The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did Sammy Hagar ever make a bad album?

+5
MikeInFla
Constantine
Staybrite
Black Rider
alldatndensum
9 posters

Go down

Did Sammy Hagar ever make a bad album? Empty Did Sammy Hagar ever make a bad album?

Post by alldatndensum Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:34 pm

I have been listening to Sammy's projects this week.  I must say that he doesn't seem to have any bad albums.  There were a couple of weaker tracks, but overall his catalog is solid all the way through.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Did Sammy Hagar ever make a bad album? Empty Re: Did Sammy Hagar ever make a bad album?

Post by Black Rider Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:19 am

His solo albums up to Standing Hampton were ok, not bad but kind of meh overall. But yeah, he has been very consistent.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Did Sammy Hagar ever make a bad album? Empty Re: Did Sammy Hagar ever make a bad album?

Post by Staybrite Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:02 pm

I'm a huge fan of the Standing Hampton album, but I had a hard time getting into the 3 Lock Box album (ended up trading it).  After that I just kinda quit following him other than the singles I would hear on the radio.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:08 pm

He's had some good songs over the years.  I especially like "Heavy Metal," "I Can't Drive 55," and "Your Love Is Driving Me Crazy," "There's Only One Way To Rock," and "I'll Fall In Love Again."

I saw him a few times early in his solo career when he opened up for many different bands, like Boston or Aerosmith.  Same with Derringer.  In concert, Hagar always wore this flashy red jump suit. 🟥
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:48 pm

I have a few but all I really need is the "red" complication album. Has all the hits and a few Montrose tunes. I love that album because it covers the well known songs.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:10 am

The only thing he has done that I can't get into is his work with Chickenfoot.  All of his solo stuff has been great.

One thing with Sammy is that he doesn't really seem to be trying to "be metal".  Oh, he is a rocker, but he likes doing ballads that don't always fit the rock sound or image.  He likes to throw in slide guitar where it normally wouldn't go.  He does rock and there are metal tracks, too.  I just don't think he cares which side of the line his songs would be classified.  Ted Nugent was also this way.  Just write the song, have fun with it, and if people like it then that's cool.  If not, they will find something to love.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:08 am

I find his Chickenfoot stuff to be great, love those vocal harmonies with Michael, reminds me of that VH sound.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:03 pm

Black Rider wrote:I find his Chickenfoot stuff to be great, love those vocal harmonies with Michael, reminds me of that VH sound.

I didn't even want to bring up Sammy's work with VH as fans are so divided per that era.  I thought they worked together we'll ad made some great music together.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:04 pm

I have loved everything Sammy since 1973 when I first discovered Montrose
Did Sammy Hagar ever make a bad album? ArUazvt
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:45 pm

Only thing I didnt care for was the Red Voodoo album. Only two "rock" songs that werent all that great, and the rest were all ballads and blues. Ten 13 was a worthy comeback though.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:31 pm

I found Chickenfoot to be shockingly great.  Some of the best rock music of the last 20 years, easily.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:54 pm

CF was fairly popular but I was surprised how many panned them.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:44 pm

Love Sammy from Montrose till now.

Standing Hamptons is my fav LP, but this is my fav song of his.

L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:17 pm

Reviving this thread to ask if anyone has listened to Sammy with his band The Circle? Can't go wrong with Anthony and Bonham as your rhythm section and Vic Johnson is great on guitar. Really loving this.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:48 am

Black Rider wrote:Reviving this thread to ask if anyone has listened to Sammy with his band The Circle? Can't go wrong with Anthony and Bonham as your rhythm section and Vic Johnson is great on guitar. Really loving this.

Only live footage. Haven't heard the album.

Have been listening to a lot of CF this weekend.

Hagar still sounds awesome in his 60s. He and Glenn Hughes just consistently deliver.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:53 pm

I wish CF was still going, love them.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down