The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"See No Evil, Hear No Evil" - the new single from Stryper

+11
zelote
Temple of Blood
Raegoul
GACatmandu
TZ75
Follower of Jesus
Sevenoneself
Black Rider
Wigeon
Pethead
Lex Metalis
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"See No Evil, Hear No Evil" - the new single from Stryper Empty "See No Evil, Hear No Evil" - the new single from Stryper

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:02 pm

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

"See No Evil, Hear No Evil" - the new single from Stryper Empty Re: "See No Evil, Hear No Evil" - the new single from Stryper

Post by Pethead Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:04 pm

Love the main riff and the solo. I especially enjoyed Robert’s performance. 

Not sure I’m sold on the chorus, but it’s hooky enough.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

"See No Evil, Hear No Evil" - the new single from Stryper Empty Re: "See No Evil, Hear No Evil" - the new single from Stryper

Post by Wigeon Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:34 pm

How has this not been a Stryper song title until now? Good song, but just sounds like many other Stryper songs. Hope they have a few more songs that aren't so cliche Stryper. Beautiful, GDE, and others recent come to mind that branched out from the typical Stryper formula.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:19 pm

It sounds fine but I agree with Wigeon, it's just typical. I think they're putting albums out so fast that they're running together.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:33 pm

Black Rider wrote:It sounds fine but I agree with Wigeon, it's just typical. I think they're putting albums out so fast that they're running together.

Agreed. I've thought long and hard about this problem for successful, talented bands. From our view (the consumer), we want something fresh and inspired, yet still foundationally the same brand. But from their perspective--the band being not just artistic expression but also their full-time career--they are probably warranted to produce what people will buy, even if the art will not get alot of plays from long-time customers. 

Stryper has not been getting my money every album--I don't think I can justify buying each one, especially if they aren't unique and fresh. But they are still in my top 5 favourite bands of all-time, and I keep spreading their name and watching for new stuff to come out.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:17 pm

Reminded me a lot of Make Love Great Again. I love the heaviness. But the chorus needs some energy.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

zelote, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:02 pm

I like the dark feel of the intro.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Fundy, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GACatmandu Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:47 pm

This song is why I have been bored with Metal for a good 20 years at this point it all sounds the same and hasn't progressed passed 1986, Stryper is one of the bands that are guilty of a major lack of growth musically speaking.

GACatmandu
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Temple of Blood and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:58 pm

GACatmandu wrote:This song is why I have been bored with Metal for a good 20 years at this point it all sounds the same and hasn't progressed passed 1986, Stryper is one of the bands that are guilty of a major lack of growth musically speaking.
I see where you are coming from but Stryper has a trademark sound appealing to a large fanbase. Why should they change the winning formula? If they would I am sure many (including myself) would be whining that this isn‘t the good old Stryper anymore  Smile

New song rules, btw.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:33 am

Raegoul wrote:
GACatmandu wrote:This song is why I have been bored with Metal for a good 20 years at this point it all sounds the same and hasn't progressed passed 1986, Stryper is one of the bands that are guilty of a major lack of growth musically speaking.
I see where you are coming from but Stryper has a trademark sound appealing to a large fanbase. Why should they change the winning formula? If they would I am sure many (including myself) would be whining that this isn‘t the good old Stryper anymore  Smile

New song rules, btw.
That’s what happened with Reborn.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:13 am

There's like 25 new metal genres since then, not sure how you can say it all sounds the same.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite, Friday13th, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:22 am

It can be hard for bands to win. They put something out that sounds like themselves and they get accused of just repeating themselves (unless they’re AC/DC, where people expect and want that). They branch out and their fans don’t like the different sounds. It’s lose/lose.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:25 am

If all I listened to was popular/hyped bands I'd be bored too.  There's been plenty of innovation and creativity in that time but few appreciate it.

This music does traverse a well-worn path.  It's servicable but nothing more.

But it's still better than the failed half-hearted experiment that was "Take it to the Cross".
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Constantine and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:27 am

I don't care if they "progress past 1986", I just want them to have more interesting riffs, lyrics, and vocal melodies.  It can be done.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Staybrite, Andreas89 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by zelote Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:00 am

Sometimes with bands it's difficult to define what we want as fans, some like the band to be creative and show us new things, others want the same sound as happens with AC/DC for example, all their albums sound the same. Bands often play it safe and don't take risks. It seems that with their last four albums Stryper found the formula that they are not going to let go, these last two songs are not bad, but the feeling remains... Where did I hear this before?

zelote
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:36 am

Pethead wrote:
Raegoul wrote:

New song rules, btw.
That’s what happened with Reborn.

And then it took them a few albums after that to "return" or "find" their winning sound.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:37 pm

Sounds good to me.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:35 am

The song is fantastic, everything about it. Love that they got some deeper crunch out of the riff, the transition and solos are really well done, and the chorus gets better every time and ends up being really catchy.

First single was good but now I'm officially excited!
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:58 am

"And then it took them a few albums after that to "return" or "find" their winning sound."

Since NMHTP, the songs are very interchangeable on each album. I like them but they start to blur together.
Sacred Metal Prophet

Temple of Blood and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:24 am

Both the new Stryper and Queensryche songs are sounding good so far! 

Maybe they will tour a bit together.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:23 pm

I like the new song a lot. Reminds me of Make Love Great Again which is another song I love. It also has that slower Metallica Sad But True/Unforgiven/Black Sabbathy/Dio vibe. One of the former members of Helix/album producer likes it too. We both work at Home Depot and we were discussing the song. He said they have gotten heavier. I said as bands get older they mellow out. He said something to the effect that they haven't.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:20 pm

TZ75 wrote:Both the new Stryper and Queensryche songs are sounding good so far! 

You should post the Q song on the forum. I'd like to give it a listen and comment on it.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:15 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:

You should post the Q song on the forum. I'd like to give it a listen and comment on it.

It’s a Silent Lucidity style song. 

TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:50 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Sevenoneself wrote:

It’s a Silent Lucidity style song. 

Thanks!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:57 pm

Here’s a rocker!

TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

alldatndensum, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next