The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pope talk'n war and weapons

+3
Parched Earth
Peter who was Vaak
sentient 6
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Pope talk'n war and weapons - Page 2 Empty Re: The Pope talk'n war and weapons

Post by Parched Earth Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:24 pm

Last edited by Parched Earth on Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix link)
Parched Earth
Parched Earth
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

The Pope talk'n war and weapons - Page 2 Empty Re: The Pope talk'n war and weapons

Post by d@v!d Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:24 pm

Speaking of the Pope and bombs...
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:23 am

Candlemass wrote:Personally, I couldn't care less about indulgences, they mean absolutely nothing to me.

You might feel differently, once you start paying the temporal punishment for your sins in purgatory. Wink
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:27 am

Candlemass wrote:
No, we're not...

So why does it surprise you that many of Romes dogmas are offensive Protestant Evangelicals ?
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:42 am

..it seems that the Pope is not that clear of a thinker.

"It makes me think of ... people, managers, businessmen who call themselves Christian and they manufacture weapons. That leads to a bit a distrust, doesn't it?"

"The great powers had the pictures of the railway lines that brought the trains to the concentration camps like Auschwitz to kill Jews, Christians, homosexuals, everybody. Why didn't they bomb (the railway lines)?"

How will anyone bomb anything...unless someone " manufactures " the bombs ?

I personally think the world is better served when Christian leaders stick to proclaiming the Gospel instead of this " social " gospel agenda. That, is what changes hearts and minds in regards to stuff like war and violence in the world.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:29 pm

sentient 6 wrote:..it seems that the Pope is not that clear of a thinker.

"It makes me think of ... people, managers, businessmen who call themselves Christian and they manufacture weapons. That leads to a bit a distrust, doesn't it?"

"The great powers had the pictures of the railway lines that brought the trains to the concentration camps like Auschwitz to kill Jews, Christians, homosexuals, everybody. Why didn't they bomb (the railway lines)?"

How will anyone bomb anything...unless someone " manufactures " the bombs ?

I personally think the world is better served when Christian leaders stick to proclaiming the Gospel instead of this " social " gospel agenda. That, is what changes hearts and minds in regards to stuff like war and violence in the world.
There's question I have is if he comes out of the liberation theology movement since he's from Argentina or how being from there has influenced his thinking at least.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:54 pm

d@v!d wrote:
There's question I have is if he comes out of the liberation theology movement since he's from Argentina or how being from there has influenced his thinking at least.

Maybe a little of both ? Plus, I totally believe it also comes from the political aspect of the Popes position where its easier to talk about social and societal ills more than the Gospel.

( did I just say that ? bad sentient....very bad )
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:57 pm

Really, you haven't heard him speak of the Gospel, or is that only because you hear what he says through the media?
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:10 pm

Candlemass wrote:Really, you haven't heard him speak of the Gospel, or is that only because you hear what he says through the media?

Post a public address where he does...and i'll listen to the whole thing. But no, I really only hear about when hes talk'n about war and stuff like global warming....all the social stuff...yes.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:37 pm

Candlemass wrote:Really, you haven't heard him speak of the Gospel, or is that only because you hear what he says through the media?

Speak of the Gospel?

I hear people every day speak "of" the Gospel instead of speaking "THE" Gospel.

Are people who speak "of" the Gospel supposed to be special in some way that I'm not aware of?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2