The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Mortification Album Pre-Order and Wonrowe Vision NEW ALBUM

+16
messiaen77
zelote
Drawnsword
Fundy
Mephibosheth
My Awesome Timothy
Hardcore Christian
strangerhoncho
Cybergrinder
pathogenics_cloned_twin83
Tobi Elektrik
Airola
Candlemass
Blake
Pirate
hellig
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Final Mortification Album Pre-Order and Wonrowe Vision NEW ALBUM  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Mortification Album Pre-Order and Wonrowe Vision NEW ALBUM

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:11 pm

Candlemass wrote:Yea, but I don't much care for "Anti Demon", so I paid a total of $24 for two new cd's, not bad at all.
Rock on 1
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Final Mortification Album Pre-Order and Wonrowe Vision NEW ALBUM  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Mortification Album Pre-Order and Wonrowe Vision NEW ALBUM

Post by My Awesome Timothy Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:58 pm

'Realm Of The Skelataur' is a great album, not a bad track on it.  Am enjoying it as much as when I bought the self titled album back in 1991.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:23 pm

Markification wrote:'Realm Of The Skelataur' is a great album, not a bad track on it.  Am enjoying it as much as when I bought the self titled album back in 1991.
Thats a big statement cant wait to get mine in a week Very Happy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:32 am

Hardcore Christian wrote:
Markification wrote:lol! 'Realm Of The Skelataur' is a great album, not a bad track on it.  Am enjoying it as much as when I bought the self titled album back in 1991.

It's an honest statement, I really think this album is definately in my top 5 Mort albums..... maybe even top 3!!!  You will NOT be disappointed...... at least I'll be amazed if you are!!!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:54 pm

Markification wrote:
Markification wrote: 'Realm Of The Skelataur' is a great album, not a bad track on it.  Am enjoying it as much as when I bought the self titled album back in 1991.

It's an honest statement, I really think this album is definately in my top 5 Mort albums..... maybe even top 3!!!  You will NOT be disappointed...... at least I'll be amazed if you are!!!
Trust me I wont I am really excited to get this even if I listen to it as much as Scribe, which I can bet I will definitely listen to more than Scribe Razz
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephibosheth Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:20 pm

I'm been really enjoying Realm of the Skelator. It shreds from start to finish. Literally not a weak song on it. I didn't expect this at all as I've been disappointed with the last couple of albums. I have never enjoyed a Mort album this much
Mephibosheth
Mephibosheth
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:39 pm

Mephibosheth wrote:I'm been really enjoying Realm of the Skelator. It shreds from start to finish. Literally not a weak song on it. I didn't expect this at all as I've been disappointed with the last couple of albums. I have never enjoyed a Mort album this much
Welcome to the board

and yes I'm really glad  to hear another positive review
Metal 3
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:07 pm

"Mephibosheth, Bood Covenant!" Metal 3
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:18 pm

Candlemass wrote:"Mephibosheth, Bood Covenant!" Metal 3
Rockin Loud
You are Mephibosheth
David, symbolic of God
You're resisting His throne
The blessing of the blood covenant
Christ died for you, you don't even know
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephibosheth Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:55 pm

Just some more thoughts on the new Mortification album "Realm of the Skelator"

It seems Steve has really worked hard on addressing some of the common complaints that have regularly been made about more recent albums. Things such as weak song structures, repetitive songs, cheesy lyrics and of course the vocals. 

The first thing I noticed different on first track The Call is the excellent riffage and time changes. Seconds in  I knew this album was going to be different. Before any song can get boring or repetitive some new musical twist pops up and takes the song in a new direction. No time to get bored. When listening to ROTS through the first time I kept thinking "WOW". The song writing is fresh, interesting and complex.

In the past Mortification have tried to mix styles up and try several vocals styles all on the one album. But what happens is the fans only really like a couple of songs on each album rather than thinking the whole album is awesome. But we don't have that problem with ROTS. The album has a very similar vocal approach throughout with Steve using a growled style which works really well. They're not Scrolls style vocals but they still sound good. No clean singing here. Steve especially does some SICK vocals on Feed Your Hungry Ears and Total Thrashing Death. 

Musically the album is a thrash death metal hybrid style with a generous helping of killer melodies. ROTS is much more consistent effort than recent albums. There are also plenty of sick riffs that stick in your head after each song is over. I would describe ROTS as perhaps a mixture of the best bits of Relentless, Erasing and PMA.

The lyrics seem well written and of course share the gospel message. This album is more of a band approach. All members contribute to the song writing. There is even two songs where Steve didn't write the lyrics.

