The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are there enough Phil Keaggy fans to do make Top 3 Album Lists?

+2
L8T
Sevenoneself
6 posters

Go down

Are there enough Phil Keaggy fans to do make Top 3 Album Lists? Empty Are there enough Phil Keaggy fans to do make Top 3 Album Lists?

Post by Sevenoneself Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:03 pm

1) All At Once - great playing, great songs, and great production
2) Play Thru Me - Upbeat, great playing w/ great songs
3) True Believer - Great songs, great leads, sucky drum machine and commercial sound

Honorable Mentions (Because I'm such a big fan):
- Live from Kegworth Studio -hit songs played in his live looping style
- The Master & the Musician - his most iconic album and probably his best instrumental work
- Your Love Broke Thru - some of his most peaceful songs; includes one his iconic jam rock songs, Time
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Are there enough Phil Keaggy fans to do make Top 3 Album Lists? Empty Re: Are there enough Phil Keaggy fans to do make Top 3 Album Lists?

Post by L8T Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:23 pm

1)  "Beyond Nature"  I have listened to pieces and parts of this LP probably about once a week since I got it in 92' or 93'.  I have played this LP out-loud at work for that long also, so, I have listened to this probably as much as any music I own.  

2)  "Blue"  This one just edges out Crimson and Blue  Razz.  I can sing along with the McCartney-like vocals any time.

3)  "Majesty and Wonder"  PK with the London Philharmonic.  Back when I only listened to Christmas music for a couple months a year  Twisted Evil this was Always my first listen of the season.  I also have played it out-loud at work many times.  It's in our CD changer right now  Very Happy.

4)  "Keaggy, King and Dente' "  I know, I'm cheating.  It's a Collab but this probably is my number 4.  PK had such a huge influence on these two guys and his Olson guitar is used by all three of them on many of the tracks.  

"As Warm As Tears" is my Fav instrumental by him.  I have been trying to play it for a long time and it makes me feel good even when I play just the first verse.

I could go on and on, but I'm going to wait for other posts.
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Are there enough Phil Keaggy fans to do make Top 3 Album Lists? Empty Re: Are there enough Phil Keaggy fans to do make Top 3 Album Lists?

Post by crucifyd Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:26 pm

I have no idea, anything Phil is good but I like his instrumental records the best. so I'll say anything instrumental.

the real reason I'm posting is to mention Revelator. I like the whole record overall but the insanely awesome 12 minute jam with Sferra sends it over the top for me...

if I remember right that whole thing is totally improv and maybe even one take...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:50 pm

True Believers-  Very upbeat and has one of my favorite hymns with Be Thou My Vision.

Phil Keaggy and Sundays Child. Personal story but back when my Dad left my Mom I listened to this a lot . Now it's like comfort food.

Crimson and Blue - Because it's awesome.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:55 pm

I like songs of his, but I haven’t heard many of his albums. Some of his stuff is quite hard to find.

I really like the songs Just a Moment away, Full Circle, Morning Light, Son of Man, and True Believers.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:59 pm

However, I just checked and the three I’ve been trying to find (Town to Town, Ph’lip Side, Play thru Me) have been recently remastered and are available on Spotify. Gonna check those bad boys out.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:45 pm

Black Rider wrote:True Believers-  Very upbeat and has one of my favorite hymns with Be Thou My Vision.

Phil Keaggy and Sundays Child. Personal story but back when my Dad left my Mom I listened to this a lot . Now it's like comfort food.

Crimson and Blue - Because it's awesome.

This is my list exactly.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down