The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

+27
Opeth3232
alldatndensum
strangerhoncho
Markus1987
Nocturnal Servant
exo
jaydeecrawson
Wildcat
exact33
Andreas89
bigtreads
d@v!d
deathisgain
bjorn agin
Temple of Blood
L8T
oldschooldoom
Blake
Candlemass
sentient 6
KaramKaram
ThomasEversole
messiaen77
Tobi Elektrik
Hardcore Christian
Kerrick
My Awesome Timothy
31 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News - Page 2 Empty Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by KaramKaram Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:55 pm

I am big fan of AILD and this whole situation made me realize how much we all need God's love in our hearts, I pray daily for Tim
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:13 am

Don't think I've ever heard one track from them...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:21 am

This is why I have no problem listening to mostly secular metal. As I Lay Dying isn't the first band to fake their faith, and actually they allege many more that they toured with faked it as well. Id rather support an honest secular band than a secular band that parades as Christians.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:07 am

Well for Ravenwolf/Candlemass

here is one of As I Lay Dying's most popular songs
from about 8 years ago

When they were still definitely a Christian band

Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:10 am

I actually used to have a lot of respect for Tim and would often include "Behind Me Lies Another Fallen Soldier" when I played a worship themed show. I used to respect how it seemed even after gaining mainstream popularity that they were still releasing some songs that seemed to have clear Christian symbolism. "The Sound of Truth", while looking back I suppose it could have been from a anti-Christian point of view. That song at the time struck me as a wake up call to Christians, and how often when we pray we "hear" an answer that comes from our own mind, rather than waiting for God to answer, so as the song says "The truth that sounds right to your ears"

After some of the things he has said, even if AILD releases another album it will take some convincing for me to buy another of their albums. Its not so much about him not being a Christian, it more about his deliberate deception
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:55 pm

So what's all this about Pastor Bob saying what a "great man of God" he is... Question scratch
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:22 pm

Candlemass wrote:So what's all this about Pastor Bob saying what a "great man of God" he is... Question scratch
Everyone has their own opinion on him as you can tell by this thread Laughing

I personally believe he has returned to the faith but on the other side of the coin others dont think the same at all.

Take the articles here and believe what you want of him/them now

Either way they were a very big influence on me personally with albums such as Shadows Are Security and An Ocean Between Us
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:23 pm

And I also recently saw the other members in Wovenwar in Walla Walla a month ago and of course I never brought up Tim and AILD but they were still very nice guys
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:04 am

oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:37 am

There is a Lot to digest there. 

So, George Lynch's daughter was in a relationship with two members of AILD, And, he's talking about TL?  scratch    Razz

I wish EVERYBODY well, Christian, non-Christian.....I am going to pray for his ex wife and kids.  I pray they have the peace that passes understanding....

Thank you for the update OSD.
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:29 pm

He's a murderer and I hope the Christian scene is wise enough not to give this phony any more money.  But look at how well televangelists do so I know I'm asking too much.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:24 am

Wow, I dont know if all George Lynch is saying is true, just have to wait till more info comes out but apparently hes engaged to who he was dating before his arrest as well

http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/update_as_i_lay_dying_frontman_tim_lambesis_freed_from_prison_apparently_ge
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:38 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:He's a murderer and I hope the Christian scene is wise enough not to give this phony any more money.  But look at how well televangelists do so I know I'm asking too much.

Let's be honest here. Who is going to give this guy any more money? Those who listen to Christian music who are aware of what went on will think twice before supporting any future project he may create.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:46 pm

Well, if he writes a book, people will probably buy that at least. If he truly repents, then people may buy his albums. Never under estimate the public. I mean we just got off of an election with quite possibly the two worst candidates, and it was a close one (not wanting to start a political debate, just using it as a recent example.)

What I find interesting that hasn't been mentioned, is that Michael Sweet was there during the interview. I wonder how much of a positive influence Michael has had on George with their recording. When I say that, I don't mean to stir up any debate on Michael and his witness. I believe that he has some positive influence, just wondering how much it has helped George to get a better understanding on the faith, as he seemed very negative to Tim, and maybe justifiably so.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:45 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:He's a murderer and I hope the Christian scene is wise enough not to give this phony any more money.  But look at how well televangelists do so I know I'm asking too much.
No, he's not a murderer.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:42 pm

deathisgain wrote:Well, if he writes a book, people will probably buy that at least. If he truly repents, then people may buy his albums. Never under estimate the public. I mean we just got off of an election with quite possibly the two worst candidates, and it was a close one (not wanting to start a political debate, just using it as a recent example.)

What I find interesting that hasn't been mentioned, is that Michael Sweet was there during the interview. I wonder how much of a positive influence Michael has had on George with their recording. When I say that, I don't mean to stir up any debate on Michael and his witness. I believe that he has some positive influence, just wondering how much it has helped George to get a better understanding on the faith, as he seemed very negative to Tim, and maybe justifiably so.
What are you talking about? Tim murdered George Michael? I thought it was AIDS not AILD.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtreads Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:11 pm

Not to defend Tims actions but anyone can see that if you take a stand as a christian, actively taking ground from Satan in a very public way, Satan is going to spend a lot of extra effort to try and bring you to ruin. Anyone who thinks it couldn't happen to them is naive. Everyone has weakness and Satan will exploit it. Those that stand for Christ publicly need all the support we can give. Not saying we shouldn't use our brains and and go forward with our eyes open but remember this is war, please don't stab the wounded.
bigtreads
bigtreads
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:46 am

Tim had always been one of my heroes, so I hope what I have heard from others in the community about him giving his life back to Christ are true

Im eager to hear more news and see when and what he releases first after all this
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:55 am

Not saying that someone can't recover from the depths he put himself into (if there's any way out, then it's Jesus Christ), but let's be honest here. Tim L. has a lot to prove to us christians about his sincerity. Simply saying "yeah I'm christian again" and releasing new music with christian lyrics isn't enough as far as I'm concerned. Christian(ish) lyrics can be written by anyone, and anyone can say he's a christian.
He needs to build up trust again, and that will take time. And on the other hand, we should give him this time.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:48 pm

Andreas89 wrote:Tim L. has a lot to prove to us christians about his sincerity. Simply saying "yeah I'm christian again" and releasing new music with christian lyrics isn't enough as far as I'm concerned.

