The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nov 1st All Saints Day!!! "Broad is the Gate"

+20
Professor_Valconian
Pershing1134
Livna
Mang67
bigtreads
Staybrite
Mr Lynch
Through The Dark Radio
alldatndensum
Follower of Jesus
Joe C
Soldier777
Xid
MikeInFla
Mackenzie DuQuesne
metaldude
Sir Shred A Lot
My Awesome Timothy
SpaceGuy
Candlemass
24 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Nov 1st All Saints Day!!! "Broad is the Gate" - Page 2 Empty Re: Nov 1st All Saints Day!!! "Broad is the Gate"

Post by MikeInFla Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:55 pm

Joe C wrote:Rich, will the SAINT Warriors of the Son 30th Anniversary Edition be selling at the saintsite.com store?

Also, is there an error for the shipping & handling cost to Canada?

From what I have heard WOS won't be available at the site. At the retro site is is 14.99 plus 4 bucks shipping, that's steep. I have heard Amazon has it cheaper but I havent been able to find it on Amazon.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Nov 1st All Saints Day!!! "Broad is the Gate" - Page 2 Empty Re: Nov 1st All Saints Day!!! "Broad is the Gate"

Post by Through The Dark Radio Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:27 pm

Pre-ordered as well
Through The Dark Radio
Through The Dark Radio
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:14 am

I have downloaded the Broad is the Gate mp3 yesterday and I really liked it. It really looks like a brand new band, as there is a new vocalist and new a second guitarrist. The guitar solos are great, by the way. However, from what I heard from this album, I still prefer I Will Fight.

Let's see how good this album is gonna be. I have no doubts that is going to be a great release even though I'm not sure if it will be better than the letter 7, my favorite 2014 release so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:34 am

Is Rich singing on any of the tracks?
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:52 am

Probably some of the backing vocals like always.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:40 pm

I imagine since Bryan is new they will probably have him on lead for all the tracks but we will have to wait and see.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:42 pm

Just got the second download "We All Stand" another heavy rocker with Bryan on lead vocals. Killer song!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Lynch Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:17 am

I think We Will Fight and We All Stand are the only songs with backing vocals. I don't know that fragile posts on this forum any more but he will be super disappointed to find out that I'm not doing any lead vocal stuff on this project  Laughing
Mr Lynch
Mr Lynch
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:53 pm

Mr Lynch wrote:I think We Will Fight and We All Stand are the only songs with backing vocals. I don't know that fragile posts on this forum any more but he will be super disappointed to find out that I'm not doing any lead vocal stuff on this project  Laughing
Candlemass and the previously named "Fragile" are one in the same person.

Maybe you could make a few bonus tracks just for him with you doing all the lead vocals but in spoken word form (much like a William Shatner style tune). Twisted Evil
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:53 pm

I like to hear Rich sing a tune on the albums. Kind of like Kiss. Paul does most of the vocals and Gene gets one or two. But with Brian being a new vocalist it would probably be best to feature him. So far the 3 songs I have heard are awesome. This band gets better with each release.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:26 pm

The song of this week is killer. It has some classic saint influences and remember me In the Night and crucified from the last album a bit. And I also enjoyed brian's voice in this song. At the end of the song he remembered me Lance King.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtreads Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:55 am

Just wondering if the shirt is in color ? I ordered it anyway but thought I would ask.
bigtreads
bigtreads
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:18 am

I think the shirt is just as you see, a dark shirt with gray lettering.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:19 am

Mr Lynch wrote:I think We Will Fight and We All Stand are the only songs with backing vocals. I don't know that fragile posts on this forum any more but he will be super disappointed to find out that I'm not doing any lead vocal stuff on this project  Laughing

cheers flower Thumbs up Metal 3
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Lynch Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:57 pm

Ok... the t-shirt is gray and black just like on the site, at this time we don't plan on carrying the new Warriors of the Son release, I'm thinking they are a limited run but don't quote me. and finally, delivery of physical product of Broad is the Gate will be delayed 2 weeks as the mastering company has pushed us back to the 31st.
We will send out complete down loads of the CD on Nov. 1st. Sorry for the delay.
Mr Lynch
Mr Lynch
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:39 pm

Good. I'd rather the download anyway as it is a long ship to Brazil. I doubt I will have this cd on hands before 2015.

