The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nov 1st All Saints Day!!! "Broad is the Gate"

+20
Professor_Valconian
Pershing1134
Livna
Mang67
bigtreads
Staybrite
Mr Lynch
Through The Dark Radio
alldatndensum
Follower of Jesus
Joe C
Soldier777
Xid
MikeInFla
Mackenzie DuQuesne
metaldude
Sir Shred A Lot
My Awesome Timothy
SpaceGuy
Candlemass
24 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Nov 1st All Saints Day!!! "Broad is the Gate" - Page 4 Empty Re: Nov 1st All Saints Day!!! "Broad is the Gate"

Post by cliffenstein Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:02 pm

Great album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cliffenstein
cliffenstein
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Nov 1st All Saints Day!!! "Broad is the Gate" - Page 4 Empty Re: Nov 1st All Saints Day!!! "Broad is the Gate"

Post by MikeInFla Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:27 pm

Candlemass wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
Candlemass wrote:What is the big deal about "waiting", you have nothing else going on in your life?

What if I die before I get the CD?
A new cd by anyone is not on my "bucket list!" Laughing

Luckily mine is, since I don't have bungee jumping on my bucket list.  Very Happy
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:59 am

It's on Amazon and I picked it up. Listened through it a few times already. First impression:  this will be my favorite Saint record. The guitar tones here are incredible. Brian's vocals are nearly perfect for this band. The addition of the second guitarist has added something that is hard to quantify, yet is noticeable. There's a couple of tracks that sound a little different for Saint, especially "Never Same" which I really, really like.

Time will tell. It's easy to get excited to hear a new record and then after a while, the enthusiasm dies down and it takes its place in the rankings of a band's discography. But I knew early on that Dangerously Close would be my new favorite Bloodgood, and more than a year later it is. I knew No More Hell To Pay would be my new favorite Stryper record, and more than a year later it is. I have that same feeling now for Broad Is The Gate. This is just a fantastic release.

My only complaint is that its too short. However, I would rather the band release 8 or 9 really strong tracks than try to release 12 tracks by inserting material that is weaker. So, this isn't really a complaint as much as a wish for more music of this caliber. I will be enjoying this record for a while.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:40 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:It's on Amazon and I picked it up. Listened through it a few times already. First impression:  this will be my favorite Saint record. The guitar tones here are incredible. Brian's vocals are nearly perfect for this band. The addition of the second guitarist has added something that is hard to quantify, yet is noticeable. There's a couple of tracks that sound a little different for Saint, especially "Never Same" which I really, really like.

Time will tell. It's easy to get excited to hear a new record and then after a while, the enthusiasm dies down and it takes its place in the rankings of a band's discography. But I knew early on that Dangerously Close would be my new favorite Bloodgood, and more than a year later it is. I knew No More Hell To Pay would be my new favorite Stryper record, and more than a year later it is. I have that same feeling now for Broad Is The Gate. This is just a fantastic release.

My only complaint is that its too short. However, I would rather the band release 8 or 9 really strong tracks than try to release 12 tracks by inserting material that is weaker. So, this isn't really a complaint as much as a wish for more music of this caliber. I will be enjoying this record for a while.

Agreed, as of right now I like Hellblade, Desperate Night and Broad Is The Gate equally. I consider it a solid "trilogy". I also agree on the short songs but 8 or 9 short ones are better than a few extras thrown in that are weak. I seem to remember they also (a few years ago) re-did "The Runner", much like they did "To Live Forever". If it does indeed exist it would have been a cool un-labeled bonus track stuck on the end of the album.

Also agree with Dangerously Close, it is the best Bloodgood so far. I hope they also end up finishing "All Stand Together Reimagined". The new version of "Rounded Are The Rocks" is awesome.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:49 pm

Well, this is a solid release. It is fast, but straight forward at the same time. As I expected, it is better than Desperate Night but not as good as Hell Blade. The song that got stuck in my head is "We all Stand" which has become my  favorite track from this album.

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:04 pm

Have CD's shipped yet?
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:35 am

I am enjoying the heck out of this album. Brian's vocals are a breath of fresh air for Saint - no offense to Josh. I love the sound of this album and I'm playing it over and over again, which is unusual for me. I am pretty confident that this will easily land as my #2 favorite Saint record and may very well overtake Time's End as my #1 in time. It is a fantastic album.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:55 am

I'm really liking this album as well.  Time will tell where it ranks for me, but this is a good one.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceGuy Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:34 pm

Not sure where to rank it in terms of other albums since its so different. 

"Never Same" is one of their best songs ever, though. The mix on the song is so amazingly good between the guitars, orchestral arrangement, and bass (and vox, too).

SpaceGuy
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Lynch Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:07 pm

Thanks guys, glad your diggin the new CD.
I should have physical by Mon. according to the manufacturer and will be sending out order
immediately. So sorry for the long delay but can only twist arms so far....
Mr Lynch
Mr Lynch
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:37 pm

How can anyone dig the new CD if no one has the new CD...? scratch
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:17 am

Candlemass wrote:How can anyone dig the new CD if no one has the new CD...? scratch

It's been available for download at Amazon for a week or more.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:05 am

A download is not a CD...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:59 pm

unless you copy the downloaded music to a CDR...  Razz
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:31 pm

Fundy wrote:unless you copy the downloaded music to a CDR...  Razz
Heretic! Evil or Very Mad
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Lynch Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:20 pm

Candlemass is a purest and for good reason, I actual CD sounds quite a bit better than the mp3.
I didn't know there was such a difference between the two but A-B'ed them and wow...
Mr Lynch
Mr Lynch
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:07 pm

I can't imagine this album sounding any better. You guys got a great sound on it. Definitely worth the wait.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:02 pm

A real purest snob waits for vinyl, I'm not so pure...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:07 pm

Candlemass wrote:A real purest snob waits for vinyl, I'm not so pure...
cheers
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Lynch Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:39 pm

You may be waiting a while.....
Mr Lynch
Mr Lynch
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:00 am

I have to say this is probably my favorite release. I like it a bit more than the last 2. Desperate Night has 1 track that I normally skip and Hell Blade has 2. On this one I find myself playing the whole thing and not skipping any songs. Pretty solid release as was The Revelation, DN and HB.

Looking forward to more new music in the future from these guys.

I believe the CD's have arrived to those who ordered. Not sure about mine because my wife intercepts the mail this time of year and wraps up everything I order. I'll find out Dec 25 if this made it to my mailbox.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:20 pm

Perhaps mine will be there tomorrow...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe C Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:33 pm

Candlemass wrote:A real purest snob waits for vinyl, I'm not so pure...

Mr Lynch wrote:You may be waiting a while.....

I believe there had been some talk earlier this year of some Saint albums being released on vinyl.
Joe C
Joe C
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamis Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:30 pm

The new Saint album arrived today and have just finished listening to it for the third time.  New vocalist Brian Miller is very talented.  He almost brings a slight Dio quality to his vocals, which allows Saint to branch out a bit more musically in comparison to past albums (noting the symphonic power metal aspect to "Never The Same").  As a matter of fact, this is potentially the best Saint line up ever (I hope they keep the same roster because they can potentially do some great things in the future).

The lone complaint is that the album is a bit short at 31 minutes (only 29 minutes when factoring the throwaway instrumental "Metal Cross" at the end).  Yes, I like all 29 of those minutes but the overall feel is an EP as opposed to a full length album.
Dynamis
Dynamis
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

http://www.angelicwarlord.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:35 pm

scratch
how come I never saw Saint released a new album face palm
considering I posted here a little while ago

face palm i cant belive I never noticed lol!

well before i buy how good is it?
Very Happy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next