The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Satan....the latest anti-hero !

+4
alldatndensum
Peter who was Vaak
ThomasEversole
sentient 6
8 posters

Go down

Satan....the latest anti-hero ! Empty Satan....the latest anti-hero !

Post by sentient 6 Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:53 pm

.....now theres a certain Rolling Stones songs that coming to mind for some reason.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Satan....the latest anti-hero ! Empty Re: Satan....the latest anti-hero !

Post by ThomasEversole Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:16 pm

I saw a trailer for this on Hulu.
The whole series just seems like a lot of cheese.

...and not good cheese.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:17 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:I saw a trailer for this on Hulu.

...and not good cheese.

Indeed.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:28 pm

It's based off a comic. It won't gi anywhere. If Constantine got canceled, this will.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:22 am

I think I will stick to Gotham and Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:42 pm

It's based off a comic. It won't gi anywhere. If Constantine got canceled, this will.

Constantine the show was kinda cheesy but this looks more along the lines of the 90s show charmed..a show I really like..I think I will give this show a shot ...

.....now theres a certain Rolling Stones songs that coming to mind for some reason.
a great song...  Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:51 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I think I will stick to Gotham and Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Not to get off-topic, but you should also check out The Flash and Supergirl if you like those shows.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:15 am

The word Satan and Hero should never be in the same sentence heh

I liked Constantine the movie but not the TV show

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:38 pm

So I just watched this show..not bad..in fact it was pretty good and I think it will last for awhile..i will be checking it out this season...

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:44 am

ThomasEversole wrote:I saw a trailer for this on Hulu.

...and not good cheese.
Yeah, I got to about a minute 1/2 of it and had to stop for the same reasons.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:46 am

sentient 6 wrote: Satan....the latest anti-hero !

This idea isn't new. Gnosticism and high level masonry reveal the same.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:37 pm

I didn't realize it started this week.  I plan to give it a shot--I liked the actor playing Lucifer in his last show.  Fox's crime shows tend to be really good and creative for a genre that is oversaturated or really mediocre and boring.

I think with the show Constantine, NBC was trying to replicate the success of Grimm with a character that just wasn't likable.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:59 pm

Fox's crime shows tend to be really good and creative for a genre that is oversaturated or really mediocre and boring.

yeah, the show is very well put together and is fantasy based...they use alot of the folklore about the devil that alot of people think is truth Cool ..like the devil comes from hell when the devil isn't in hell and hasn't been there yet to begin with but they do get it right that he tempts people..he doesn't force people...
I think you could pick up the show  where it is..the trailer pretty much explains what happened in episode 1...

here is what Jews believe...
http://www.jewishanswers.org/ask-the-rabbi-2566/the-jewish-view-of-satan/?p=2566

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:57 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:
http://www.jewishanswers.org/ask-the-rabbi-2566/the-jewish-view-of-satan/?p=2566
Interesting. I wonder how reliable that source is to know what Jews believe because it does a poor job of know what Christians believe.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:27 pm

I wonder how reliable that source is to know what Jews believe because it does a poor job of know what Christians believe.
its a very reliable source..it is a Jewish website...and it is exactly what any book on Judaism will teach and what they teach at my local synagogue..and what they say Christians believe in the article is exactly what I was taught my whole childhood by the baptist and apostolic churches as well as my parents...it was also taught that way in the Methodist church me and my wife attended as well as the word of faith churches ...the only ones not teaching it that way that I know of are the calvinist..but I never took them seriously anyway Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:30 am

Savage Amusement wrote:
Fox's crime shows tend to be really good and creative for a genre that is oversaturated or really mediocre and boring.

yeah, the show is very well put together and is fantasy based...they use alot of the folklore about the devil that alot of people think is truth Cool ..like the devil comes from hell when the devil isn't in hell and hasn't been there yet to begin with but they do get it right that he tempts people..he doesn't force people...
I think you could pick up the show  where it is..the trailer pretty much explains what happened in episode 1...

Yeah, I watched it on demand.  I may give the next episode a shot, but the pilot didn't really do it for me.  I do like the idea that his "super power" is the ability to get people to reveal their deepest desires, which is a good depiction of Satan as the Tempter.

Oh yeah, that is an interesting article.  I'm not so sure I agree that "Christianity" as a whole teaches those things he says it does, but I certainly know of certain congregations that do.  Not to derail the tv show thread with theology, but I used to be big in the God vs. Satan/angels vs. demons spiritual warfare thing, but as I've gotten older and more mature in my faith, I think our struggle is less with Satan and demons and more with our flesh, the "sin nature."  I think we too often go to the Flip Wilson cop-out  (the Devil made me do it) instead of taking responsibility for our own choices.

Enough.  Time to move on.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:37 pm

I'd rather see a show based off the Marvel comic "The Son of Satan". That one was about Satan's son who used the devil's "powers" that he inherited to actually fight Satan and the forces of darkness. Granted, it was all done on more of a supernatural angle, but it was still an interesting premise that im surprised Marvel hasnt tried to turn into a movie or show.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:32 am

Savage Amusement wrote:
I wonder how reliable that source is to know what Jews believe because it does a poor job of know what Christians believe.
its a very reliable source..it is a Jewish website...and it is exactly what any book on Judaism will teach and what they teach at my local synagogue..and what they say Christians believe in the article is exactly what I was taught my whole childhood by the baptist and apostolic churches as well as my parents...it was also taught that way in the Methodist church me and my wife attended as well as the word of faith churches ...the only ones not teaching it that way that I know of are the calvinist..but I never took them seriously anyway Smile
I saw this video about Star Wars church today and at 2:55 he talks about dualism and give the perspective that I hold to.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:04 pm

I saw this video about Star Wars church today and at 2:55 he talks about dualism and give the perspective that I hold to.
Thanks for posting..yeah, I have heard that idea before..to each his own...have a good day Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:39 pm

I agree that the dualism of God and Satan is unbiblical, but it is one that is practically true for a lot of Christians.  Not just in the whole NWO/Illuminati crowd, but just scroll around the web (including this forum) and see all the instances of people believing Satan will win because Christians don't do something or that God and Satan are battling over the fate of souls.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:48 pm

Ok, so I've given the show another shot and I think it is really enjoyable, despite the whole ridiculousness of the Satan-gets-bored-of-life-in-hell-so-he-moves-to-L.A.-and-solves-crimes premise.  Tom Ellis is everything I would expect Lucifer to be.

But you guys know me and it doesn't take much to get my mind running in some unconventional directions.  So there's this question that has been bouncing around my mind.  I hope it doesn't cross the line, but here it goes.  Theoretically, do you think it is possible for Satan to be redeemed?  Forget for the moment that part in Revelation that describes Satan being thrown into the Lake of Fire.  If you accept that Lucifer was an angel that chose to rebel against God, then you have to also accept that spiritual beings like angels have some degree of free will or agency, so is it possible that Satan could come to some understanding of his sin and change his wicked ways?  Could he become motivated to act for the good of others?
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:10 am

interesting question...if he has free will then anything is possible...on the other other hand what if his job is to be the great tempter who carries out the will of God as the Jews teach..in that case he isn't fallen...

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:24 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:interesting question...if he has free will then anything is possible...on the other other hand what if his job is to be the great tempter who carries out the will of God as the Jews teach..in that case he isn't fallen...

First, I would posit the words of James to speak to your thought about God tempting people with satan.

Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. James 1:13

Its true that Satan as a will just like all sentient creatures do. Satan ( as well as humans ) have desires and want to carry out those desires. Sometimes God interferes with the carrying out of those desires and sometimes He lets His creatures act out those desires. But this is all according Gods plan, purpose and will.

I believe if satan had his way, we wouldn't even be able to leave the safety of our homes.

But as you eluded too in your question this would be more of the Talmudic view of satan vs the Christian view.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:06 pm

The only demon spawned things that can be heros in my book are Spawn and Bowser (He's actually a demon in Japan and not a super dragon turtle like in the US lol).
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down