The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to make (or buy) Posters of album covers.

3 posters

Go down

How to make (or buy) Posters of album covers. Empty How to make (or buy) Posters of album covers.

Post by Ariel,seekeroftruth Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:11 am

I really want to get some album covers blown up as posters to put on my walls. And I was wondering if anyone knows an affordable way to do this. Size isn't a big deal (as long as it's a reasonable size). Any help would be great.

P.S.
Not sure if this is where this post should be. I thought this was as good a place as any!
Ariel,seekeroftruth
Ariel,seekeroftruth
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

How to make (or buy) Posters of album covers. Empty Re: How to make (or buy) Posters of album covers.

Post by rideronawhitehorse Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:27 am

Staples can print 11x17 but they make a square cd cover look stretched so if you have any image software you could center the cd art and blow up a logo on top or something similar. I just made some for my band this way and they turned out descent for the $1 cost. If you go to thier website you can upload your art and choose glossy specialty paper.

rideronawhitehorse
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

How to make (or buy) Posters of album covers. Empty Re: How to make (or buy) Posters of album covers.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:32 am

if the image is copyrighted I don't think you can legally make copies of it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Through The Dark Radio Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:59 am

unworthy wrote:if the image is copyrighted I don't think you can legally make copies of it...

Yep. You'd have to get permission to print them.
Through The Dark Radio
Through The Dark Radio
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:32 am

I would look online for some posters for sale... personally. much easier and cheaper than trying to print them yourself.

not to mention you don't have to worry about the copyright issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariel,seekeroftruth Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:26 am

unworthy wrote:if the image is copyrighted I don't think you can legally make copies of it...

Since I own a copy of the album I would be making a poster out of, wouldn't it be under fair use? I'm not going to sell it.
Ariel,seekeroftruth
Ariel,seekeroftruth
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariel,seekeroftruth Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:27 am

unworthy wrote:I would look online for some posters for sale... personally. much easier and cheaper than trying to print them yourself.

not to mention you don't have to worry about the copyright issue.

The problem is the poster I want doesn't exist.....
Ariel,seekeroftruth
Ariel,seekeroftruth
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:30 am

owning a copy of a copyrighted picture doesn't give you license to make a copy. Unless you print it out at home or find someone willing to break the law I don't think you'll be able to do it. Printing services are very strict about that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Through The Dark Radio Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:28 pm

You'd need permission from the photgrapher/graphic artist who did the cover, which isn't entirely impossible. If you were able to contact them and inform them what you're wanting to do, they may be accommodating.
Through The Dark Radio
Through The Dark Radio
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down