The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dreams

+20
deathisgain
MikeInFla
Blake
Hardcore Christian
Zymologist
d@v!d
RM
Sting Chameleon
Metal15
oldschooldoom
eatbugs
KingsRite
alldatndensum
Candlemass
Innocent Bystander
XenonLion
guilty/forgiven
*static*
Black Rider
Kerrick
24 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dreams - Page 3 Empty Re: Dreams

Post by Driven Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:58 pm

Metal Blessing Radio wrote:Its always weird when you wake up thinking a dream really happened...

Is it ever. Just happened to me the other night. I really can't talk about it, but I woke up and was like "whoa, it happened, but it didn't …"
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:18 pm

I thought this was about the Van Hagar song...

Oh well, it defined 1987 for me (some guy played it in the weight room every day in football camp).
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:53 am

Remember Ben...the big ol' grizzly bear from Grizzly Adams?

I dreamed he was my pet grizzly bear.

Dreams - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpEY9WYBZKN9v0EFyyZx4vDWbEE8q5yBcGrxmIT5ZGPFRCsd04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:06 pm

I dreamt I was playing with a cat in the shower. There was something before that, but I can't remember anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:13 pm

^Haha that's pretty random!

Three nights ago this happened:  Twice I would start to fall asleep and then get jolted awake with fear for no perceptible reason - as if there was an evil presence in my room once again.  I was very tired but I got up and started praying.  As I began to drift into sleep, I saw this demonic creature materialize next to me, cradling my head as I lay there.  It was dark in color, had sharp teeth, evil eyes, and long scraggly hair that cascaded down its shoulders and arms and under my head.  Three or four times I would start waking up and it would disappear, though as I would start drifting back into unconsciousness, it would then reappear, in the same position as it was.  I was laying on my back which is uncharacteristic of me.  The final time I saw it, I felt one of my earplugs in my hand.  (I always sleep with earplugs in because I'm a very light sleeper.)  When I awoke, indeed an earplug was in my hand though I do not remember how it got from my ear to my hand.  Strange.

And two nights ago:  In my dream I decided to just up and leave everything behind.  I had nothing but the clothes on my back and a blanket I bought in Mexico (the red/orange one with the sun on it).  Unbeknownst to the driver, I got on the back of a flat-bed truck that was traveling north and just waited to see where it'd take me.  Eventually the driver stopped in this quaint town somewhere in north-eastern California.  He was middle-aged, Hispanic, and had a stout figure.  He was very kind and welcoming.  We met up with his wife who was very friendly too.  They were sympathetic towards my new-found nomadic lifestyle and were quick to help me in any way they could.  She went off to go shopping or something and he and I went walking around this neat concrete building that was open to the outside and had vines and plants growing all over the place.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:37 am

Kerrick wrote:So one of my favorite threads on another board I'm on is a dream threads.  So for all you folks who have crazy dreams, post 'em here!  Here's one I had a couple nights ago that I thought was pretty cool:

I was walking down a sidewalk in a nice town on a warm summer night.  A road was to my left and I was nearing a park on my right.  It wasn't a huge town, but of decent size and reminded me of a town you might find in the Central Valley.  I began running and then leaped down a couple stairs and to my surprise, I was able to leap so far I was almost flying.  I put my arms back and slightly out and was able to guide myself somewhat through the air.  It was a lot of fun.  As I was flying through the air on my second or third leap, I slowed down in mid-air and stopped maybe 10 feet above the ground.  I then began floating upwards, away from the ground.  I wasn't afraid - rather, it was pretty cool.  As I got higher and higher, I could see more of the town.  I could see the park, trees, grass, street-lamps, and people walking around.  Then I could see the whole town.  With no control over my movement at all, I began rolling forward as I continued to fly upwards.  I saw the town upside-down and realized it was a dream, amazed at the spectacular level of detail and that my brain could even come up with any of this.  I kept rolling and as I was facing upwards I saw an airliner jet pass by a few hundred feet above me through the night-sky.  I kept going up and I kept spinning around.  I was now looking back towards the Earth and was trying to distinguish the different continents.  I got to outer-space and stopped moving for a bit.  After a brief pause, I began going back down to Earth.  It was all very peaceful and pleasant.  That's when I awoke!

