The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cornona virus, what to do???

+12
Constantine
Samson
Black Rider
ThomasEversole
BaleMaster
TZ75
alldatndensum
Ammocas
Markus1987
MikeInFla
WildWorld
Rockrz
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cornona virus, what to do??? Empty Cornona virus, what to do???

Post by Rockrz Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:45 pm

Seeing mankind has zero answer for the corona virus, meaning they have no vaccine and many people that get this just die.

What are you guys doing about this... waiting on mankind's attempt to answer this, or did you find anything in God's Word that promises protection from things like this?

They say it's going to be a year or more for them to attempt to have a vaccine ready so what would you recommend doing about this new disease suddenly goin round killing people?
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Cornona virus, what to do??? Empty Re: Cornona virus, what to do???

Post by WildWorld Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:59 pm

Canada is actually working on a vaccine. Also, not everyone who gets it just dies, older people and people with pre-existing conditions are the ones who are most at risk. All we can do is wash our hands, trust in the Lord, and pray for an end to this suffering.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:21 am

trust in the Lord

That's an interesting concept... how would one go about "trusting the Lord"?

The Bible speaks of plagues in the end times, reckon the Lord is allowing this to come upon mankind?

I mean, He certainly doesn't appear to be stopping it for the masses.

Is it even possible to walk with the Lord to where one would not be susceptible to deadly diseases such as this one, or the flu, or ebola, sars, cancer, etc?

There are actually promises in God's Word for protection, but some of the folks that say they are Christians scoff at this idea...
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:45 am

University of Tennessee is also close to developing a vaccine. For myself it's business as usual. I will go to work (as long as it's there). Kids are on spring break. Really the only thing I or we are ever concerned with is my youngest daughter's blood sugar as she is diabetic. Does God offer protection? Sure, it's called insulin and God showed it to Dr. Banting in 1922. So honestly I deal with a "plague" every day of my life 24 hours a day.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:37 am

Does God offer protection? Sure, it's called insulin and God showed it to Dr. Banting in 1922

So, how come Jesus never had anyone go to Dr Luke for help with their medical issues?

The Apostle Luke was a physician... and Jesus never ever once sent anybody to a doctor?  We also have no record in the epistles of any of the Apostles sending anybody to a doctor.  In fact, with this corona virus thing, along with other diseases, they have zero answer and many die early in life waiting for doctors to do something.

If God is the One behind medical science, WHY is He failing so badly?  Problem is, He is not the One behind medical science, mankind is.  This is why it fails a large part of the time.

Jesus said He only did what He sees His Father do, so do you think Jesus is powerless to cure someone of diabetes today?  When did He lose His power?

WHERE does God tell us in His Word to trust in mankind's ability rather than trusting Him for all things?  Just curious cause I don't see instructions for this in His Word... maybe you can show me.

What I do see is this:

James 5:14,15
Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up

Problem is, there doesn't seem to be any elders that believe these instructions or that know how to pray the prayer of faith

What do you think these instructions mean?
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:29 pm

Here's a few things the Lord said in His Word on the subject of health and healing, and yes of course not doing things that bring on sickness is common sense so we should eat well, get plenty of rest (including avoiding stress, fear, and worry which many Christians engage in), drink plenty of water, take supplements to make sure the body get plenty of nourishment, bath regularly, wash hands regularly, and other common sense practices.

But, ultimately it's not what we do as our works by themselves doesn't do much without living a lifestyle of staying un-spotted from the Word, dead to self, and being separated from the World as we have been bought with a price and we are told to glorify God in our body because it's supposed to belong to Him unless one wants to take matters in to their own hands which ends badly...

And, NO just because someone in the Bible had a hard time does not mean that God's promises are not for us... taking that position is putting one's experiences and the experiences of others before what God says and in doing so we would be allowing satan to choke the Word of God out of our lives thus making God's promises not applicable to us.

Physical Well-being

Proverbs 4:20-23  (see John 8:51, Proverbs 5:1,2, James 1:22… Most Christians don’t do this – BIG MISTAKE!)
Attend to My words; incline your ear unto My sayings....let them not depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart....for they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh....keep your heart with all diligence; for out of it flow the forces of life.

