The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleeping Giant announce final album - I AM

3 posters

Go down

Sleeping Giant announce final album - I AM Empty Sleeping Giant announce final album - I AM

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:24 pm

From their Facebook:

We are bringing it home to Facedown Records to say goodbye with their final album “I Am,” set to release January 26. The first single “No Love” featuring Garrett Russell of Silent Planet is out now.
From Tommy Green:
“For me personally this band has been such an important and special gift for my actual life that I needed to know that I was actually at a point where I could let go and move on. I didn’t want to feel grief like there was something unexpressed unsaid or undone in me. This band has become the public/private journal of my story or my life. It is one of the most important things I have ever done in my life. It’s crazy, beautiful, hard, awesome, cathartic, creative and mission all at the same time. In regards to this being a thought out deliberate decision to make I AM The final Project, for myself I am at a point where I feel like I have crossed some significant finish lines in my journey and things have come full circle. A friend told me most people never have a vision for the end, I wanted to make sure we had a vision For the end not just the beginning, so to come To the end, but not just let it fail and fall apart. I wanted to have a vision for the end. I think we are doing that now.
At Facedown Fest 2016 we talked to JD and asked him if he would consider helping us to say goodbye. We wanted to finish where we started and show respect and honor for the label that helped us get our first exposure and created space for us to grow at home in Southern California. Stepping away from Facedown and becoming a traveling band and working with so many others, it became evident that there is something really special about Facedown; honestly this is just such a gift for the FD crew to be willing to take this on as a last project.
Our last show will be 12 years to the date of our first show back home. I couldn’t and wouldn’t have done this, risked speaking and sharing my personal story without all the people that have made this band. Respect for your sacrifices and for your gifts and talents and efforts. You are all a part of Sleeping Giant.”
We will be heading home to California for our farewell performance, exactly 12 years from the date of our very first show.
1/28/18 - Dallas, TX
Ticket Link: https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1604118…
2/17/18 - Pomona, CA
Ticket Link: https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1595020…
We are truly Grateful for you all. Thank you. Please enjoy what we’ve done and take it farther than we ever could. 1 John 4:17 / John 3:17 / Romans 8:31

Sleeping Giant announce final album - I AM 24174356_1790001681033419_6350557741542811785_n
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Sleeping Giant announce final album - I AM Empty Re: Sleeping Giant announce final album - I AM

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:34 pm

Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Sleeping Giant announce final album - I AM Empty Re: Sleeping Giant announce final album - I AM

Post by New Creation Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:52 pm

They sound good. Not really sure why the are done. I love their sound. Out of all the hardcore/metalcore groups out there, only a few have a "praise & worship" vibe, and these guys have it along with Wolves At The Gate and The Great Commission.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by 11razorwire Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:05 pm

Gonna miss these guys.
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:43 pm

New Creation wrote:They sound good. Not really sure why the are done. I love their sound. Out of all the hardcore/metalcore groups out there, only a few have a "praise & worship" vibe, and these guys have it along with Wolves At The Gate and The Great Commission.
Finished People almost never happened as well, Tommy Green was really the only member, and he is a pastor down in California, he actually got the rest of the band to comeback and do one last album I believe, lets not forget that all the members of Sleeping Giant were members of xDeathstarx so they have been touring out and about for like 20+ years
11razorwire wrote:Gonna miss these guys.
Me too dude Sad
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down