Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by My Awesome Timothy on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:04 pm

Interesting!

 www.thedailybro.com/news/as-i-lay-dying-vocalist-announces-plans-to-release-new-album-from-prison


Last edited by My Awesome Timothy on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link)
avatar
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 1234
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Kerrick on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:14 pm

^I'm pretty certain that's a satire website...

_________________
music___me wrote:I feel like that flame throwing tank/truck/thing should only be operated while listening to Iron Maiden.

Through The Dark Radio wrote:Yep, he's so mean, he grimaces whenever he isn't listening to DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! Twisted Evil
avatar
Kerrick
Tyrant
Tyrant

Posts : 7298
Join date : 2012-06-26
Age : 30
Location : Santa Cruz, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:16 pm

Didnt' he murder someone? I'm kinda out of the loop I guess.

And how do you record an album in prison? Burzum did the same thing - several albums in fact. I always wondered how they did that though.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Kerrick on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:17 pm

^Almost.  He tried to hire a hitman to murder his wife but the hitman was really an undercover cop...  Whoops.

_________________
music___me wrote:I feel like that flame throwing tank/truck/thing should only be operated while listening to Iron Maiden.

Through The Dark Radio wrote:Yep, he's so mean, he grimaces whenever he isn't listening to DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! Twisted Evil
avatar
Kerrick
Tyrant
Tyrant

Posts : 7298
Join date : 2012-06-26
Age : 30
Location : Santa Cruz, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:26 pm

Kerrick wrote:^Almost.  He tried to hire a hitman to murder his wife but the hitman was really an undercover cop...  Whoops.


That's very crazy. And all the while he was in a Christian band right? Anyway - it's hard not to judge something like that. But perhaps he has repented.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Kerrick on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:29 pm

He came out and said he hasn't been a Christian for some time now, nor has the band been a "Christian band" for a while either...  Neutral

_________________
music___me wrote:I feel like that flame throwing tank/truck/thing should only be operated while listening to Iron Maiden.

Through The Dark Radio wrote:Yep, he's so mean, he grimaces whenever he isn't listening to DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! Twisted Evil
avatar
Kerrick
Tyrant
Tyrant

Posts : 7298
Join date : 2012-06-26
Age : 30
Location : Santa Cruz, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:32 pm

Oh I see. His wife is probably scared for when he gets out. Though I doubt he'd try to kill her again.

Sad.

Anyway - I never was into this band, but from the little I heard I thought they sounded pretty tight.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Hardcore Christian on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:00 pm

Hes actually come back to the faith!!!

Pastor Bob Beeman of metal fame has been in contact with him since this whole thing started.

This was posted right after he plead guilty



That website is a total joke and it annoys me that people still treat him as a joke.
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3633
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Hardcore Christian on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:02 pm

Kerrick wrote:^I'm pretty certain that's a satire website...
Thats for sure

I was actually excited when I saw this Crying or Very sad
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3633
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Tobi Elektrik on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:15 pm

"Recording it through the visitation phone will give it a certain edginess that most modern bands don't have."

Reminds me on Steve Rowe's part in Tourniquet's "Microscopic View..." Laughing
avatar
Tobi Elektrik
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Posts : 456
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Hardcore Christian on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:55 pm

"I don't even want to call it an album... I wanna call it a mixtape. There's something about calling it a prison mixtape that lends it a certain level of credibility."
Lambesis says he will only be hiring fellow convicted felons.

Angry Slap face palm lol!
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3633
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:07 pm

Hardcore, thanks for straightening that out! I watched the Pastor Bob podcast and now it makes more sense.

Tim is just a man ... like anyone else. We all of sinned. Who am I to judge anyone else? Including those who have done things ... that we deem terrible. Sad

God is very forgiving and kind. I think Tim is truly repentant.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by messiaen77 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:24 pm

Tobi Elektrik wrote:"Recording it through the visitation phone will give it a certain edginess that most modern bands don't have."
Cool, sounds like it will be black metal!
avatar
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3255
Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 46
Location : hiding in the bushes

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by ThomasEversole on Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:11 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
Tobi Elektrik wrote:"Recording it through the visitation phone will give it a certain edginess that most modern bands don't have."
Cool, sounds like it will be black metal!

It will only work as black metal if they lay down spare clothes to emulate snow, and curtain rods for swords.
Prison phone recording ist krieg.
avatar
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 1595
Join date : 2013-03-19
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Hardcore Christian on Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:36 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:
Tobi Elektrik wrote:"Recording it through the visitation phone will give it a certain edginess that most modern bands don't have."
Cool, sounds like it will be black metal!

