The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stryper - "Blood From Above", first single from the new album is out now!

+16
BaleMaster
StarPilot
FreeRangeBeliever
xMetalMarkx
TZ75
heck
jusma
Jetway777
Sir Shred A Lot
Fundy
deathisgain
Black Rider
MikeInFla
Frozen Fire
Follower of Jesus
Lex Metalis
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Stryper - "Blood From Above", first single from the new album  is out now! - Page 2 Empty Re: Stryper - "Blood From Above", first single from the new album is out now!

Post by FreeRangeBeliever Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:42 pm

Overall it sounds a bit too generic and predictable to me... The cover is awesome but I don't think I'll be getting this album..It's not bad but I'd much prefer new music from Sacred Warrior or Rob Rock over this.

Stryper were my first intro to christian metal back in 1985 and Soldiers and THWTD especially were very good...but I moved onto other bands (mainly heavier)...  I have really liked certain individual songs by Styper in the last few albums such as The Valley, Yahweh, God, Pride...and a few others..but I'm an album guy. The album has to be high quality with few fillers.
FreeRangeBeliever
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Stryper - "Blood From Above", first single from the new album  is out now! - Page 2 Empty Re: Stryper - "Blood From Above", first single from the new album is out now!

Post by Guest Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:14 pm

Sadly I think these guys are done. (Rob Rock and Sacred Warrior)

I would only expect something from Impellitteri, Tourniquet and maybe new music from Rex Carrol. The rest of christian metal is done, sadly...

Last edited by Thiago-Brazil on Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:00 am

Thiago-Brazil wrote:Sadly I think these guys are done.

I would only expect something from Impellitteri, Tourniquet and maybe new music from Rex Carrol. The rest of christian metal is done, sadly...
 They’re not even close to done. Michael Sweet is a very active songwriter.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Opeth3232 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StarPilot Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:22 pm

On Spotify, I've saved my favorite Stryper songs.  

From NMHTP, Revelation, NMHTP, Jesus Is Just Alright and Sticks & Stones.
From Fallen, Yahweh
From GDE, Sorry, Lost and The Valley

I don't think Blood From Above will make my list.

Anyone argue that I'm overlooking some great songs on these CD's?
StarPilot
StarPilot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:47 pm

TZ75 wrote:

Sorry. My message was supposed to be a reply to the user above. Frreranger, I guess.

I edited the post. 
Of course, Stryper is not done. They are releasing album after album, playing hundreds of live concerts all around the world and we do not see they slowing down.

They have probably the biggest of these days label supporting their albums and they got attention from specialized media.

I wish we could have at least half a dozen christian rock bands that active.

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:33 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

Sorry. My message was supposed to be a reply to the user above. Frreranger, I guess.

I edited the post. 
Of course, Stryper is not done. They are releasing album after album, playing hundreds of live concerts all around the world and we do not see they slowing down.

They have probably the biggest of these days label supporting their albums and they got attention from specialized media.

I wish we could have at least half a dozen christian rock bands that active.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I thought you were talking about Stryper. That said, I would love a new Rob Rock solo album! Holy Hell was awesome.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:50 pm

So would I...

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeRangeBeliever Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:35 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:Sadly I think these guys are done. (Rob Rock and Sacred Warrior)

I hope Rob Rock might release another solo cd someday..but Impelletteri is still going so that's good. ..I'm done with Tourniquet...after being a huge fan til 2003....
It's just Ted's project now..and lacks the wow factor.

Hopefully Sacred Warrior will release the new album they're working on...If only they could get Rey or Eli to sing on it...I heard a few demos that sound great...better than the Blood River song.

Still enjoy bands like Theocracy. and a couple others...
FreeRangeBeliever
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:51 am

Bride, Trytan, All For The King and Stairway all should have albums out this year.  All four of them should be great (if their last albums and samples are anything to go by).
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:46 am

Especially stoked for Trytan.  Enough of Lary's "teasers" already!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:38 am

How does Stryper keep getting better?!! INCREDIBLE
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:46 am

Fundy wrote:Bride, Trytan, All For The King and Stairway all should have albums out this year.  All four of them should be great (if their last albums and samples are anything to go by).
Take trytan as an example. They haven't done anything for the last 30 years. Then, they announce a new album and you called then active? No way.

We have had a discussion about that a couple of months ago. 

We can discuss about bride, two albums in a row, but no live appearances in several years. 
And I don't know the other bands to discuss about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:50 am

Thiago-Brazil wrote:
Fundy wrote:Bride, Trytan, All For The King and Stairway all should have albums out this year.  All four of them should be great (if their last albums and samples are anything to go by).
Take trytan as an example. They haven't done anything for the last 30 years. Then, they announce a new album and you called then active? No way.

We can discuss about bride, two albums in a row, but no live appearances in several years. 
 BTW, I am going to tell how this ends. Trytan will relase a new album after rescheduling the release date a few times, get no attention from media, there will be a thread in CMR with a dozen coments about how good or how awful the album will be and then they will be done again.

They might resurface again in about 5, 7 years, promising a new album that may or may not come to happen.

Uhh, so excited for all of this to happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:44 pm

I ordered the red vinyl and CD from bandwear. I would of ordered the yellow vinyl but they sold out. Did anyone else get a colored vinyl, yellow, purple or red?
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:46 pm

Soldier777 wrote:I ordered the red vinyl and CD from bandwear. I would of ordered the yellow vinyl but they sold out. Did anyone else get a colored vinyl, yellow, purple or red?
I picked up a copy of the yellow vinyl and the cd...I’m thinking of selling or trading the yellow vinyl when it’s delivered and just picking up the black vinyl or possibly trading for a purple vinyl.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:40 am

Thiago-Brazil wrote:
Thiago-Brazil wrote:

BTW, I am going to tell how this ends. Trytan will relase a new album after rescheduling the release date a few times, get no attention from media, there will be a thread in CMR with a dozen coments about how good or how awful the album will be and then they will be done again.

They might resurface again in about 5, 7 years, promising a new album that may or may not come to happen.

Uhh, so excited for all of this to happen.
Wrong.  They already have two more albums in the pipeline after BoK.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:16 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:Sadly I think these guys are done. (Rob Rock and Sacred Warrior)

Done, how so? Narnia and Saint just released albums, the debut of Hand of Fire is killer! Not just Bride, but Dale is involved with a slew of good projects. This is not 1987 ya know! These cats, like us, are getting old, and most of them do not make a living from this, I'm grateful for what we have.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:59 am

I guess I will be the lone dissenter. 

The song is ok, love the lyrics but not real thrilled with the chorus. Sounds very...I don't know the word I am looking for...maybe disjointed?

Of course, I didn't like the first single (Take It To The Cross) from GDE, either, but I still loved the album, so hopefully this goes the same way. I definitely like this single better than Take It To The Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2