By the way, I have just received the Demon Pill track and it is killer! It is so straight forward. It is fast and heavy.Probably the best song so far along with we will fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:51 am

Yes, Demon Pill is a fabulous song! Kind of reminds me of Stryper's "Eclipse For The Sun" but heavier. Kind of has that raw feel to it. Honestly, if you played it for me and you didn't say it was Saint, I would never know it was them. Doesn't sound like traditional Saint (not a bad thing). Clocks in at 2:36, a short song but a killer track!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:53 am

Mr Lynch wrote:Ok... the t-shirt is gray and black just like on the site, at this time we don't plan on carrying the new Warriors of the Son release, I'm thinking they are a limited run but don't quote me. and finally, delivery of physical product of Broad is the Gate will be delayed 2 weeks as the mastering company has pushed us back to the 31st.
We will send out complete down loads of the CD on Nov. 1st. Sorry for the delay.

Not a big problem. Don't mind waiting as the new songs so far sound great so it will be worth the wait. I found WOS on E-bay, it is cheapest there and has free shipping. Just search for Saint - Warriors Of The Son and it will more than likely be the first one listed and it's only 13.99. Mine came in about 2 days but my wife intercepted it in the mail and won't give it to me til Christmas, so I have to wait 2 more months before I hear it!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:42 pm

MikeInFLa, there is a solution to keep your wife from intercepting your mail - if you have one of thise multi postal boxes and the end of a street in which you need a key to open, take it from her and hide it. I have the only copy of the postal box key and I check all the mail. IF the mail comes to the door, then that is another issue. I feel for you man. Last Christmas I had to wait for the Stryper No More Hell to Pay CD/DVD.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:57 am

She does it every year between Oct and Dec! Over the last 10 years I think EVERY Saint CD I've ordered has been in the fall and she has hidden them all til Dec 25!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:37 pm

MikeInFla wrote:Yes, Demon Pill is a fabulous song! Kind of reminds me of Stryper's "Eclipse For The Sun" but heavier. Kind of has that raw feel to it. Honestly, if you played it for me and you didn't say it was Saint, I would never know it was them. Doesn't sound like traditional Saint (not a bad thing). Clocks in at 2:36, a short song but a killer track!
I could not find any relationship between both songs. Actually, I don't see eclipse of the son as a heavy metal song. It has a modern vibe and it is a skip button on Murder by Pride album. Demon Pill is so much better, in my humble opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:30 am

Yes, it is a better song but for some reason that is what I thought of when I heard it. Personally, I like Eclipse Of The Son and never skip it.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mang67 Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:14 pm

Saint keeps on delivering!
Guitar guy
I just received my download of Broad is the Gate, Demon Pill, and We all Stand... a nice healthy slab of driving metal... very, very good... can't wait for the CD delivery.
Nicely done Richard and the rust of the Saint guys! (had to put a typo in there, as is the Saint tradition)
Mang67
Mang67
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:30 pm

Demon Pill Lyrics

I think about the
Tragic day you came to me
A love so wrong you set me free

The nightmare had its day
See you a different way

Your so-called love
Was jus a poison after all
But in the end I know
It’s you who’ll take the fall

The wounds are healing now
    But I don’t know how       

The devil drank with me
Was blind but now I see
The devil drank with me
One taste is all you’ll need

The ride was winding down
The pain was all too real
I took the demon pill to heal

The nightmare had its way
And now it’s here to stay

The devil drank with me
Was blind but now I see
The devil drank with me
One taste is all you’ll need
The devil drank with me
His grip was tightening
 You tried to seal my soul
But now I’m demon free
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:19 pm

I have listened half an album and I can certainly say that this new album will be better than Desperate Night. However, not as good as Hell Blade so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next