It will only work as black metal if they lay down spare clothes to emulate snow, and curtain rods for swords.  
Prison phone recording ist krieg.
Rolf 1
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3633
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:36 pm

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Christian-Singer-Tim-Lambesis-Admits-He-Was-Atheist-263867071.html


I hate to be the bearer of bad news - but I just found this - and it's a legit website. NBC News.



This is very sad to me. He admits that he was an Atheist all the while - tricking Christians into buying his albums! No wonder why he tried to kill his wife. The guy is an Atheist!



Rolling EyesRolling Eyes



I'm sorry, but I no longer have any respect for this guy. He even tricked Pastor Bob into believing him.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Hardcore Christian on Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:45 pm

Heres when the article was posted: Jun 19, 2014

This is what came out right when it happend

Pastor Bob had talked to him since then thats what Im talking about

The ex members of As I Lay Dying came out offended that they were called Atheists

Anyway have any opinion you want but that was a quick jump to a hostile stance but it all up to how you take the facts
I remember the day it happened so I felt the same way
Things have happend since then
And KaramKaram has even messaged Bob in  the past asking about Tim
but I guess time will tell
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3633
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Hardcore Christian on Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:48 pm

RavenWolf wrote:I hate to be the bearer of bad news - but I just found this - and it's a legit website. NBC News.

This is very sad to me. He admits that he was an Atheist all the while - tricking Christians into buying his albums! No wonder why he tried to kill his wife. The guy is an Atheist!
Also yes many "legit" new sites covered this topic

Notice "was" a atheist at the time is what he said

And he was on steroids when he tried to kill his wife

Here if you want more info here is the big interview he did after everything was calmed down

http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/tim_lambesis_world_exclusive_interview_as_i_lay_dying_singer_breaks_silence

There are 6 pages its the biggest interview hes done so I suggest you read that Very Happy


Last edited by Hardcore Christian on Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3633
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:52 pm

Hardcore, I'll read that later. Didn't mean to jump to conclusions. I was just a bit shocked there for a minute, as you can imagine I would be - having thought that this was more recent than the Pastor Bob pobcast. I was thinking the podcast was older ... and Tim had tricked Pastor Bob.

I stand corrected. Anyway - I'm in a hurry now - but I'll read that article later I promise! Have a good day!

Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Hardcore Christian on Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:01 pm

RavenWolf wrote: I was just a bit shocked there for a minute, as you can imagine I would be
Trust me so was I Very Happy
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3633
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:30 pm

Now it is still possible ... not saying I believe this ... but it's possible.

That he doesn't want to lose future album sales ... and he obviously would - is it continued that he was an Athiest, tricking Christians. Even non-Christians would look down on this behavior.

So just saying ... not that it's true. But it's possible.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Tobi Elektrik on Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:20 pm

RavenWolf wrote:Now it is still possible ... not saying I believe this ... but it's possible.

That he doesn't want to lose future album sales ... and he obviously would - is it continued that he was an Athiest, tricking Christians. Even non-Christians would look down on this behavior.

So just saying ... not that it's true. But it's possible.

Honestly: who really cares about that? Christian kids who want to have CHRISTIAN stars in their scene so they can tell other kids: "look, he's a supercool guy AND a Christian!"? Christian people who buy only things with a Christian label?

Good and inspiring lyrics are good and inspiring lyrics. Bad and lifeless lyrics are bad and lifeless. So in the end it doesn't really matter if the guy who writes them is a believer, a non-believer or a fake-believer. It only matters if the lyrics talk to you or not.

So IF Tim Lambesis would trick anybody he would trick only people who like to buy the wrapping and brand on it (=Tim) and not the content.
avatar
Tobi Elektrik
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Posts : 456
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by KaramKaram on Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:32 pm

RavenWolf don't get me wrong but I will say this: I am glad you aren't God.

You can lose respect for those who have walked away respect, even for those who lied about their faith to all of us, how do you think God feels? Do you think God has lost respect for that type of people too? Is there even a chance for that type of people in God's kingdom? I know there is, as the God I know is mercy and love (of course for those who seek Him)


_________________
avatar
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Posts : 1926
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 37
Location : Somewhere in the Middle Land

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by sentient 6 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:25 pm

..theres hope for Tim..

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes...
avatar
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Posts : 5802
Join date : 2012-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Hardcore Christian on Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:14 pm

sentient 6 wrote:..theres hope for Tim..

