The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stryper - "Blood From Above", first single from the new album is out now!

+16
BaleMaster
StarPilot
FreeRangeBeliever
xMetalMarkx
TZ75
heck
jusma
Jetway777
Sir Shred A Lot
Fundy
deathisgain
Black Rider
MikeInFla
Frozen Fire
Follower of Jesus
Lex Metalis
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stryper - "Blood From Above", first single from the new album  is out now! Empty Stryper - "Blood From Above", first single from the new album is out now!

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:10 pm

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MikeInFla, Frozen Fire and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Stryper - "Blood From Above", first single from the new album  is out now! Empty Re: Stryper - "Blood From Above", first single from the new album is out now!

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:14 pm

It's in all straming services too...
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Stryper - "Blood From Above", first single from the new album  is out now! Empty Re: Stryper - "Blood From Above", first single from the new album is out now!

Post by Follower of Jesus Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:49 am

After first listen, I liked it. After second listen I liked it more. Something about the production bugs me, but I can’t put my finger on it. The song is terrific. I love the lyrics. The riff is very metallic and the the solos are awesome. It just seems like the production tamed it a bit. I still really like it, though.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:10 am

Is just me or someone more agreed that the first riff of both songs are really similar?

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:46 am

I agree.

I actually think there are a lot of fast metal riffs that sound like this. I used to listen to a band called Grave Digger and they had 3 decades of fast metal riffs in the past, a very metallic power metal band (in fact they are still going strong). Their guitars are ALWAYS out front. A lot of their riffs sounded familiar to one another and inevitably they sound like other bands. Impellitteri is that way within themselves. I never faulted either band and loved everything I ever heard from both, just like this.

Considering that Angra song is on an Ep it's really not likely they'd have any familiarity. I wore my Angra "Rebirth" shirt around for a good 10 years and not one person ever knew what it was. Most people, when Kiko joined Megadeth where like "Who?" though they'd been a favorite band of mine for 15 years. Just not known in the U.S. Power metal is a really niche genre here. Dave didn't even know Kiko, though they'd done a photo shoot together in Japan a decade before. Love that song, love the band. I consider that band to have the most musically talented musicians in power metal (songwriting, style, diversity, ability).
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:08 am

Release Date: September, 4th

Tracklisting:
01. Blood From Above
02. Make Love Great Again
03. Let Him In
04. Do Unto Others
05. Even The Devil Believes
06. How To Fly
07. Divider
08. This I Pray
09. Invitation Only
10. For God & Rock 'N' Roll
11. Middle Finger Messiah
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:30 am

Track 11 sounds interesting!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:33 am

MikeInFla wrote:Track 11 sounds interesting!

Yeah... Probally the heaviest tune
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:14 am

Imo, this song could be on the first album while fitting into their current sound.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:40 am

On the first listen not bad. I do feel like a one or two of the screams felt mailed in and lacking something. Not knocking it, as it is not an easy thing to do, and Michael is the best at doing it.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:45 am

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:19 am

Lyric video
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:51 am

Do Unto Others sounds incredible!
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Shred A Lot Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:20 am

Thanks for posting this. The mix seems different than GDE - not as much low end and the drums aren't as loud.

This won't top some of their other recent albums, but it should be decent enough. Definitely won't crack their top 5 releases.

Sir Shred A Lot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:46 pm

Ok, they seem to be taking a huge step forward with the new album! Listening to those samples, I liked 10 out of the 11, and the 11th wasn’t bad. “Let Him In” sounds like a beast!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Opeth3232 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetway777 Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:04 pm

It's sounds like Stryper is returning to their less commercial sounding Metal roots! I Like IT!Very Happy
Jetway777
Jetway777
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Opeth3232 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jusma Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:50 pm

Invitation Only sounded the most interesting to me and not least because of the keys. Haven't heard that before.
jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:13 pm

Divider and Invitation Only sound cool and unique...I’ll give the album a closer look but I’m not super excited about it.

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:36 pm

I'm curious what Middle Finger Messiah is about, seems a little cheesy.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:50 pm

Maybe have something with this...

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:44 pm

Great new song!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:52 pm

I thought GDE was pretty disappointing.  I connect a lot more with these new samples.  "Blood From Above" reminds me somewhat of "The Reign," which is fine by me.  "Middle Finger Messiah" reminds me a little of Judas Priest's "Exciter," which is also fine by me.
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:00 pm

They tried some “new things” on the last album, but it was mostly a big disappointment. This new album has potential.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:12 am

This song is really cool!!
and I really enjoy the artcover, they all seem to have the same colors and style and I like that.

However, I do not have great expectations on this album. God Damn Evil was kind of disppoijnting to me. I could not hear it more than a handful times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:19 am

I thought GDE was as strong as Fallen and No More Hell To Pay.  Yes, they did try new things on GDE, but for me it worked really well.  The first four tracks are killer, even though the Chicken In The Crust is really, really, really, really difficult to get out of your head once it has been suggested!!!!!!!!
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Opeth3232 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next