The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Mortification Album Pre-Order and Wonrowe Vision NEW ALBUM

+16
messiaen77
zelote
Drawnsword
Fundy
Mephibosheth
My Awesome Timothy
Hardcore Christian
strangerhoncho
Cybergrinder
pathogenics_cloned_twin83
Tobi Elektrik
Airola
Candlemass
Blake
Pirate
hellig
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Final Mortification Album Pre-Order and Wonrowe Vision NEW ALBUM  - Page 3 Empty Re: Final Mortification Album Pre-Order and Wonrowe Vision NEW ALBUM

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:18 am

zelote wrote:Mortification is an institution in the metal scene. I think that until Envision Evangelen all their albums were good .But since Triumoh of Mercy they go on the downside. I think instead of release so many albums since Triumph of Mercy, they could be release just two great records with the best songs of these albums.

Well  Scribe of the Pentateuch was a good one, so i hope this one will be good too. 

I will buy this one in Mp3 format, so i hope that someone could be help me with the lyrics.
Same i always have loved everything up to Envision but Triumph onward theres 3 or 4 on each album that are great, with the exceptions of Brain Cleaner and Erasing The Goblin which have really great songs.
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Final Mortification Album Pre-Order and Wonrowe Vision NEW ALBUM  - Page 3 Empty Re: Final Mortification Album Pre-Order and Wonrowe Vision NEW ALBUM

Post by Blake Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:00 am

There were good songs on every album but I have to admit Scribe had nothing that appealed to me.

I listened to a bit of the new album yesterday and I was actually surprised. Musically I think its a huge improvement over recent efforts as its got some good guitar riffs (at least I think so), and I'd go as far to say that Steve's vocals improved a bit over the last album, but I may have to go back and verify that. Song titles and lyrics still sometimes make you cringe though.

I say for a late-era Mortification album its pretty good.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:11 pm

Triumph of Mercy is my fav! Metal 1

True though, their best material is EE and back, and it's not because what came after was bad or even mediocre, it's just that those early lp's were so stellar. They set the bar extremely high...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:13 pm

Candlemass wrote: scratch Triumph of Mercy is my fav! Metal 1

True though, their best material is EE and back, and it's not because what came after was bad or even mediocre, it's just that those early lp's were so stellar. They set the bar extremely high...

I'm not knocking you, but why is this your favourite Mort album? Just curious!!!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:33 pm

It was my first Mort lp, came at a special time in my life, so it's forever linked w/that. A few months before I went to my first C-Stone fest, which is where I picked up that cd, I had read the cover story in HM on Steve and his "Triumph of Mercy." Knew little to nothing about Mort at the time, and the story connected w/me, plus hearing the lp after reading the story made a connection as well, there ys have it...oh, plus I think it's really good! Metal 1

Last edited by Candlemass on Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:51 pm

Candlemass wrote:I was my first Mort lp, came at a special time in my life, so it's forever linked w/that. A few months before I went to my first C-Stone fest, which is where I picked up that cd, I had read the cover story in HM on Steve and his "Triumph of Mercy." Knew little to nothing about Mort at the time, and the story connected w/me, plus hearing the lp after reading the story made a connection as well, there ys have it...oh, plus I think it's really good! Metal 1

Awesome, thanks for sharing.  I'll be honest, it's probably my least favourite but I still think it's good.   'Influence' and 'By Your Side' are awesome songs.  I think I read Steve was still sick when this was recorded, so this makes it a special album in the Mort catalogue, given the lyrical content as well.  May give this a spin later.  Out of TOM, HOG and TSCIS the three album since Steve was battling for his life with Leukaemia, I really like TSCIS best.  Good production and some great songs on that one.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:42 pm

Influence was my fav on that lp, but rather quickly became my least fav, one of those anthems like "Livin' After Midnight" that I wore out...this one's been my fav now for quite some time...

Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:23 pm

Wow just got my 3 - Pak in the mail

of course Morti was first to be listened to Very Happy

Im only half way through on song 6

and this is TOP NOTCH Thrash

Feed Your Hungry Ears is awesome overall

Extrinsick Forces of course is awesome

The guitar work on the title track is sweet and the vocals are layered extremely well

Our Anthem has awesome lyrics referencing every single Morti album
Wow and right now I just heard where they reuse a riff from a classic song i cant remember what it is
(ill edit it later)

I cant wait to hear the rest just wow this is so awesome Metal 1
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:24 pm

I GOT IT

the riff is from Flight Of Victory
oh my gosh that is so awesome Guitar guy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:12 am

I'm liking what I'm hearing musically, but those vocals just aren't doing it for me.  Same with Wonrowe Vision.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:00 pm

messiaen77 wrote:I'm liking what I'm hearing musically, but those vocals just aren't doing it for me.  Same with Wonrowe Vision.
I personally cant stand the Wonrowe Vision vocals

When I first heard them I was like "is that Steve?"
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephibosheth Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:16 pm

I recently saw Mortification live in Australia. His live vocals were the best I have ever heard. He does the "gruff" vocals better than the clean singing. By the way, Mort played 6 songs from the new album.
Mephibosheth
Mephibosheth
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:17 pm

