The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's talk Maiden! (Exo distracts Kerrick with something shiny....)

+5
WildWorld
sentient 6
d@v!d
exo
Kerrick
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Let's talk Maiden! (Exo distracts Kerrick with something shiny....) - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's talk Maiden! (Exo distracts Kerrick with something shiny....)

Post by Kerrick Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:01 pm

exo wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:BNW is the worst Maiden album I have heard all the way through.

Most overrated reunion ever.

Welp, the world's gonna end now.  I find myself almost agreeing with you.  The title of "worst Maiden album" easily goes to No Prayer.  BNW was a definite dissappointment to me, though.

Brave New World was actually my first Maiden album (besides Edward The Great) so I'll admit I am slightly biased here because that album opened up a whole [brave new] world for me.  It's got some fillers for sure (The Mercenary, The Fallen Angel...) but wow does it have some great ones (The Wicker Man, Dream Of Mirrors, The Nomad, Out Of The Silent Planet...).  Overall it's one of my top favorite albums of theirs for sure.  I agree that "worst" goes to NPFTD.

Temple of Blood wrote:
exo wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:BNW is the worst Maiden album I have heard all the way through.

Most overrated reunion ever.

Welp, the world's gonna end now.  I find myself almost agreeing with you.  The title of "worst Maiden album" easily goes to No Prayer.  BNW was a definite dissappointment to me, though.

"No Prayer" has The Assasin, Run Silent Run Deep, and Tailgunner on it.  All three great songs, the first two are brilliant in my book.  Don't think anything on BNW comes close in terms of quality.

Eh, those songs are ok...  Personally my favorite is the title track.  I think it's really quite good!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Let's talk Maiden! (Exo distracts Kerrick with something shiny....) - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's talk Maiden! (Exo distracts Kerrick with something shiny....)

Post by Staybrite Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:30 pm

They used to be one of my favorite bands (back in the 80's) but I completely lost track of them after Powerslave.  I have heard a few albums here and there but I'm not much of a fan of their more "progressive" tracks.  Love Piece of Mind and Killers along with Number of the Beast.
I should probably check out some more albums (beyond Powerslave) but just don't know where to start.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:48 pm

All of their albums from the 80's are pure gold.  If you haven't, I highly recommend Somewhere In Time.  It's one of my top favorites of theirs.  Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son is also very good.

As for their newer stuff, personally I love Brave New World and would recommend that to be a good starting point of their post-reunion-with-Bruce-and-Adrien era.  Dance Of Death has a few fillers but it's a great one too.  I'd probably say start with either of those.  A Matter Of Life And Death is very very good but it's a bit darker and more progressive so it may not be up your alley.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:48 pm

I am actually pretty disappointed in Book Of Souls..I just dont think its that great of an album ..I thought it was boring...I really liked The Final Frontier way better...in fact I have the final frontier on cd and vinyl both...

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:40 pm

Yeah Book Of Souls definitely isn't a masterpiece when compared to some of their other material.  It's still good though and despite a few pretty bland fillers, has some good material in it.  I actually prefer it over The Final Frontier though not by much.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:39 pm

Kerrick wrote:All of their albums from the 80's are pure gold.  If you haven't, I highly recommend Somewhere In Time.  It's one of my top favorites of theirs.  Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son is also very good.

As for their newer stuff, personally I love Brave New World and would recommend that to be a good starting point of their post-reunion-with-Bruce-and-Adrien era.  Dance Of Death has a few fillers but it's a great one too.  I'd probably say start with either of those.  A Matter Of Life And Death is very very good but it's a bit darker and more progressive so it may not be up your alley.

Thanks, I will see if I can track down the Somewhere in Time and Brave New World albums.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:19 pm

Thumbs up I hope you enjoy!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:06 pm

exo wrote:You REALLY need to give Bruce MkII era Maiden a serious listen, S6.  No, it doesn't really have the speed or edge of the Di'Anno or Bruce MkI stuff, but there is a maturity and progressiveness to a lot of the material that is pretty awesome.

..you talked me into it.Cool
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:54 pm

I really think a good album to buy with a great sampling of some later maiden is From Fear To Eternity:1990-2010... It has alot of really good tracks on it...

Let's talk Maiden! (Exo distracts Kerrick with something shiny....) - Page 2 61TpJ8G2bLL._SY450_

Disc: 1

1. The Wicker Man

2. Holy Smoke

3. El Dorado

4. Paschendale

5. Different World

6. Man On The Edge (LIVE)

7. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg

8. Blood Brothers

9. Rainmaker

10. Sign of the Cross (LIVE)

11. Brave New World

12. Fear Of The Dark (LIVE)

Disc: 2

1. Be Quick Or Be Dead

2. Tailgunner

3. No More Lies

4. Coming Home

5. The Clansman (LIVE)

6. For the Greater Good of God

7. These Colours Don't Run

8. Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter

9. Afraid to Shoot Strangers

10. Dance of Death

11. When the Wild Wind Blows

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:53 pm

Kerrick wrote:Gotcha.

I LOVE Dance Of Death.  That's definitely one of my favorites.  So many good songs!  Rainmaker, the title track, and Paschendale are all just spectacular.

That's awesome!!! Seems like a lot of people hate that album for some reason! It's my favorite album from Iron Maiden since the year 2000!

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:53 am

For me:

1 - Piece Of Mind (the first one I ever owned)
2 - Killers
3 - Iron Maiden
4a - Maiden Japan (doesn't really count as it was an EP but I  have the full version bootleg)
4b - Number Of The Beast
5 - A Matter Of Life & Death

I like more, but those are my favorites. If only 5 would work then I would probably bump out Maiden Japan as those songs are on the first 2. 

I can live without the Blayze albums. I had the X Factor when it was new and dumped it within the first month of owning it, never to hear it again. Virtual XI was a little bit better but not much. Love BNW and Matter Of Life and Death  but since the reunion those are the only 2 I like. Did not like Final Frontier at ALL. Still have it, but never listen to it.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:23 pm

It's my personal opinion that Iron Maiden does not even have a bad album to their name!

Of course, I'm a HUGE Iron Maiden fan. They would be in my top 5 fave Metal bands of all time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2