Psalms 91:9,10   (see Luke 10:19, 1 John 2:6, James 4:7)
Because you have made the LORD, which is My refuge, even the most High, your habitation;
There shall no evil fall upon you, neither shall any plague come near your household.
(only applicable to those that have submitted their lives to the Lord, walking in the Spirit by allowing God's Word to remain IN them… have I made the Lord my habitation?  Am I living IN CHRIST by allowing Him to live in Me?)

1 Peter 2:24
Jesus carried our sins in his own body on the cross, so that we, being dead to sin, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes you were healed.

Matthew 8:17
That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

Isaiah 53:4, 5
Jesus has carried our grief (pain, anxiety, calamity, disease, sickness), and carried our sorrows (anguish, affliction, feelings of pain, sadness and sorrow): yet we did esteem Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted....but He was wounded (to wound, to break, be slain or killed) for our transgressions, He was bruised (crush, destroy, oppress, to collapse) for our iniquities: the punishment (violence, rebuke) of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed. (He took our wounds, so we could take his wholeness & health in every area of life)

James 5:14,15
Is any sick among you? (there shouldn’t be) let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.  (Unfortunately, it’s near impossible now to find elders that follow God’s Word that know how to pray the prayer of faith… so one MUST learn how to receive directly from the Lord for themselves!... God never mentions calling a physician but instead says "the prayer of faith shall save the sick")

Exodus 15:26
If you will diligently listen to the voice of the LORD your God, and will do that which is right in His sight, and will give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will not put (allow) any diseases upon you, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that heals you. ( Walk in the Spirit – See Romans 8  )

Exodus 23:24-26
You shall not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do their works: but you shall utterly overthrow them, and destroy their images  (cast down imaginations and every high thing, see 2 Corinthians 10:5)
And you shall serve Adonai your God, and He shall bless your food and drink; and I will take sickness away from the midst of you.
There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: and you will live out the full span of your lives.

James 4:3
You ask, and receive not, because you ask wrongly, that you may use for your own fleshly desires.
*Some ask for healing with no intention of walking with the Lord (being led by His Word) and ask for themselves for their own selfish motives not being in agreement with the Lord’s purpose for their lives which is to live their lives separated unto Him (Holy) departing from the desires of this world being in agreement with Him.

James 1:5-7
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that gives to all men liberally, in spite of their faults; and it shall be given him.
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavers is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed… For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

Romans 8:11
But IF the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you (allowed to live in us), He that raised up Jesus Christ from the dead shall also quicken (energize, make alive) your mortal body by His Spirit that lives in you. (see 2 Corinthians 3:17 – where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty, freedom.. this includes healing!)
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:55 pm

I will say these things:

Without insulin my daughter will DIE. She was diagnosed when she was 8. If not for insulin she would've already died. Can Jesus cure her? Yes, but he hasn't nor will he cure the other millions of children with Type 1 Diabetes until He returns. Only then will she be cured. I refuse to do nothing and let her die. With insulin and technology she survives and is a normal kid.  I believe God helped Dr. Banting discover insulin. She will not be "healed" of diabetes. If you had a child with diabetes I would hope you would have some common sense and take her to an endocrinologist. 

Final comment: you are now on my block list.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:48 pm

MikeInFla wrote:Final comment: you are now on my block list.
This is something I never knew existed. Great tool.

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:28 pm

WildWorld wrote:All we can do is wash our hands, trust in the Lord, and pray for an end to this suffering.
That's right.
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:30 pm

This pandemic and the actions being undertaken by world governments is something that I have never experienced in my lifetime. It is hard to know how exactly to respond, especially when we have children and we do not want them to feel afraid. On one hand you want to keep living your life and doing the things you enjoy, but also use wisdom to make sure as Christians we are good citizens and not spreading the virus which could put vulnerable people at risk. We are also making sure that we do not panic buy as we see the shelves go empty of some essentials. We know God supplies all our needs and this is a good test of faith.

