The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sammy stuff is finally being re-mastered (aka Red Halen aka Van Hagar aka Van Halen)

4 posters

Go down

The Sammy stuff is finally being re-mastered (aka Red Halen aka Van Hagar aka Van Halen) Empty The Sammy stuff is finally being re-mastered (aka Red Halen aka Van Hagar aka Van Halen)

Post by Superjuice Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:00 pm

Will be released on 10/6:

Personally, I looked forward to OU812 getting a makeover.  It's the worst production of all the VH albums.  Ed's guitar sounds tiny and hidden, Alex sounds like he's playing in a garage across the street, and Mike's bass is invisible.  Other than that, it sounds good...  Sam's vocals are fine and so are the keyboards, so it's good for radio airplay in the late 80's.  

The rockers on OU812 will have new life breathed into the them: "A.F.U.", "Love is the Source," and "Sucka in a 3 Piece" would be as revered as "Hang 'em High" or "Bottom's Up" with a more prominent guitar.  I've been waiting for this for decades.

Last edited by Superjuice on Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Staybrite, _wes, Pethead, TZ75 and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

The Sammy stuff is finally being re-mastered (aka Red Halen aka Van Hagar aka Van Halen) Empty Re: The Sammy stuff is finally being re-mastered (aka Red Halen aka Van Hagar aka Van Halen)

Post by Pethead Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:19 pm

Love the Van Hagar stuff, and you’re right about OU812. There are some killer tunes on that album but the production does it no favors. 5150 will always be my favorite, though.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider and alldatndensum like this post

Back to top Go down

The Sammy stuff is finally being re-mastered (aka Red Halen aka Van Hagar aka Van Halen) Empty Re: The Sammy stuff is finally being re-mastered (aka Red Halen aka Van Hagar aka Van Halen)

Post by Black Rider Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:19 pm

Over time Balance came to be my favorite of the Hagar years.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:11 am

Will this be for vinyl? I only buy CDs. 

OU812 desperately needs a remaster. And Unlawful Carnal Knowledge would also benefit greatly. I’ve been waiting for years!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down