Mephibosheth wrote:I recently saw Mortification live in Australia. His live vocals were the best I have ever heard. He does the "gruff" vocals better than the clean singing. By the way, Mort played 6 songs from the new album.
Pretty awesome that they performed EasterFest again this year

Does any one know if this will be a 25 anniversary live album still?
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephibosheth Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:32 pm

There will be no 25 Year live album from Eastefest. But a video should be on YouTube soon of the show
Mephibosheth
Mephibosheth
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by PedroPunk75 Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:41 am

I was at the Easterfest show, they put on a good performance.  Also digging the new album, defiantly the best in a while.
PedroPunk75
PedroPunk75
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

https://www.youtube.com/user/metalmight1/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Throne of thorns Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:55 am

strangerhoncho wrote:
Hardcore Christian wrote:
strangerhoncho wrote:So the album sounds NOTHING like that soundclip on the site?  Because that's the worst metal clip I've ever heard in 27 years.  Worse than that band Torn Flesh.

Did they just post the worst 55 seconds on the album so that it could only sound better from there?  Low expectations and all?
Did you even listen to this song?

A FULL SONG
https://soundcloud.com/matt-glover-13/mortification-extrinsick-forces-realm-of-the-skelataur

I hadn't, but now I have.  Is the rest of the album like that?  It's not much better than that 55 sec clip on the merch page.  Just sounds very tired.
I agree stranger/ but to those who enjoy it then enjoy.
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:10 pm

Got the disc, spun it a few times. I like it, pretty good, though perhaps not as good as some are reporting...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:14 pm

Sounding better w/each spin! Metal 1

Anyone else notice the ode to PMA on track #6?
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:27 pm

Candlemass wrote:Sounding better w/each spin! Metal 1

Anyone else notice the ode to PMA on track #6?
From Rowe Productions

Special Give Aways!
We have some VERY SPECIAL PAKS to give away to the first 5 people who correctly answer the following questions. Winners will be announced next quarter & posted in June to the winners!!

1. What was the name of my first Band? This can only be found in my Biography 'Metal Missionary'.
  2. What was the first names of my Grandma & Grandpa Rowe? This can only be found in my Biography 'Metal Missionary'.
  3. On the Wonrowe Vision Album '2 Headed Monster' which 2 songs use lyrical reference to 2 Classic Mortification songs?
  4. On the Mortification Song 'Our Anthem' from 'Realm Of The Skelataur', name 4 of the 6 Classic Solos & Riffs from the 6 Classic Mortification Songs that make up the Lead Break Bridge section?
  5. What photo is on the bottom RIGHT of BOTH POSTER Foldouts from both new Albums?
  6. What is your name & what date did you order both new CDs from www.roweproductions.com
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:28 pm

I think the opening riffs sound like
God Rulz, at the bridge I pick up Pride Sanitarium and Flight Of Victory
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:36 pm

I caught a bit of the solo from "Grind Planetarium", and one other there, didn't know anything about this contest...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by steveparsons Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:22 pm

Ordered!!!! Waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail

steveparsons
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephibosheth Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:58 pm

Candlemass, I'm glad to hear the album is growing on you. I  found the same thing. I can't say that about the new WRV cd tho. Just not my style

Last edited by Mephibosheth on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammer)
Mephibosheth
Mephibosheth
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Roxx Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:15 pm

YES - I am a little bit spamming this thread, but has anyone heard the whole Wonrowe Vision album yet? I am enjoying it! Best of the lot so far in my opinion! When we do the limited vinyls of only 100 copies they will also include the new CD courtesy of Steve Rowe. Anyone else liking this one?

ROXX RECORDS UPDATE:

Mortification fans are you ready to help us celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Premiere Australian Jesus Metal Band this Summer?

We are working on not one, but two Special Limited Edition vinyl releases for you! One release that started it all and one release that fast forwards us all the way to where Steve Rowe is at today in his 25 year journey on this earth providing us with his excellent Jesus Metal as only he can!

Already at the pressing plant as you read this is a Limited Edition 'Silver' 25th Anniversary Pressing of 'Break The Curse 1990-2015' 100 copies will be on silver vinyl and 200 copies will be on black vinyl and there will only be 300 available! Not to mention this is the FIRST time this has ever even been pressed on vinyl!

Up next we will be launching a new vinyl series called 'The Underground Series' which will be an extremely SMALL run of 100 to 150 copies only of some classic releases that may not have otherwise been able to realize a vinyl release!

And what better way to start that series off then with the 'Priests of the Underground' and release the latest release from WonRowe Vision 'Two Headed Monster' and there will only be 100 copies available in the US exclusively through Roxx Records and 50 copies in Australia exclusively through Rowe Productions.

Stay Tuned for pre-orders and special packages coming very soon! The best way to stay up to date and get the news first and make sure you dont miss out is to sign up on our email list at www.roxxproductions.com

Recon ‘Behind Enemy Lines’ special Vinyl and CD reissues will be announced next and very soon!
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.roxxproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zelote Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:59 pm

I like this new album, is one of the best albums by the band in a long time.

zelote
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3