The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?

+10
Frozen Fire
oldschooldoom
Kerrick
Staybrite
Parched Earth
Black Rider
arttieTHE1manparty
Temple of Blood
MikeInFla
jusma
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  Empty Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?

Post by jusma Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:22 pm

I noticed this years ago, when I held these two albums in my hands. I never asked about this here, but I guess now is the right time.. Smile 

So who knows why these two album covers from these two different bands have almost exactly the same cover?

As you can see, basically the only difference here is the statue on the Giant cover. 
If you remove the statue, then what´s left is the BoB cover (with their logo made out of the letter C). 
The clouds, the sun, the pillars, colors, everything matches. 

Probably it´s a joke between these two bands, but does anyone know more details about this? What´s the connection between the two bands? It´s pretty funny and interesting.
Ten more tales... was released 1999 and III in 2001.

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  R-8283649-1459260620-5580.jpeg

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  2001-Giant-III1
jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

Back to top Go down

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  Empty Re: Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?

Post by MikeInFla Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:37 pm

No idea, I have also wondered about these, Autograph and Aerosmith:

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  51z37roQJlL._SY355_

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  Aerosmith_-_Just_Push_Play

And I think some of the inside art is exactly the same on both albums.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  Empty Re: Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?

Post by MikeInFla Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:53 pm

Here's another and they both look like James Brown LOL!

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  R-2320704-1469546911-6644.jpeg

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  Gravity_%28James_Brown_album%29_cover_art

More:

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  220px-Atkinsvictimofchanges

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  433
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:05 pm

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  89529_tLw5D3SwOj5x5CbU_44827

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  89529_tLw5D3SwOj5x5CbU_44832

There are tons. Some may be coincidence, others are tributes (Like Elvis & The Clash)
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jusma Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:21 pm

MikeInFla wrote:Here's another and they both look like James Brown LOL!

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  R-2320704-1469546911-6644.jpeg

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  Gravity_%28James_Brown_album%29_cover_art

Hah, that´s funny  Razz
jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:26 pm

My guess is that they both bought the rights to the same painting by the same artist. I doubt it's a joke of any kind.

Same thing happened to Morbid Angel and Hexenhaus.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:18 pm

I will say that BoP is a great band, and that Giant III is not given the attention it deserves, in my opinion.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:49 pm

Giant III isn't quite up to the standard of the first two but still a good album.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:56 pm

Few albums...by anyone...touch those first two Giant records, but III is really, REALLY good.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Parched Earth Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:54 pm

Two albums called "V" with striking similarities. Smile 

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  81VFhrripAL._SX522_

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  512YCHjyaOL
Parched Earth
Parched Earth
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:42 pm

They all have the same artists they go to?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:49 pm

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  Too_fa10

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  Lex_me10
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jusma Wed May 01, 2019 1:40 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:My guess is that they both bought the rights to the same painting by the same artist.  I doubt it's a joke of any kind.

That might be. 

The difference between BoP/Giant case vs all the others that have been posted here is that on BoP/Giant the picture is the same. In all the other examples the covers just look similar not being the same picture.

I wonder if there are other examples like BoP/Giant where the cover picture/design is the same.
jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed May 01, 2019 6:47 pm

jusma wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:My guess is that they both bought the rights to the same painting by the same artist.  I doubt it's a joke of any kind.

That might be. 

The difference between BoP/Giant case vs all the others that have been posted here is that on BoP/Giant the picture is the same. In all the other examples the covers just look similar not being the same picture.

I wonder if there are other examples like BoP/Giant where the cover picture/design is the same.

I'm pretty certain that Ultimatum and Motley Crue albums are the exact same picture...they've just photo-shopped one a bit.  geek
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed May 01, 2019 6:51 pm

Took me awhile to find this one (had to do a reverse image search) but I remember seeing both of these cds several months apart in the same used music store.

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  Kings_10

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  Green_10
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed May 01, 2019 7:33 pm

It's another Lance King album. That is suspicious.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed May 01, 2019 8:06 pm

There's a thread on the Metal Archives about similar album art:
https://forum.metal-archives.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=118275

As a warning, there might be some offensive album covers in there...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat May 04, 2019 11:19 am

Messiah by Blood'n'Fire

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  P9Qf6Jg

Behold by Steve Yost

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  KaGOBzZ

Last edited by oldschooldoom on Sat May 04, 2019 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat May 04, 2019 2:08 pm

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  41Y%2BlAmE0kL
Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  51FwpjRmIIL._SX355_

Released 3-4 months apart. Same studio for both pictures, both bands are friends, both are comebacks after 16yrs away. Not really a coincidence between the two.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by jusma Sun May 05, 2019 6:38 am

Staybrite wrote:Took me awhile to find this one (had to do a reverse image search) but I remember seeing both of these cds several months apart in the same used music store.

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  Kings_10

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  Green_10

I´d say this is the same picture used in two different albums.
Pretty funny coincidence indeed that it´s another Lance King album Smile
jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon May 06, 2019 10:08 am

Frozen Fire wrote:Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  41Y%2BlAmE0kL
Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  51FwpjRmIIL._SX355_

Released 3-4 months apart. Same studio for both pictures, both bands are friends, both are comebacks after 16yrs away. Not really a coincidence between the two.

Sacrifice is Believer's biggest musical influence IMHO.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon May 06, 2019 10:20 pm

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  1110
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon May 06, 2019 10:24 pm

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  Hqdefault

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  Darkknight11
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Hill Mon May 20, 2019 6:46 pm

I knew that Antestor's Omen album used the same image as some other albums, but I saw this today showing a lot more than I knew about - 13 albums used the same image before Antestor did!

http://archivesofkhazad-dum.blogspot.com/2010/08/zdzisaw-beksinski-5.html#.XOMs4lJKiM8
Devon Hill
Devon Hill
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:53 am

These album covers are very similar looking and should be coming out this month...

purely coincidental though.

Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  73de9c10
Who can explain these Balance of Power and Giant album covers?  Ed08d310
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next