The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

old school Christian Metal poll!

+19
oldschooldoom
Deepfriar
strype53
ludey7
Machine Fish
cailen
Staybrite
Follower of Jesus
strangerhoncho
Mang67
KaramKaram
metaldude
eatbugs
Throne of thorns
exo
StarPilot
alldatndensum
sentient 6
Hardcore Christian
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

early Christian Metal

old school Christian Metal poll!  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%old school Christian Metal poll!  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
old school Christian Metal poll!  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%old school Christian Metal poll!  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
old school Christian Metal poll!  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%old school Christian Metal poll!  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
old school Christian Metal poll!  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap2%old school Christian Metal poll!  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
old school Christian Metal poll!  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%old school Christian Metal poll!  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 7 ]
old school Christian Metal poll!  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap2%old school Christian Metal poll!  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
old school Christian Metal poll!  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%old school Christian Metal poll!  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 7 ]
old school Christian Metal poll!  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap22%old school Christian Metal poll!  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 22% 
[ 11 ]
old school Christian Metal poll!  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%old school Christian Metal poll!  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 10 ]
old school Christian Metal poll!  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap24%old school Christian Metal poll!  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 51

old school Christian Metal poll!  - Page 2 Empty Re: old school Christian Metal poll!

Post by Staybrite Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:10 pm

I went with Saint, but just as easily could have picked Bloodgood or Barren Cross.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

old school Christian Metal poll!  - Page 2 Empty Re: old school Christian Metal poll!

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:15 pm

Aaron C wrote:I voted for Stryken

Metal 3   Metal 3   Metal 3   Metal 3   Metal 3   Metal 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:16 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:Just curious...who hear was an avid Christian metal listener only in the 80s and real early 90s..

When I was a kid I was only allowed to listen to Christian music, so I had to sneak secular in and I didn't do that until about 1989 or so. Before that - it was all Christian music all the time. I felt very limited in my choices.

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:06 pm

I grew up with listening to Bon Jovi, AC DC, Iron Maiden, Warlock ... in the early 80s.

Then in 1988 I changed to Petra, Bloodgood ... later to Vengeance Rising, Deliverance, Believer,
 The Crucified and later on Tourniquet and Mortification.

by the way: I voted for Saint because they were one of the first christian metal bands.
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:59 pm

Very easy choice. Bloodgood and Deliverance are my favorite bands ever (with or without Stryper, christian and secular).

But from the bands listed, I also got some love for:
Daniel Band
Rez Band
Saint

All the other bands had great moments, but also some warm and cold moments and while analyzing a band career, I take into consideration their entire discography, not only one or two albums.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:10 pm

I honestly love and own at least a album by each of these bands.

So I keep coming back here and debating with myself who I shouldve voted for Razz
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:29 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:I honestly love and own at least a album by each of these bands.

So I keep coming back here and debating with myself who I shouldve voted for Razz

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:01 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:Just curious...who hear was an avid Christian metal listener only in the 80s and real early 90s..

With few exceptions, I listened to only Christian metal from '87 to about '91. I started following Christian rock music in '82 and have been following it since then.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:32 pm

Tough choice man, I went with Bride, those first three albums are great. I almost went for Saint for a minute though.
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by ludey7 Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:54 pm

This was easy for me - there is Bride and then there is everyone else on this list.

ludey7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:12 pm

I'd rank em as such:

1. Stryken (wish they had more than the one album, but it is what it is!)

2. Bride (great band!!!)

3. Saint

4. Bloodgood

5. Barren Cross

6. Rez

7. Messiah Prophet

8. Leviticus

9. Daniel Band

10. Barnabas

Love all of these bands though!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by strype53 Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:35 pm

I went with Bloodgood, but I could have chosen Bride just as easy!
strype53
strype53
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:21 pm

If I had To rank the bands on the poll, I would do like this:

1 - Bloodgood - Amazing Lyrics, amazing voice, unique style.

2 - Saint - 10 original albums, 9 of them are top notch! One of the longest discography in christian metal.