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes...
I really do pray that Tim is a true believer once again, and I am very glad his family was protected from what could have happened.


Dont take it that I am standing up for Tim and his actions are justified because if it was any other old guy, we probably would say "hang him anyway" Laughing

But this topic has definitely brought Tim back to my attention to keep him in my prayers, and wish for something great to come out of this.
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3633
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by KaramKaram on Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:25 pm

I am big fan of AILD and this whole situation made me realize how much we all need God's love in our hearts, I pray daily for Tim

_________________
avatar
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Posts : 1926
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 37
Location : Somewhere in the Middle Land

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Candlemass on Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:43 pm

Don't think I've ever heard one track from them...
avatar
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3939
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 54
Location : Cleveland, Oh

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:51 am

This is why I have no problem listening to mostly secular metal. As I Lay Dying isn't the first band to fake their faith, and actually they allege many more that they toured with faked it as well. Id rather support an honest secular band than a secular band that parades as Christians.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Hardcore Christian on Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:37 am

Well for Ravenwolf/Candlemass

here is one of As I Lay Dying's most popular songs
from about 8 years ago

When they were still definitely a Christian band

avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3633
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Blake on Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:40 am

I actually used to have a lot of respect for Tim and would often include "Behind Me Lies Another Fallen Soldier" when I played a worship themed show. I used to respect how it seemed even after gaining mainstream popularity that they were still releasing some songs that seemed to have clear Christian symbolism. "The Sound of Truth", while looking back I suppose it could have been from a anti-Christian point of view. That song at the time struck me as a wake up call to Christians, and how often when we pray we "hear" an answer that comes from our own mind, rather than waiting for God to answer, so as the song says "The truth that sounds right to your ears"

After some of the things he has said, even if AILD releases another album it will take some convincing for me to buy another of their albums. Its not so much about him not being a Christian, it more about his deliberate deception
avatar
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 1142
Join date : 2014-01-13
Age : 32
Location : Owasso, Oklahoma

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Candlemass on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:25 pm

So what's all this about Pastor Bob saying what a "great man of God" he is... Question scratch
avatar
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3939
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 54
Location : Cleveland, Oh

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Hardcore Christian on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:52 pm

Candlemass wrote:So what's all this about Pastor Bob saying what a "great man of God" he is... Question scratch
Everyone has their own opinion on him as you can tell by this thread Laughing

I personally believe he has returned to the faith but on the other side of the coin others dont think the same at all.

Take the articles here and believe what you want of him/them now

Either way they were a very big influence on me personally with albums such as Shadows Are Security and An Ocean Between Us
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3633
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Hardcore Christian on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:53 pm

And I also recently saw the other members in Wovenwar in Walla Walla a month ago and of course I never brought up Tim and AILD but they were still very nice guys
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3633
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by oldschooldoom on Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:04 am

CONFIRMED: AS I LAY DYING Frontman Tim Lambesis Released From Prison
http://www.metalinjection.net/shocking-revelations/as-i-lay-dying-frontman-tim-lambesis-reportedly-released-from-prison
avatar
oldschooldoom
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 2758
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : 'Merica

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by L8T on Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:37 am

There is a Lot to digest there. 

So, George Lynch's daughter was in a relationship with two members of AILD, And, he's talking about TL?  scratch    Razz

I wish EVERYBODY well, Christian, non-Christian.....I am going to pray for his ex wife and kids.  I pray they have the peace that passes understanding....

Thank you for the update OSD.
avatar
L8T
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Posts : 983
Join date : 2012-02-01
Location : In The Palm Of God's Hand

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Temple of Blood on Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:29 pm

He's a murderer and I hope the Christian scene is wise enough not to give this phony any more money.  But look at how well televangelists do so I know I'm asking too much.

Temple of Blood
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Posts : 750
Join date : 2012-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Hardcore Christian on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:24 am

Wow, I dont know if all George Lynch is saying is true, just have to wait till more info comes out but apparently hes engaged to who he was dating before his arrest as well

http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/update_as_i_lay_dying_frontman_tim_lambesis_freed_from_prison_apparently_ge
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3633
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by bjorn agin on Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:38 am

Temple of Blood wrote:He's a murderer and I hope the Christian scene is wise enough not to give this phony any more money.  But look at how well televangelists do so I know I'm asking too much.

Let's be honest here. Who is going to give this guy any more money? Those who listen to Christian music who are aware of what went on will think twice before supporting any future project he may create.
avatar
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 2459
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : Illinois

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by deathisgain on Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:46 pm

Well, if he writes a book, people will probably buy that at least. If he truly repents, then people may buy his albums. Never under estimate the public. I mean we just got off of an election with quite possibly the two worst candidates, and it was a close one (not wanting to start a political debate, just using it as a recent example.)