Already in Australia I can no longer attend events that I was due to go to, my workplace is about to enact it's business continuity plan, which will be very inconvenient to me personally, and schools are shutting down. 

The interesting aspect is Church gatherings. Our church has already stopped celebrating communion and is restricting the sharing of food. Our service meets at midday so we have lunch together. Hand shakes are being discouraged and if anyone shows signs of illness they are asked to stay home. This has all been communicated as the way that we can show love for each other at this time especially when we have a large number of elderly brethren. As this outbreak unfolds it will be interesting to see what other measures we take.

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:41 pm

Erasmus wrote:The interesting aspect is Church gatherings. Our church has already stopped celebrating communion and is restricting the sharing of food. Our service meets at midday so we have lunch together. Hand shakes are being discouraged and if anyone shows signs of illness they are asked to stay home. This has all been communicated as the way that we can show love for each other at this time especially when we have a large number of elderly brethren. As this outbreak unfolds it will be interesting to see what other measures we take.
We have quite the same situation at our church though we still have our meetings .We had three very big events coming starting this weekend, and those are all now cancelled.
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:04 pm

Can Jesus cure her? Yes, but he hasn't nor will he cure the other millions of children with Type 1 Diabetes

Sounds like your jesus is a meanie... in that He promised healing, He has the power / ability to heal, but refuses to.

Something is wrong with that jesus cause he doesn't match the Biblical Jesus.

Sorry you have not heard that there are people getting healed from diabetes

I refuse to do nothing and let her die

In your view, standing on God's promises to get Him personally involved... is doing nothing???

No wonder the Lord is not doing anything for you on this.

She will not be "healed" of diabetes

Sounds like that's your belief, so obviously Jesus is not going to heal her.

My prayer is that she grows up and learns from God's Word for herself and in fact does receive healing.

There are people out there getting healed from this disease and many other diseases.

Churches cancelling services?  The early church brethren didn't do this, but then again they walked in the miraculous

The Bible says Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever... but it sounds like for some He is not.
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:04 pm

In regards to protection over the Corona virus or anything Satan throws at us, read ALOUD Luke 10:19 which says( and this is Jesus talking): “Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.”
‭Speak this out loud directly to the Corona Virus for protection over you and your family. It’s God’s Word given to us ... we as believers have more power than Satan and all he throws at us... Do not be afraid...ask Jesus for a Peace that passes all understanding! (Philippians 4:6-7)He will never leave his children nor forsake us(Deuteronomy 31:8 )
......And wash your hands! And don’t pick your nose!
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:15 pm

Good word, bro!  Jesus said it, so that should settle it Thumbs up

Unfortunately, some here have a problem with what you have posted
cause apparently some do not actually believe all of God's promises.

Apparently God's promises are nothing more than "poetry" for some... Rolling Eyes
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:05 pm

Agree Ammocas, we follow a Lord who has given us his power to save us from anything and ultimately even death will not be our undoing. We need to maintain the faith of these three in the face of hardship.

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego replied, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you.If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. But even if he doesn’t, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up.” Daniel 3:14-18

As fellow believers we may have different interpretations of how God works out his promises to us, but we know the God we serve is all powerful, all loving and will keep the saints in his keep. The whole counsel of God points to this.

Anyway time to get back to why this forum exists, to discuss heavy music in the context of faith.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:11 pm

time to get back to why this forum exists, to discuss heavy music in the context of faith

How can that be done without God's written Word which Jesus personally made sure we had access to?

Some seem to want to claim they have faith, but when scripture is posted they have a problem as though certain verse do not apply to God's people today.

Too bad more "Christian" bands don't quote the Lord in their lyrics

we may have different interpretations of how God works out his promises to us

I like Jesus' interpretation Thumbs up
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:22 pm

You know nothing of us and make some pretty harsh judgments without knowing the history of this place, dude.

We used to have tons of Biblical discussion going on here as well as talking about many other subjects.  Sadly, those threads ended up with people from every Christian background being convinced their cherry-picked verses were God's absolute truth despite someone else being able to use their verses to "prove" them wrong.  A lot of people got mad.  There were a lot of insults being slung--some veiled and some not so veiled.  Many of us that are still here were involved in that--me included.  It got so bad that people left and we ended Biblical debating in the public forums.