3 - Rez Band - Lyrics are awesome and go far beyond the"JPM's". Love their entire career and the balance between the singers and guitarrists. Not to mention that Glen Kaiser is one of the most talented musician/writer I have ever known.

4 - Daniel Band - 5 Solid albums of pure Rock and Roll. No relevant style change among them.

5 - Bride - Due to their long career and their amazing three first albums. After that, just a couple of relevant albums.

6 - Leviticus - Due to Setting Fire to the Earth (what a great album!) and to Knights of heaven what is really good.

7 - Barren Cross - Great band, with many cool songs, even though the writing is a letdown sometimes.

8 - Barnabas - The raw production of their albums is a letdown, and that's why they are not better ranked. Their albums desperately need a good remaster treatment.

9 - Messiah Prophet - The only album I know from them is Master of the Metal, and I don't think it is so amazing as people say.

10 - Stryken - We never know how would they sound if more albums were released. Maybe better, but maybe not. One single album cannot tell much about a band. That is why I tend to rank better bands with a long career.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:58 am

1. Bloodgood
2. Barren Cross
3. Bride
4. Rez
5. Messiah Prophet
6. Saint
7. Leviticus
8. Stryken
9. Daniel Band or Barnabas havent heard much of them Surprised
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:13 pm

I was one of the first ones who voted Bride... glad to see they have climbed the ranks.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:25 pm

Deepfriar wrote:I was one of the first ones who voted Bride... glad to see they have climbed the ranks.
But I was the first one, you won't take that from me  Evil or Very Mad

I am glad they climbed the ranks too
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:13 pm

Wow! Bride is winning! I'm not surprised though. Very good band.

If you had asked me anytime before this past year, I would have said Bride.

For some reason I have seen something new in Stryken this year. And I'm going on a rampage about it! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:51 pm

I went with Resurrection Band.  While not the most consistent musically, I love Glenn Kaisers soulful, bluesy singing.  I also love the way they could weave songs that were definitely about Jesus with tales of real people and situations that Christians needed to know about socially.  For example, how could we help the homeless if we didn't know they were there?  Their albums were a great mix of social commentary, storying, and praise of the Lord.  I would love to be that type of lyricist.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:04 am

Can I vote for all of them. I am old school Laughing. I like them all for different reasons.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by PlaceOfASkull Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:50 pm

1. Saint
2. Sacred Warrior should be on the list.
3. Bride

PlaceOfASkull
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:36 am

Thiago-Brazil wrote:If I had To rank the bands on the poll, I would do like this:

2 - Saint - 10 original albums, 9 of them are top notch! One of the longest discography in christian metal.

Man, I had no idea they had so many albums!  I thought they had like 2 in the 80s and then a couple recently.  I guess I need to re-visit them and catch up.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:47 am

PlaceOfASkull wrote:1. Saint
2. Sacred Warrior should be on the list.
3. Bride

Well, there's only 10 slots ... so I only included the early bands. Sacred Warrior came out later. They were with the 'second wave' of Christian Metal. Along with Whitecross, Zion, Holy Soldier, Deliverance, Vengeance Rising and a plethora of others.

This thread is called "Old School" meaning the first wave of Christian Hard Rock and Metal.

Feel free to start a second poll with the second wave bands if you want. My vote would probably go to Deliverance on that one!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:55 pm

strangerhoncho wrote:
Thiago-Brazil wrote:If I had To rank the bands on the poll, I would do like this:

Man, I had no idea they had so many albums!  I thought they had like 2 in the 80s and then a couple recently.  I guess I need to re-visit them and catch up.
You can't go wrong with them. go ahead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:57 pm

Tough competition among Bride, Bloodgood and Saint.

Back to top Go down

Post by mudpuppy Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:01 pm

Bride...the first Christian band that I thought rocked as hard or harder than any of the secular bands.  Dale Thompson of Bride has a new band called "The World Will Burn".  CD coming out soon.  The songs they preview on their website rock.  Same killer voice!

mudpuppy
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next