The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets have a look at the year 1986....

5 posters

Go down

Lets have a look at the year 1986.... Empty Lets have a look at the year 1986....

Post by Soldier777 Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:22 pm

As we all my know, 1986 was a formative year for rock, hard rock and metal releases. Christian hard rock and metal exploded that year. Here are some albums that I have released that year:

WHITEHEART: Don't Wait for the Movie
PETRA: Back to the Street with new vocalist John Schlitt and eventually went in a more hard rock direction
IDLE CURE: Idle Cure
DANIEL BAND: Rise Up, a great follow up to 1984 Run From the Darkness
STRYPER: To Hell With the Devil
MESSIAH PROPHET: Master of the Metal, this was the second release on the new Refuge Records subsidiary PURE METAL RECORDS.
BLOODGOOD: Bloodgood
BARREN CROSS: Rock for the King
SAINT: Times End, this was the first release on the new Refuge Records subsidiary PURE METAL RECORDS.

All the above are great albums. I had the following even though I'm not really a current fan of these artists. These are also worth mentioning:

RICK CUA: Wear Your Colors
BRIDE: Show No mercy
BARNABAS: Little Foxes

Any thoughts on these albums? What other straight forward rock, hard rock and metal albums you have that was released that year? Heaven's Metal did a feature on youtube on this.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Lets have a look at the year 1986.... Empty Re: Lets have a look at the year 1986....

Post by Follower of Jesus Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:26 pm

As far as metal goes, Saint’s Times End is so, so great. Messiah Prophet’s Master of the Metal is right there too.

On the rock side, Whiteheart’s Don’t Wait for the Movie would be my favorite, with Idle Cure’s debut right there.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Lets have a look at the year 1986.... Empty Re: Lets have a look at the year 1986....

Post by mothy Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:45 pm

Just watched this yesterday. They also did one for 1985

mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

MetalForJesus and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:43 pm

Altar Boys - Gut Level Music was also released in '86. One of my top 5 albums of all time!
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:56 pm

Another album released in 1986 was Motherlode - The Sanctuary.   It had some Christian lyrics because Sonny Larsson was the singer (Charizma, Bjorn Stigsson, Leviticus, XT).  Music was good Swedish hard rock in the vein of Deep Purple or Bjorn Stigsson's Together With Friends album.

I was not a Christian yet in 1986 but I knew of or heard some of the albums mentioned.   I had actually shop-lifted a copy of the Messiah Prophet cassette (as I said, was not a believer) and reviewed it in my (secular) fanzine.  The only other one I had back then was Bloodgood's 1st one which I really liked a lot because it was so different from everything else out there at the time.

Looking back, I would say I like parts of most of the albums mentioned...but aside from Messiah Prophet, Motherlode, and maybe Bloodgood, many of the bands mentioned would eventually release albums that I liked much better.   Like Barren Cross with "Atomic Arena" or Bride "Live To Die" or Idle Cure.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down