The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Messiah - demo 1986 (Bay Area thrash metal)

4 posters

Go down

Messiah - demo 1986 (Bay Area thrash metal) Empty Messiah - demo 1986 (Bay Area thrash metal)

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:27 pm

Messiah - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives (metal-archives.com)

So I heard one track from this and it sounds really promising.  They showed up with a song called "The Tempter" on this legendary "Eastern Front - Live at Ruthie's Inn" comp that also features early versions of Forbidden Evil, Vio-lence, DRI, Metal Church, Death Angel, etc.

Eastern Front- Live at Ruthie's Inn.Compilation 2xLP.1986 (Vinyl rip) - YouTube

I'm a total student of the Bay Area thrash movement and to find a good Bay Area thrash metal band that is also Christian is like finding gold for me.

Anyone have access to this demo or heard it?

Google has turned up nothing.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Messiah - demo 1986 (Bay Area thrash metal) Empty Re: Messiah - demo 1986 (Bay Area thrash metal)

Post by Constantine Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:10 pm

I remember  that Live At Ruthie's compilation, but honestly I forgot all about it until you mentioned it....I never had it, just knew about it back in the day.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Messiah - demo 1986 (Bay Area thrash metal) Empty Re: Messiah - demo 1986 (Bay Area thrash metal)

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:23 pm

This is getting reissued on CD soon and I will check all the lyrics to see if this is indeed a Christian release.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine and Messiah Drummer like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:21 pm

Here is the song "The Tempter" from the demo:

mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Temple of Blood and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Messiah - demo 1986 (Bay Area thrash metal) Empty We're still here

Post by Messiah Drummer Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:23 pm

Found this article and wanted to let everyone know that we are still around! Over the years played in various bands, but we are working on a release and some new music....stay tuned.

Rich Perez
Messiah Drummer
Messiah Drummer
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Black Rider, Temple of Blood, Fundy, CrimsonWarrior, Frozen Fire, Pethead, mothy and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:04 am

Messiah Drummer wrote:Found this article and wanted to let everyone know that we are still around! Over the years played in various bands, but we are working on a release and some new music....stay tuned.

Rich Perez

Awesome!  Thanks for stopping by Rich!

I have been waiting for your CD reissue for a long time and asked Russ Kent about it and he said it was coming.  This was several months ago.

I love your sound and would love to hear more music from you guys in any form ... new songs, old recordings, whatever!

You may want to set up a Facebook page to let everyone know that you are active.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down