The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Album Of The Year (Halfway There) / What Are You Looking Forward To In The Next Half Of The Year, (Is This A Long Title?)

+8
Mirkwood
sentient 6
Black Rider
Kerrick
Candlemass
Staybrite
metaldude
Hardcore Christian
12 posters

Go down

Album Of The Year (Halfway There) / What Are You Looking Forward To In The Next Half Of The Year, (Is This A Long Title?) Empty Album Of The Year (Halfway There) / What Are You Looking Forward To In The Next Half Of The Year, (Is This A Long Title?)

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:20 pm

We are already halfway through the year, I myself can't believe Ive been a member for almost 2 years here!!!! affraid 

Its been a awesome time and learning experience in the way of the olden metal Razz 

Anyway what are your thoughts on nominees / contenders for album of the year, so far?

My 2 picks so far

Haste The Day - Coward (Came out in May)
Phinehas - Til The End (Comes out Friday) [the 2 songs Ive heard are amazing!]

Ones that others may mention are:

The Ongoing Concept - Handmade
and
Mortification - Realm Of The Skelataur

What are you looking forward to for the rest of 2015?

I know number one right now is probably Fallen
but whatelse?
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Album Of The Year (Halfway There) / What Are You Looking Forward To In The Next Half Of The Year, (Is This A Long Title?) Empty Re: Album Of The Year (Halfway There) / What Are You Looking Forward To In The Next Half Of The Year, (Is This A Long Title?)

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:30 am

I really can't narrow it down, as I have 5 I love so far.

Sweet & Lynch, Only To Rise
Impellitteri, Venom
Worldview, The Chosen Few
GX Project, Raze Some Hell
Armageddon USA. Up In Flames

I am looking forward to the new Stryper and the new Stairway

Back to top Go down

Album Of The Year (Halfway There) / What Are You Looking Forward To In The Next Half Of The Year, (Is This A Long Title?) Empty Re: Album Of The Year (Halfway There) / What Are You Looking Forward To In The Next Half Of The Year, (Is This A Long Title?)

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:57 am

Digging Armageddon USA, Sweet & Lynch, Worldview, Of Monsters and Men, and am looking forward to Stryper, Iron Maiden, and The Devil Wears Prada.

Metal 3

Last edited by Neal Morse Code on Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:59 am

So far, for me, it's Flawed By Design - New Creation and/or Signum Regis - Through the Storm.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:17 am

My top two contenders for the year are Sweet-Lynch and Worldview.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:41 am

Contenders;

Worldview
Mort
Harmony ep

Looking forward to the new Stryper, not sure what else of interest is on the horizon...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:43 am

Dalit - Descent is so far my favorite.  It's going to be REALLY hard to top this one...

The Signum Regis EP is also very excellent, as Metaldude said, as is Within Silence.

I am highly anticipating the new Vials Of Wrath, Crimson Moonlight, Miriam, and Vardoger.

This year is looking to be a mighty good year!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:05 am

Worldview and Sweet/Lynch. Slow year for me.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:45 pm

I haven't listened to August Burns Red's Found In Far Away Places yet, but seeing as how that's the only album that's come out so far this year....

The Devil Wears Prada's Space EP comes out next month. Very Happy But that's the only release of which I'm aware that's coming out the second half of 2015.

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:48 pm

..probably the Signum Regis EP.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:04 pm

Kerrick wrote:Dalit - Descent is so far my favorite.  It's going to be REALLY hard to top this one...

The Signum Regis EP is also very excellent, as Metaldude said, as is Within Silence.

I am highly anticipating the new Vials Of Wrath, Crimson Moonlight, Miriam, and Vardoger.

This year is looking to be a mighty good year!
You forgot Eddie? 

In the words of Judas Priest: "Sinner!" Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:05 pm

lol! 