For fun, I've done an audio recording of your dream.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1nRB1gW5YBJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:05 pm

*static* wrote:I had one set in the future where Jake Gyllenhaal (well, it looked like him) was running away from the police after being framed for murder and jumped onto a train carriage to escape from them. The train was artificially intelligent and was also on the run from the authorities. She was the last vehicle in the world that still moved on wheels- everything else ran on hover tracks- so nothing could intercept her. On the train were several mentally ill robots who the government had attempted to decommission because they held sensitive information about some conspiracy, but they escaped and went on the run with the train. The train never stopped so and nothing could get off once it had gotten on. Jake did manage to get off though, assumed a new identity and started a new life. However, the government located him and knew he'd gotten off the train. It turned out the train wasn't on the run after all- she'd been programmed to think she was so they could keep the robots contained without destroying them in case they ever needed to access the information again. Since Jake had gotten off, they knew she wasn't secure anymore, so a special forces team knocked her off her tracks and kidnapped the robots. Jake heard about this somehow and was just getting ready to go on a mission to save the train and the robots and unravel the conspiracy when I woke up.

For fun, I read yours too!
https://soundcloud.com/i_read_stuff-1/static-had-a-dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:19 pm

Oh I can't wait to listen!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:48 pm

XenonLion wrote:Not too long ago, I had a really cool dream. I was in this group of people and we went to a dark castle on a stormy night. We fought some guards and then went further inside. Along the way we picked up these wooden token things. Then we noticed a door going to the basement. We were curious so we went down. There was some dude saying there were ghosts in the castle, but it was obvious that it wasn't true. Then on the other side of the room were these chefs making pizza. I was so excited. I went up close and looked at all the pizza. Then a chef put a piece in my mouth and then I woke up.

I just had to read this one!
https://soundcloud.com/i_read_stuff-1/pizza-dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:58 pm

Zymologist wrote:On the other hand, I had a dream a few weeks ago that I was getting a brain transplant. But not just any brain transplant, oh no...they (whoever "they" were) removed my brain while I was still awake and quite lucid, smashed it together with white rice, and gave it to me to eat. It didn't taste great, so I instead put it in a hot dog bun with some ketchup. That was better.

I recorded yours too.

https://soundcloud.com/i_read_stuff-1/zymologist-had-a-dream

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:49 pm

Those are funny!

Though now my brain is reading all posts in your voice. It happens often, that I'll watch TV and then start reading something, and I'll hear the other person's voice in my head, reading what I am.

...Is that odd?

Anyway, dream:

[I think from Friday] I went to the pet store, and all the rats had mated the hermit crabs and had produced these massive, red hybrids covered partly by a shell and partly by fur. Horrid.

Last night it seemed to me that I had at least two dreams, or else one long dream that was greatly complicated. One dream had to do with Vikings, or axe-wielding barbarians in general, and the other...something about water. I tossed and turned a lot, and it seemed that the dreams I had depended on which side I was lying on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:21 pm

LemonMouse wrote:Those are funny!
Thanks.

Though now my brain is reading all posts in your voice. It happens often, that I'll watch TV and then start reading something, and I'll hear the other person's voice in my head, reading what I am.

...Is that odd?

No, not odd to imagine other's voices. Right now, I have stuck in my head a mix of Sean Connery and Morgan Freeman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:59 pm

Saturday night I dreamt that all the powerplants had been filled with foam, and they couldn't operate and no one had electricity. Whoever touched the foam immediately came under mind-control and started slaughterings rabbits. Everyone thought it was the Russians' fault, but actually the culprits were the teddy bears! They had become jealous of how cute the bunny-rabbits were.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:07 pm

LemonMouse wrote:Saturday night I dreamt that all the powerplants had been filled with foam, and they couldn't operate and no one had electricity. Whoever touched the foam immediately came under mind-control and started slaughterings rabbits. Everyone thought it was the Russians' fault, but actually the culprits were the teddy bears! They had become jealous of how cute the bunny-rabbits were.