What I find interesting that hasn't been mentioned, is that Michael Sweet was there during the interview. I wonder how much of a positive influence Michael has had on George with their recording. When I say that, I don't mean to stir up any debate on Michael and his witness. I believe that he has some positive influence, just wondering how much it has helped George to get a better understanding on the faith, as he seemed very negative to Tim, and maybe justifiably so.
avatar
deathisgain
Metal Slacker

Posts : 2128
Join date : 2012-02-01
Age : 47

http://www.deathisgain.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by messiaen77 on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:45 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:He's a murderer and I hope the Christian scene is wise enough not to give this phony any more money.  But look at how well televangelists do so I know I'm asking too much.
No, he's not a murderer.
avatar
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3255
Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 46
Location : hiding in the bushes

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by d@v!d on Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:42 pm

deathisgain wrote:Well, if he writes a book, people will probably buy that at least. If he truly repents, then people may buy his albums. Never under estimate the public. I mean we just got off of an election with quite possibly the two worst candidates, and it was a close one (not wanting to start a political debate, just using it as a recent example.)

What I find interesting that hasn't been mentioned, is that Michael Sweet was there during the interview. I wonder how much of a positive influence Michael has had on George with their recording. When I say that, I don't mean to stir up any debate on Michael and his witness. I believe that he has some positive influence, just wondering how much it has helped George to get a better understanding on the faith, as he seemed very negative to Tim, and maybe justifiably so.
What are you talking about? Tim murdered George Michael? I thought it was AIDS not AILD.
avatar
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3504
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : Visiting

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by bigtreads on Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:11 pm

Not to defend Tims actions but anyone can see that if you take a stand as a christian, actively taking ground from Satan in a very public way, Satan is going to spend a lot of extra effort to try and bring you to ruin. Anyone who thinks it couldn't happen to them is naive. Everyone has weakness and Satan will exploit it. Those that stand for Christ publicly need all the support we can give. Not saying we shouldn't use our brains and and go forward with our eyes open but remember this is war, please don't stab the wounded.
avatar
bigtreads
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Posts : 189
Join date : 2012-02-08
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Hardcore Christian on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:46 am

Tim had always been one of my heroes, so I hope what I have heard from others in the community about him giving his life back to Christ are true

Im eager to hear more news and see when and what he releases first after all this
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3633
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Andreas89 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:55 am

Not saying that someone can't recover from the depths he put himself into (if there's any way out, then it's Jesus Christ), but let's be honest here. Tim L. has a lot to prove to us christians about his sincerity. Simply saying "yeah I'm christian again" and releasing new music with christian lyrics isn't enough as far as I'm concerned. Christian(ish) lyrics can be written by anyone, and anyone can say he's a christian.
He needs to build up trust again, and that will take time. And on the other hand, we should give him this time.
avatar
Andreas89
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Posts : 600
Join date : 2016-03-09
Age : 27
Location : Potsdam, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by ThomasEversole on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:48 pm

Andreas89 wrote:Tim L. has a lot to prove to us christians about his sincerity. Simply saying "yeah I'm christian again" and releasing new music with christian lyrics isn't enough as far as I'm concerned.

Yes Tim made an unusually huge mistake for a Christian metal artist, but I don't think its fair to weigh art and heart together as a spectator.  

Myself, years ago, I was a raging alcoholic.  Ended up in jail about 8-9 different times, and I have a (violent) felony on my record (back in 2005).  I wouldn't think it was fair at all if someone threw that in my face today in regards to my Christian music, especially since I've changed, especially since someone not knowing that about my past would still retain the full intention of the Christian music and lyrics I do now.  The same works with Tim.

I know there's a time difference here, with my shenanigans being from over 10 years ago and Tim's was 4 years ago, but that still shouldn't weigh with the presentation of art and message.  If we're going to hold personal sins against musicians, then we better start digging and weighing everybody for what sins they do in their lives, and we might as well establish a timeline of "X years passed" being acceptable and "Y years passed" being unacceptable.

We all sin, and no listener of music judges the sins of a musician.  Its unfair, its biased and its unrelated to hold a Christian project accountable for something a member did that's unrelated to said project.  Now if Tim's lyrics, past or present, promoted the idea of hitmen or attempted murder, and my lyrics promoted being drunk and shoving down people while trying to leave the hospital during medical treatment, THEN there's room to talk.