Yes Tim made an unusually huge mistake for a Christian metal artist, but I don't think its fair to weigh art and heart together as a spectator.  

Myself, years ago, I was a raging alcoholic.  Ended up in jail about 8-9 different times, and I have a (violent) felony on my record (back in 2005).  I wouldn't think it was fair at all if someone threw that in my face today in regards to my Christian music, especially since I've changed, especially since someone not knowing that about my past would still retain the full intention of the Christian music and lyrics I do now.  The same works with Tim.

I know there's a time difference here, with my shenanigans being from over 10 years ago and Tim's was 4 years ago, but that still shouldn't weigh with the presentation of art and message.  If we're going to hold personal sins against musicians, then we better start digging and weighing everybody for what sins they do in their lives, and we might as well establish a timeline of "X years passed" being acceptable and "Y years passed" being unacceptable.

We all sin, and no listener of music judges the sins of a musician.  Its unfair, its biased and its unrelated to hold a Christian project accountable for something a member did that's unrelated to said project.  Now if Tim's lyrics, past or present, promoted the idea of hitmen or attempted murder, and my lyrics promoted being drunk and shoving down people while trying to leave the hospital during medical treatment, THEN there's room to talk.

Otherwise, like bigtreads said, we're stabbing our already wounded brothers in a war against evil.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:08 pm

Another way of looking at it might be, what if this had happened BEFORE he became a Christian? People would probably be more sympathetic, because he has changed his ways.

The hard part that it boils down to now is, if he puts out a "Christian" album, is he sincere? That part would be hard for us to answer, as we do not know his heart. He could be duping people (again), or he could have truly repented and is on the straight and narrow.
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:11 pm

deathisgain wrote:
The hard part that it boils down to now is, if he puts out a "Christian" album, is he sincere? That part would be hard for us to answer, as we do not know his heart. He could be duping people (again), or he could have truly repented and is on the straight and narrow.

If you give his music a chance, you get enjoyment from it and something productive from the message, it shouldn't honestly matter to you if he's sincere or not. Intention does not dictate interpretation. ...at least it shouldn't.

ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:13 pm

^I don't necessarily disagree... though I think Robert may have said that in the context of what he and Bjorn wrote earlier about choosing to [financially] support someone or not based on one's morals/values.  I really like the taste of Ben And Jerry's ice cream but due to their overt liberal political agenda, I choose not to buy their products.  I think it's a similar deal here (though correct me if I'm wrong Robert).

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:51 pm

Kerrick wrote:^I don't necessarily disagree... though I think Robert may have said that in the context of what he and Bjorn wrote earlier about choosing to [financially] support someone or not based on one's morals/values.  I really like the taste of Ben And Jerry's ice cream but due to their overt liberal political agenda, I choose not to buy their products.  I think it's a similar deal here (though correct me if I'm wrong Robert).

This is correct.
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by exact33 Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:39 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
Andreas89 wrote:Tim L. has a lot to prove to us christians about his sincerity. Simply saying "yeah I'm christian again" and releasing new music with christian lyrics isn't enough as far as I'm concerned.

Yes Tim made an unusually huge mistake for a Christian metal artist, but I don't think its fair to weigh art and heart together as a spectator.  

Myself, years ago, I was a raging alcoholic.  Ended up in jail about 8-9 different times, and I have a (violent) felony on my record (back in 2005).  I wouldn't think it was fair at all if someone threw that in my face today in regards to my Christian music, especially since I've changed, especially since someone not knowing that about my past would still retain the full intention of the Christian music and lyrics I do now.  The same works with Tim.

I know there's a time difference here, with my shenanigans being from over 10 years ago and Tim's was 4 years ago, but that still shouldn't weigh with the presentation of art and message.  If we're going to hold personal sins against musicians, then we better start digging and weighing everybody for what sins they do in their lives, and we might as well establish a timeline of "X years passed" being acceptable and "Y years passed" being unacceptable.

We all sin, and no listener of music judges the sins of a musician.  Its unfair, its biased and its unrelated to hold a Christian project accountable for something a member did that's unrelated to said project.  Now if Tim's lyrics, past or present, promoted the idea of hitmen or attempted murder, and my lyrics promoted being drunk and shoving down people while trying to leave the hospital during medical treatment, THEN there's room to talk.

Otherwise, like bigtreads said, we're stabbing our already wounded brothers in a war against evil.

cheers

I am grateful that God in His mercy does not treat me the way I deserve. I respect the above post a ton for the honesty and have lost a job because of poor choices as well. I am glad God wants the best for me because if one mistake did me in my family would be in a world of hurt.

I dont care a lot for AiLD musically, either now or before, but I dont begrude him a chance to earn a living if he is sincere about doing so.
exact33
exact33
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next