For some reason that makes me want to listen to Rush's The Trees. Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:22 pm

LemonMouse wrote:Saturday night I dreamt that all the powerplants had been filled with foam, and they couldn't operate and no one had electricity. Whoever touched the foam immediately came under mind-control and started slaughterings rabbits. Everyone thought it was the Russians' fault, but actually the culprits were the teddy bears! They had become jealous of how cute the bunny-rabbits were.

LemonMouse had a dream!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:05 am

Adam, your dream readings are fantastic!!!  Oh my goodness, so great!

Zymologist, your brain dream reminded me of the movie Brain-Dead.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:53 pm

I had a couple dreams last night that were like TV comedy shows...  I was laughing pretty hysterically throughout.  I don't remember them much, but that they were quite odd and really funny (to me).  There was something about two groups of people hiking through these mountains or something...  So random.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:22 am

Last night I played soccer with Mesut Ozil. He was really nice. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:55 pm

This dream took place somewhere war-torn like Ukraine or Iraq.  The corrupt government was dumping thousands upon thousands of live missiles in an open area.  The warlords were scavenging them for parts since the missiles were too big for them to actually launch.  My dad and I had rifles and were exploring around.  He kept pointing it at terrorists/warlords to look through the scope but I warned him that they may think he's going to shoot them which would start a fight... which we didn't want.  A van of terrorists drove by and I exclaimed how if we were better armed, we could fight them.  Then we came to a Christian man with a bunch of kids - maybe his kids or from an orphanage he ran.  Someone slashed or shot a tire on his beat-up old van and the entire vehicle deflated like a balloon.  He prayed over it and it re-inflated.  I was doing my best to hold back my tears (for some reason this whole dream was very emotional) and then put my hand on the van and began praying for it and them.  It became hard as steel again and that's when I awoke.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:27 pm

Wow, this weekend I had a few pretty wild dreams...  The one from last night is particularly interesting to me...  Any dream interpreters here???

Two nights ago:  It was at night and I was driving up a windy road through the forest.  I don't remember if I was the one driving or someone else.  We hit a deer and it limped off onto my friend's front porch where it laid down and was going to die.  I felt bad for it and felt that I needed to put it out of its misery so I took my handgun out, stood over it, and shot it.  I did not know though that my friend was hosting some summer-camp counselors who were sleeping outside - one of whom was sleeping directly under the deck where the deer was.  The bullet had traveled through the deer, through the deck, and into this guy's chest.  We rushed him inside and I was putting pressure on the wound.  It had hit him dead-center in the chest.  I was crying out to God to heal him.  It was terrible.  Someone else was trying to call 911 but they didn't have any service.  I finally got out my phone and called and they came.  He was going to be alright which I was so grateful for.

Last night:  Behind my parents' house was a cascading waterfall maybe 30 feet tall that flowed up into this other world above ours.  The other world was like a shell around ours, yet there was still blue sky and sunlight (I'm not sure exactly how).  It was lush and green - a tropical rainforest of sorts.  There was a little girl who was asking a being from the other world questions.  He looked like an average human male, maybe 30 years old.  Throughout the duration of my dream, it was as if they were narrating it.  She asked if the two worlds will ever converge and he said yes they would, and it will be beautiful.  He also explained how the plant leaves are the life-blood for the peoples of their respective worlds and that they cannot intermingle.  But as he was saying that, a bird from our world flew up to the other world and took a bite out of a leaf.  The green leaf then turned into a small green bird of its own and flew away.  The earth bird somehow instinctively knew that it had done something that would have huge consequences so it began to fly after the small green bird creature, in hopes to kill it and reverse whatever it had done.  But birds from the other world protected it, as did a group of dragonflies, blocking the earth bird from getting to the green one.  At that time, another bird from the other world came to ours and took a bite from one of our plants.  I'm uncertain if the birds partaking in each others' worlds' leaves was the beginning of the convergence of the two worlds, but I think probably so.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:09 pm