Otherwise, like bigtreads said, we're stabbing our already wounded brothers in a war against evil.
avatar
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 1595
Join date : 2013-03-19
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by deathisgain on Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:08 pm

Another way of looking at it might be, what if this had happened BEFORE he became a Christian? People would probably be more sympathetic, because he has changed his ways.

The hard part that it boils down to now is, if he puts out a "Christian" album, is he sincere? That part would be hard for us to answer, as we do not know his heart. He could be duping people (again), or he could have truly repented and is on the straight and narrow.
avatar
deathisgain
Metal Slacker

Posts : 2128
Join date : 2012-02-01
Age : 47

http://www.deathisgain.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by ThomasEversole on Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:11 pm

deathisgain wrote:
The hard part that it boils down to now is, if he puts out a "Christian" album, is he sincere? That part would be hard for us to answer, as we do not know his heart. He could be duping people (again), or he could have truly repented and is on the straight and narrow.

If you give his music a chance, you get enjoyment from it and something productive from the message, it shouldn't honestly matter to you if he's sincere or not. Intention does not dictate interpretation. ...at least it shouldn't.

avatar
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 1595
Join date : 2013-03-19
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Kerrick on Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:13 pm

^I don't necessarily disagree... though I think Robert may have said that in the context of what he and Bjorn wrote earlier about choosing to [financially] support someone or not based on one's morals/values.  I really like the taste of Ben And Jerry's ice cream but due to their overt liberal political agenda, I choose not to buy their products.  I think it's a similar deal here (though correct me if I'm wrong Robert).

_________________
music___me wrote:I feel like that flame throwing tank/truck/thing should only be operated while listening to Iron Maiden.

Through The Dark Radio wrote:Yep, he's so mean, he grimaces whenever he isn't listening to DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! Twisted Evil
avatar
Kerrick
Tyrant
Tyrant

Posts : 7298
Join date : 2012-06-26
Age : 30
Location : Santa Cruz, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by deathisgain on Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:51 pm

Kerrick wrote:^I don't necessarily disagree... though I think Robert may have said that in the context of what he and Bjorn wrote earlier about choosing to [financially] support someone or not based on one's morals/values.  I really like the taste of Ben And Jerry's ice cream but due to their overt liberal political agenda, I choose not to buy their products.  I think it's a similar deal here (though correct me if I'm wrong Robert).

This is correct.
avatar
deathisgain
Metal Slacker

Posts : 2128
Join date : 2012-02-01
Age : 47

http://www.deathisgain.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by exact33 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:39 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
Andreas89 wrote:Tim L. has a lot to prove to us christians about his sincerity. Simply saying "yeah I'm christian again" and releasing new music with christian lyrics isn't enough as far as I'm concerned.

Yes Tim made an unusually huge mistake for a Christian metal artist, but I don't think its fair to weigh art and heart together as a spectator.  

Myself, years ago, I was a raging alcoholic.  Ended up in jail about 8-9 different times, and I have a (violent) felony on my record (back in 2005).  I wouldn't think it was fair at all if someone threw that in my face today in regards to my Christian music, especially since I've changed, especially since someone not knowing that about my past would still retain the full intention of the Christian music and lyrics I do now.  The same works with Tim.

I know there's a time difference here, with my shenanigans being from over 10 years ago and Tim's was 4 years ago, but that still shouldn't weigh with the presentation of art and message.  If we're going to hold personal sins against musicians, then we better start digging and weighing everybody for what sins they do in their lives, and we might as well establish a timeline of "X years passed" being acceptable and "Y years passed" being unacceptable.

We all sin, and no listener of music judges the sins of a musician.  Its unfair, its biased and its unrelated to hold a Christian project accountable for something a member did that's unrelated to said project.  Now if Tim's lyrics, past or present, promoted the idea of hitmen or attempted murder, and my lyrics promoted being drunk and shoving down people while trying to leave the hospital during medical treatment, THEN there's room to talk.

Otherwise, like bigtreads said, we're stabbing our already wounded brothers in a war against evil.


cheers

I am grateful that God in His mercy does not treat me the way I deserve. I respect the above post a ton for the honesty and have lost a job because of poor choices as well. I am glad God wants the best for me because if one mistake did me in my family would be in a world of hurt.

I dont care a lot for AiLD musically, either now or before, but I dont begrude him a chance to earn a living if he is sincere about doing so.
avatar
exact33
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Posts : 576
Join date : 2012-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Tim Lambesis ~ Latest News

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum