The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does the Pope get any lamer?

+3
Peter who was Vaak
ThomasEversole
d@v!d
7 posters

Go down

Does the Pope get any lamer? Empty Does the Pope get any lamer?

Post by d@v!d Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:36 am

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/26/world/pope-apologize-gays/

If there's any group he should be apologizing to, it should be the the Christian first, all the martyrs of the reformation era.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Does the Pope get any lamer? Empty Re: Does the Pope get any lamer?

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:31 pm

"Pope Francis said Sunday that Christians owe apologies to gays and others who have been offended or exploited by the church"

...that doesn't sound lame at all.

This thread is destined to do little more than open a "bad CMR" can of worms.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:12 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:"Pope Francis said Sunday that Christians owe apologies to gays and others who have been offended or exploited by the church"

...that doesn't sound lame at all.

This thread is destined to do little more than open a "bad CMR" can of worms.
No, what's lame is putting them first, like I said.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:17 am

As a protestant who, according to some pope, is going to hell, and, further, as a protestant who reads and follows the book translated by William Tyndale, who would be killed with the help of the pope, the book by the way being the Bible, finds it sad that this person who doesn't know God is instead asking for forgiveness from a community that's not on the right side of God rather than God himself.  Sort of makes sense.  
He reminds me of 1 Corinthians 3:18 "Do not deceive yourselves. If any of you think you are wise by the standards of this age, you should become “fools” so that you may become wise."
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:07 am

Peter who was Vaak wrote:As a protestant who, according to some pope, is going to hell, and, further, as a protestant who reads and follows the book translated by William Tyndale, who would be killed with the help of the pope, the book by the way being the Bible, finds it sad that this person who doesn't know God is instead asking for forgiveness from a community that's not on the right side of God rather than God himself.  Sort of makes sense.  
He reminds me of 1 Corinthians 3:18 "Do not deceive yourselves. If any of you think you are wise by the standards of this age, you should become “fools” so that you may become wise."
Bingo!!
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:04 am

Peter who was Vaak wrote:As a protestant who, according to some pope, is going to hell, and, further, as a protestant who reads and follows the book translated by William Tyndale, who would be killed with the help of the pope, the book by the way being the Bible, finds it sad that this person who doesn't know God is instead asking for forgiveness from a community that's not on the right side of God rather than God himself.  Sort of makes sense.  

"...this person who doesn't know God..."  Seriously?  You are really qualified to determine the spiritual standing of other people without bias?  

Just for information, whether or not a person or group of people is "right" or "wrong" has no bearing on whether or not a another person or group of people should seek their forgiveness over the way they have treated that person/group.  It reminds me of this:

"if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift."--Matthew 5:23-4

In the words of Jesus, it doesn't matter who is right or wrong, it is up to the Godly person to seek reconciliation
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:37 am

Peter who was Vaak wrote:this person who doesn't know God 

This is the SECOND time you have brought this theological hubris to bear recently. Should  you see fit to publicly judge/lambast the state of someone else's salvation (I.e "knowledge of God") again, you WILL be taking a vacation.  I AM NOT willing to keep putting out the fires you ignite with this stuff.

DO NOT TEST MY RESOLVE ON THIS.  THE CMR IS NOT THE PLACE FOR THIS BEHAVIOR.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:47 am

Wow. I can't think of anything more arrogant than alluding to the Pope not knowing God. That turns my stomach harder than my surgical incisions.

This thread is trollbait. Needs to be marked with red tape and signs so that others don't go near.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:10 pm

[adm]A warning has already been made by exo, let that warning be good for all other posters here, watch carefully what you guys post or times off will be served[/adm]
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:16 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:Wow. I can't think of anything more arrogant than alluding to the Pope not knowing God. That turns my stomach harder than my surgical incisions.

This thread is trollbait. Needs to be marked with red tape and signs so that others don't go near.
Just because there are some uncomfortable thoughts expressed doesn't make any of this 'trollbait' I have/had absolutely no intention to do such when I posted. I read the news about the pope and posted my disgust in a forum leaving room for others to bring their thoughts and feelings to the table. Just because their are many trolls on the net doesn't mean that every-time someone posts something of controversy that it is an act of trolling. Please take that into consideration if you see me post something that you think is off in the future. Smile
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:30 pm

messiaen77 wrote:

"...this person who doesn't know God..."  Seriously?  You are really qualified to determine the spiritual standing of other people without bias? 
Honestly, if I had to make a bet on that one too...

But, yeah, I'll leave that judgment to the only righteous Judge.

What I will judge is the man's actions like put the feelings of a group of reprobates first over the protestant martyrs.

Just for information, whether or not a person or group of people is "right" or "wrong" has no bearing on whether or not a another person or group of people should seek their forgiveness over the way they have treated that person/group.  It reminds me of this:

"if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift."--Matthew 5:23-4

In the words of Jesus, it doesn't matter who is right or wrong, it is up to the Godly person to seek reconciliation
I agree, Christians should never put another's status as an unrepentant sinner as an excuse not to apologize if they did that person wrong.

This leads to another issue I have with the pope's decree. There needs to be particular offenses apologized for by the particular offenders. As a Christian I've never been the member of a church that had as a doctrinal statement the open persecution of homosexuals. I, as a Christian, have nothing to apologize for. Before I was a Christian, I wasn't nice, to put it kindly. I've apologized to everyone that I've offended in my past already.

Another thing that gets me is that the pope talks about the homosexual community as if it were some kind of ecclesiastical body. sure they have community, but there is nothing God sanctioned about them.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:43 pm

To be honest, I don't put much thought to what the Pope says.  Jesus is my Savior, Lord, high priest, mediator, and friend.  Only His opinion really counts.  We don't follow men; we follow Jesus.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:51 pm

d@v!d wrote:
Just because there are some uncomfortable thoughts expressed doesn't make any of this 'trollbait' I have/had absolutely no intention to do such when I posted.

I'm not calling this trollbait because of any thought expressed - the trollbait is in the presentation. I'm noting the title of this thread isn't "Concerns with the pope's decree.", but instead involving adolescent namecalling.

"Does the Pope get any lamer?"
Really? That's how you start this discussion?
No wonder someone ranted that they know for a fact the pope isn't saved.

When you take what alldat said and add a little "if it doesn't apply, let it fly", I don't think its worth getting heated to the point of insulting the Pope (he's "lame") because he apologized to gays before he apologized to someone else.

...unless that apology involves you for some reason???...
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:39 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
d@v!d wrote:
Just because there are some uncomfortable thoughts expressed doesn't make any of this 'trollbait' I have/had absolutely no intention to do such when I posted.

I'm not calling this trollbait because of any thought expressed - the trollbait is in the presentation.  I'm noting the title of this thread isn't "Concerns with the pope's decree.", but instead involving adolescent namecalling.

"Does the Pope get any lamer?"
Really?  That's how you start this discussion?
No wonder someone ranted that they know for a fact the pope isn't saved.

When you take what alldat said and add a little "if it doesn't apply, let it fly", I don't think its worth getting heated to the point of insulting the Pope (he's "lame") because he apologized to gays before he apologized to someone else.

...unless that apology involves you for some reason???...
Probably wasn't worth getting heated up, but that was then. I had my thoughts and feeling in the moment. Although thinking about it again I still think it's lame. Thanks for clarifying.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:44 pm

messiaen77 wrote:"...this person who doesn't know God..."  Seriously?  You are really qualified to determine the spiritual standing of other people without bias? 
Just a thought/question. If Peter had been talking about the late Christopher Hitchens and said the same "this person who doesn't know God," would you question his qualifications? What difference is there then to say the same when someone, (I'm not saying the pope here, lets leave it general) anyone claims to be a Christian but consistently talks and acts contrary to the faith, the things of God and such?
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:05 pm

d@v!d wrote:
messiaen77 wrote:"...this person who doesn't know God..."  Seriously?  You are really qualified to determine the spiritual standing of other people without bias? 
Just a thought/question. If Peter had been talking about the late Christopher Hitchens and said the same "this person who doesn't know God," would you question his qualifications? What difference is there then to say the same when someone, (I'm not saying the pope here, lets leave it general) anyone claims to be a Christian but consistently talks and acts contrary to the faith, the things of God and such?

Invalid comparison.  Hitchens was a known and prideful atheist, not a person professing belief.

On that note, I'm zipping this up.  While your query has less spite to it than what I fired off on, I would think the overall intent of my warning shot could be guessed by pretty much anyone reading the thread.  Folks always gotta tip toe right on up to that line in the sand, I guess.......

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down