Kerrick wrote:Last night:  Behind my parents' house was a cascading waterfall maybe 30 feet tall that flowed up into this other world above ours.  The other world was like a shell around ours, yet there was still blue sky and sunlight (I'm not sure exactly how).  It was lush and green - a tropical rainforest of sorts.  There was a little girl who was asking a being from the other world questions.  He looked like an average human male, maybe 30 years old.  Throughout the duration of my dream, it was as if they were narrating it.  She asked if the two worlds will ever converge and he said yes they would, and it will be beautiful.  He also explained how the plant leaves are the life-blood for the peoples of their respective worlds and that they cannot intermingle.  But as he was saying that, a bird from our world flew up to the other world and took a bite out of a leaf.  The green leaf then turned into a small green bird of its own and flew away.  The earth bird somehow instinctively knew that it had done something that would have huge consequences so it began to fly after the small green bird creature, in hopes to kill it and reverse whatever it had done.  But birds from the other world protected it, as did a group of dragonflies, blocking the earth bird from getting to the green one.  At that time, another bird from the other world came to ours and took a bite from one of our plants.  I'm uncertain if the birds partaking in each others' worlds' leaves was the beginning of the convergence of the two worlds, but I think probably so.

I don't claim to be any kind of dream interpreter, but this one is very interesting.

Perhaps the two worlds represent the physical realm that we live in, and the spiritual realm that we can not see with our fleshly eyes.

Perhaps the little girl asking questions represents the bride of Christ praying and wanting to know the truth.

Perhaps the two world represents Heaven coming to earth.

Perhaps the leaves represent the Tree of Life (Revelation 22:2).

Perhaps the bird who flew up and took a bite represents the violent taking the Kingdom by force (Matthew 11:12).

The green leaf turning into a small green bird =  scratch

Perhaps the earth bird wanting to kill the other bird represents the actions of the violent.

Perhaps the birds from the other world protecting the earth bird represents the Heavenly angels.

Perhaps the dragonflies represent the earth helping the woman (the church)...(Revelation 12:16).

Perhaps the bird who came to partake of our earthly leaves represents antichrist.

Perhaps your idea that this begins the two world coming together is correct.

Again....I do not claim to be a dream interpreter. I don't ever try to interpret dreams, but this one seemed interesting and did seem to draw from the Scriptures.

If this dream truly does have a meaning for you, No man can tell you what it means.

Only God can do that.

Very interesting dream, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:18 pm

Well, my first thought, with the waterfall and the world-within-a-world, was NARNIA!!!!!!!!! Razz "Further up and further in!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:51 pm

lol!  LemonMouse!  I always knew I had a secret portal to Narnia...  jocolor

Thanks Mortal!  My first thoughts were very much similar to yours.  Though as I've been thinking about it more... I feel like it could be the unification of two people, ideals, business entities, or something along those lines.

The worlds:  One was familiar and the dream even took place at my parents' house where I grew up.  The other was foreign but also beautiful and good.  So perhaps the convergence of two entities, one familiar and one foreign.

The waterfall:  The pre-existing connection between the two worlds - perhaps the means by which the two people/entities know one another already

The leaves:  Emotions, thoughts, or beliefs

The birds:  Words, friends, peers

What is interesting to me, if assuming this interpretation, is that while the convergence of the two worlds would indeed be "beautiful," then why did the bird try to stop what it had started?  Could it be of a good thing but not the opportune time?  Or could it be the hesitation/resistance to change?  Or...?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:51 pm

I dreamt I was in the pet shop, and they rearranged everything. All the merchandise were in the drawers, instead of on shelves. But nothing was organized, not even by animal (dog, cat, fish, small animal, etc.). Madness.

But they had installed TVs, everywhere. No matter where you looked, there was always a screen. Rolling Eyes

Then somehow the dream shifted into a musical number.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:19 pm

Time to necro an old thread!

The other night I had a totally wild dream that involved this bird-woman spy and her vampire children, a mysterious cave with weird bone-like structures, murderous men in suits, a passenger jet which came to life and breathed fire like a dragon, and funnel clouds that'd explode anyone they touched into grey mist.

I used to have similarly bizarre dreams much more frequently.  But after this one, I'm rethinking of possibly starting again to write that continuous story which would tie many of my dreams together...  I've been toying with that idea for years now.  Perhaps this winter will offer a good opportunity to do so.  Smile

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next