Sadly, you are new here and don't know or just don't seem to care about those rules which are posted here.  If you want to debate, find a couple of guys who want to do that and take it private.  Otherwise, it will result in a banning simply because you are disregarding the rules either out of not knowing about them or not caring.

The other thing that could result in a banning is that you condemn anyone who will not engage you.  I suspect that many that won't bite off and chew what you are tossing out agree with you, but because we've been around and around with this in the past just don't have the desire to travel that road again.  Just because we aren't jumping in and discussing what you speak or trying to debate you doesn't mean that we attend churches with unsound doctrine or that we are not true believers.  It just means that we've got a lot of battle scars that should have never happened and want to keep things peaceable.  Hopefully, you will try to live at peace with the rest of the community, follow the rules, and talk about some of the music we all love here.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:04 am

A lot of people got mad

They should learn how to allow others to post whatever and move on if they disagree.

Besides, when someone thinks others are talking specifically about them, that's either being paranoid, or the sign of a guilty conscience.  affraid

It appears that there very little sense of humor up in here and some folk take themselves WAY too seriously.

It helps to lighten up a little and to relax...
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:35 pm

While I know this thread was started by a banned user, I think we can still reclaim it to discuss the virus. Here's some more good news coming from Israel:

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-coronavirus-vaccine-israel-biological-research-institute-develope-1.8665074

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:26 am

That Rockrz guy is a fake. He likes to argue and cause problems for fun. He threw out bible versus but has no compassion toward others. God is love! And that guy has none...

Just a modern day Pharisee pointing his finger like he’s the only true believer.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:37 am

What can we do?

Trust God.  Don't hoard.  Take what you need and save the rest for your neighbor.  That's fulfilling the Law.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:49 am

TZ75 wrote:That Rockrz guy is a fake. He likes to argue and cause problems for fun. He threw out bible versus but has no compassion toward others. God is love! And that guy has none...

Just a modern day Pharisee pointing his finger like he’s the only true believer.

Even the Devil can quote the bible

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:56 am

WildWorld wrote:While I know this thread was started by a banned user, I think we can still reclaim it to discuss the virus. Here's some more good news coming from Israel:

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-coronavirus-vaccine-israel-biological-research-institute-develope-1.8665074

Agreed

I have been trying to keep up on the news as things are getting real in MA.  Schools closed for 3 weeks, restaurant dining rooms closed only can sell take out,  stores ravaged from the panic.  Daughter has been sick (sinus infection) so the timing of the closure i guess is good since she wont miss anymore time.   Wife's work (who works in connecticut) has closed for two weeks starting today. This feels different than SARS and the H1N1 , etc.. I dont know if its cuz of my age or just how close to home its hitting (confirmed first case in my county over the weekend about 10-15 miles from where i live) 

I find I am not worried bout getting infected with it, but i worry about my family's well-being, financially, etc. Right now my wife is also sick, severe sinus infection maybe bronchitus not sure how shes feeling today yet

I think we can reclaim this thread and support each other during this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:32 am

I feel like I maybe have a different perspective about COVID-19 than maybe other people?

Its not that I don't care or don't take it seriously.  I do care and do take it seriously.  
I stayed at the gym after my workout yesterday to go around, hitting grips and weights with Lysol wipes.

Its just that my "worry" over "diseases" "ran out" when I had colon cancer.

Plus, I think the news media has been a bit reckless about this.  Yes, a new contagion should be discussed, they should inform the populous...  but them making frequent bombshells out of a new US death total seems to be missing the mark.  Why not tout the number of people who've been infected, and recovered? (which is a much bigger number than people who have been infected, and died)
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:00 pm

The H1N1 virus was downplayed when Obama was president, but there were a lot of deaths. The media has it out for Trump and is simply fueling the fear machine. If Obama was still president, there would be a protective veil on this.

Last edited by TZ75 on Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next