The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

King James releases new music video for "Prisoner"

+8
Soldier777
deathisgain
eatbugs
Follower of Jesus
Candlemass
alldatndensum
bjorn agin
Staybrite
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

King James releases new music video for "Prisoner" - Page 2 Empty Re: King James releases new music video for "Prisoner"

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2015 8:21 pm

Soldier777 wrote:As far as the video, they could of did the first video on an original song like Waiting for the King or even Just As I Am which is a most excellent hymn. The video itself has some things that I didn't like. I like performance videos but the running theme could of been presented. They could of shot the video in a prison with a bloodied cross and garment in the back drop. I find that recent videos like Stryper's No More Hell to Pay and Sympathy and Impellitteri's Wicked Maiden, Last of a Dying Breed, Wicked Maiden and Empire of Lies are performance videos with no images relating to the themes.They are all about look how good how I can play. Also, the facial expressions of Rex and Carroll kind of bothers me. Jimmi was putting too much into the video when he could of laid back and just perform. For me the highlight was watching Mike play drums but I would of liked to see a bigger kit.
I can't see eye to eye with you. If you put a theme on your video clip, you have to spend lots of money with the schenario, people to assemble it and maybe hire a few actors, How much would it cost? And how would the acceptance of it be? Many people would state it as chessy or something worse.

I guess that what works better nowadays is to record the band play as if they were playing live. That is what Impellitteri in their last video clips, as well as Bloodgood, Saint Hell Blade videos and also Stryper's Simpathy video. I just couldn't get into the No More Hell to Pay video due to the drums that lacked in that video. Anyway, by these means bands can  make it cheaper and is more straight forward.

Back to top Go down

King James releases new music video for "Prisoner" - Page 2 Empty Re: King James releases new music video for "Prisoner"

Post by Pershing1134 Sun May 17, 2015 10:01 pm

I vote for new music!
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by grandeped Sun May 17, 2015 10:30 pm

I like the original version of "Prisoner" more as well. The re-make is good and has some decent punch and passion, but not to the level of the original.

The video on the other hand... that was just painful to watch for me. Some bands just don't have the presence to be in a video. They may have great music, but should not make videos centered around them acting like they are playing music live. Just shoot it live like so many other bands without video presence do.

grandeped
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu May 28, 2015 12:24 pm

Now they released "Waiting for the King"

deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2015 12:37 pm

deathisgain wrote:Now they released "Waiting for the King"

Metal 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2015 12:51 pm

deathisgain wrote:Now they released "Waiting for the King"

I told ya, didn't I?

I will watch it later at home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2015 9:00 pm

Well, this video has a few good moments and it was well done, even thoughI am not sure if I enjoyed the effects. That is why I said above i prefer just to see the band playing in a studio or in a stage.

But this video was very well succeeded in showing how great this song is. Amazing song, great vocal work and great leads on the guitar.

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Fri May 29, 2015 9:01 am

alldatndensum wrote:

So this is better?

In my opinion, yes.  Robert is playing the drums during the choruses to really let the rhythm guitar and vocals create the big hook.  The drums give the song a nice driving feel that it needs.  In the newer version, Feighan does this newer, almost alternative skipping beat that sounds like he doesn't know the song very well at all to me.  It distracts and detracts from the feel of the song.  Instead of strengthening an already strong song, it weakens it horribly.

Alldat is right about this. The drums kill the groove on the remake. Groove is the drummers job and it didn't work here. Everything else sounded good.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:12 pm

I love it Rockin Loud 
Love at first listen. My thanks to NoOne!
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2