Well I thought this was Christian only.  Otherwise, My Silent Wake would definitely be on there for albums already released and Maiden would DEFINITELY be on there for upcoming ones!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirkwood Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:37 pm

So far,

Wintermetal - Immortal Souls

Slave to Nothing - Fit For A King
Mirkwood
Mirkwood
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:48 pm

LemonMouse wrote:I haven't listened to August Burns Red's Found In Far Away Places yet, but seeing as how that's the only album that's come out so far this year....

The Devil Wears Prada's Space EP comes out next month. Very Happy But that's the only release of which I'm aware that's coming out the second half of 2015.
TDWP I forgot about

what about Haste The Day? Laughing
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:48 pm

Worldview and Impelliteri are also up there this year
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:28 am

Some others I forgot to mention...

I was hoping a new Absolon disc would come out this year, but it is getting doubtful. Maybe 2016.

Since Sacred Warrior has been working on a new album, maybe that will hit by the end of the year.

And let's not forget, a new LNJ disc should be out this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:58 am

Signum Regis announced that they're putting the finishing touches on their upcoming full-length and that it'll be out this fall!!!  cheers

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:23 pm

Woo Hoo.

That's a sincere Woo Hoo ... NOT a sarcastic Woo Hoo.
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Location : In a meeting of the Society who puts things on top of other things

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:24 pm

Kerrick wrote:Signum Regis announced that they're putting the finishing touches on their upcoming full-length and that it'll be out this fall!!!  cheers

Metal 2
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:10 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
LemonMouse wrote:I haven't listened to August Burns Red's Found In Far Away Places yet, but seeing as how that's the only album that's come out so far this year....

TDWP I forgot about

what about Haste The Day? Laughing

I've only heard and liked a couple of songs off Burning Bridges, When Everything Falls, and Pressure The Hinges. Haven't yet listened to anything from Coward. Should fix that, I suppose. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:50 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:Some others I forgot to mention...

I was hoping a new Absolon disc would come out this year, but it is getting doubtful. Maybe 2016.

Since Sacred Warrior has been working on a new album, maybe that will hit by the end of the year.

And let's not forget, a new LNJ disc should be out this year.

Really looking forward to that new LnJ disc with Larry behind the mic.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:25 pm

There have been some decent releases that I picked up this year:
Sweet Lynch - Only To Rise
Impellitteri - Venom
World View - Chosen Few
GX - Raize Some Hell (on order)
and I'm looking forward to the new Stryper album Fallen.

That's 5 albums that we know of so far this year. When you compare this to previous years:

2014:
Guardian - Almost Home
Stryper - Live At The Whisky
Barren Cross Birth Pangs
The Brave - Rise
Saint - Broad Is The Gate
GX - Sinner

2014 reissues:
Barren Cross - Rock for the King
Deliverance -Stay of Execution
Saint - Warriors of the Son

2013:
John Schlitt - Christmas Project
Stryper - No More Hell to Pay
Blooggood - Dangerously Close
Deliverance - Hear What I Say
John Elefante - On My Way to the Son
Sacred Warrior - Waiting In Darkness

This year is on par with the last couple of years and there may be more releases that haven't been announced yet. Even though I purchased all of these albums that are currently out, I purchased a lot of older releases. I bought around 41 CDs of old and new releases over the past couple of years.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:20 pm

It's been a slow year for me thus far. Including projects that aren't really rock/metal and a couple of secular bands, I have:

RED- Of Beauty and Rage
NYVES- Anxiety (Ryan Clark's electronic side project with Randy Torres)
Lifehouse- Out of the Wasteland 
Full Devil Jacket- Valley of Bones (secular)
Tremonti- Cauterize (secular)
Breaking Benjamin- Dark Before Dawn (secular)
Wildcat
Wildcat
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by StarPilot Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:25 pm

Within Silence - Gallery of Life
Signum Regis - Through The Storm
Leah McHenry - Kings & Queens

I got the Impelliterri cd Venom but grew tired of it quickly.  Not a big fan of Ray Parra's voice.  Not really interested in more Stryper.
StarPilot
StarPilot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:57 pm

StarPilot wrote:Within Silence - Gallery of Life
Signum Regis - Through The Storm

Metal 1

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down