems to be more dysfunctional over sound mental state ( and I don't mean this on the same level as something like schizophrenia ). In the past, these things would have been treated by therapy or counseling. But now certain segments of the culture want them to embrace who you they think they are and own it as normal and whole. Now of course, according to my world view the root problem is a spiritual one. But I don't think you can deny the cultural shift towards embracing what used to be seen as a disorder to now see it as something that is good for people.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun May 29, 2016 10:23 pm

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2016 11:17 pm

Look, I don't believe we should treat gay and transgendered people with disrespect, but why do we as a society need to embrace these things as if they were somehow something that promotes life and wholeness ? Confused sexuality and gender identity seems to be more dysfunctional over sound mental state ( and I don't mean this on the same level as something like schizophrenia ). In the past, these things would have been treated by therapy or counseling. But now certain segments of the culture want them to embrace who you they think they are and own it as normal and whole. Now of course, according to my world view the root problem is a spiritual one. But I don't think you can deny the cultural shift towards embracing what used to be seen as a disorder to now see it as something that is good for people.
The mental health world has done studies and scientifically proved that these issues are not disorders.. i tend to think people are born the way they are and the only confusion comes from religious folks who refuse to understand the science and those who have decided what a man or women should look like and act like.. (Then again I guess in one angle it could be choice as we all choose who we are going to have sex with..)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon May 30, 2016 4:36 am

Savage Amusement wrote:
The mental health world has done studies and scientifically proved that these issues are not disorders.. i tend to think people are born the way they are and the only confusion comes from religious folks who refuse to understand the science and those who have decided what a man or women should look like and act like.. (Then again I guess in one angle it could be choice as we all choose who we are going to have sex with..)
I think that "understanding the science" is interesting in this context. In your first sentence you say that it is scientifically proved that issues like these aren't disorders. But that's entirely dependant on what your parameters are for the term "disorder". Do you really think that everything is OK with transgenders while the suicide rate among them is far above average? They need help, at least in another form than a part of society that says that nothing is wrong with them. And no, they shouldn't be considered "freaks" (or whatever) either.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by godsrocker1970 Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:43 am

Lets just change bathroom labels to Penis and Vagina and whatever is under your clothing that is where you go.

godsrocker1970
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2