If this is the last Mortification album it couldn't be a better end note. Perhaps they have saved the best for last?? Maybe not but ROTS would be in my top 3 Mort albums. 

This could be the album if the year for me
Mephibosheth
Mephibosheth
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:12 am

So the album sounds NOTHING like that soundclip on the site?  Because that's the worst metal clip I've ever heard in 27 years.  Worse than that band Torn Flesh.

Did they just post the worst 55 seconds on the album so that it could only sound better from there?  Low expectations and all?

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:29 am

strangerhoncho wrote:So the album sounds NOTHING like that soundclip on the site?  Because that's the worst metal clip I've ever heard in 27 years.  Worse than that band Torn Flesh.

Did they just post the worst 55 seconds on the album so that it could only sound better from there?  Low expectations and all?
WOW
You have something really against Rowe dont you?

Calling that the worst youve heard in that long of time come on you havent listened to much then have you? Monkey Biz

I bet that Ive heard way more music than you at 14 if thats the worst thing youve heard

Last edited by Hardcore Christian on Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:32 am

strangerhoncho wrote:So the album sounds NOTHING like that soundclip on the site?  Because that's the worst metal clip I've ever heard in 27 years.  Worse than that band Torn Flesh.

Did you even listen to this song?

A FULL SONG
https://soundcloud.com/matt-glover-13/mortification-extrinsick-forces-realm-of-the-skelataur
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:27 am

It's just a fun grindcore track and it fits perfectly on this AWESOME album.  They have 2 other short songs '40 Day Fast' and 'Grave Sucking'....and NO the album doesn't sound like that one clip you've heard.  Having had this album on constant play for over a week I know this is a super AWESOME WORLD CLASS album and I love it..... a lot better than Torn Flesh!!!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:31 am

Candlemass wrote: scratch Yes, Steve's best work is behind him...but so is the work of Judas Priest, Sabbath, Maiden...

I've enjoyed everything that Mort has released from one degree to another, no doubt this will fall in there...

You may change your mind once you've heard ROTS!!!? Very Happy
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephibosheth Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:43 am

Strangerhoncho. Would like to hear your thoughts after you listen to the full album
Mephibosheth
Mephibosheth
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:36 am

Mephibosheth wrote:Strangerhoncho. Would like to hear your thoughts after you listen to the full album

+1 scratch
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:49 am

I'm not in to Mortification much at all, but I have owned four or five Mort albums over the years, and the track on Soundcloud sounds better than most of the stuff I've had or have.  I don't think any Mort fan will be disappointed with the album if the songs are like that soundcloud one.
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:37 am

WOW
You have something really against Rowe dont you?

Calling that the worst youve heard in that long of time come on you havent listened to much then have you? Monkey Biz

I bet that Ive heard way more music than you at 14 if thats the worst thing youve heard

Nothing against Rowe the man.  I've been a fan since Lightforce.  Mortification's first five or six albums were great.  That sound clip is not.  Neither are his last half a dozen albums, but they're still way better than that.

I'd guess I've heard at least 10,000 metal albums since the mid-80s.  So maybe not enough yet to judge what's crap or not.

I'll still give it a listen once it's streaming somewhere, but I was just wondering why they posted that particular turd of a clip if the rest of the album is supposed to be so great.  That's all I was asking, if the rest of the album sounds like that or if it's not representative.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:43 am

Did you even listen to this song?

A FULL SONG
https://soundcloud.com/matt-glover-13/mortification-extrinsick-forces-realm-of-the-skelataur

I hadn't, but now I have.  Is the rest of the album like that?  It's not much better than that 55 sec clip on the merch page.  Just sounds very tired.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:36 am

strangerhoncho wrote:  Just sounds very tired.

As does your assesment... Sleep
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:55 am

Candlemass wrote:
strangerhoncho wrote:
  Just sounds very tired.

lol!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Drawnsword Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:00 pm

Here is a full song I really enjoyed it

Extrinsick Forces sounds pretty good!
Drawnsword
Drawnsword
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://drawnswordgraphix.blogspot.co.nz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:13 pm

Markification wrote:
Candlemass wrote:
strangerhoncho wrote:
  Just sounds very tired.

lol!
Rolf 1
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by zelote Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:45 pm

Mortification is an institution in the metal scene. I think that until Envision Evangelen all their albums were good .But since Triumoh of Mercy they go on the downside. I think insted of release so many albums since Triumph of Mercy, they could be release just two great records with the best songs of these albums.

Well  Scribe of the Pentateuch was a good one, so i hope this one will be good too. 

I will buy this one in Mp3 format, so i hope that someone could be help me with the lyrics.

zelote
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next