The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hercules - Against New World Order (2024)

+4
Kerrick
strangerhoncho
BaleMaster
nightbreaker33
8 posters

Go down

Hercules - Against New World Order (2024) Empty Hercules - Against New World Order (2024)

Post by nightbreaker33 Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:56 pm

Hello! My name is Stamatis and I play bass in Hercules. We are an epic metal band from Athens Greece and we recently released our new album "Against New World Order"! It is available for streaming on the NWOTHM Full Albums Channel. It is also available digitally on Bandcamp. We also released it as a limited edition of 50 factory pressed Jewel Case CDs. I posted this on this forum because it has some lyrics with christian content.

https://herculesgr.bandcamp.com/album/against-new-world-order

https://www.facebook.com/bandhercules

You can get our new CD by contacting: bandhercules@gmail.com

nightbreaker33
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Hercules - Against New World Order (2024) Empty Re: Hercules - Against New World Order (2024)

Post by BaleMaster Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:15 pm

Don't much care for your band name (it's the name of a Nephilim), but welcome!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

bodachi and 1620 like this post

Back to top Go down

Hercules - Against New World Order (2024) Empty Re: Hercules - Against New World Order (2024)

Post by strangerhoncho Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:44 am

BaleMaster wrote:Don't much care for your band name (it's the name of a Nephilim), but welcome!
What are you talking about?  Hercules is just a figure from Greek mythology known for his strength.  One of the most common mythological figures of all time.  And this band is from Greece.

The Nephilim are only mentioned extremely briefly in the Old Testament twice, and there is no connection to Greek heroic tales or figures.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Staybrite, Kerrick, Pethead, Pro-Zak, TZ75, StevenCressler and nightbreaker33 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:46 pm

Welcome!  Thanks for posting about your band; they sound pretty cool.  Can you tell us more about the project and maybe its lyrical themes?

As for the Nephilim... that's a new one to me too!  I don't see any biblical evidence for them being anyone other than the offspring of believers marrying unbelievers.  But that's a topic best suited for the Theology Realm...   Cool

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider, strangerhoncho, Pethead, StevenCressler and nightbreaker33 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by nightbreaker33 Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:09 am

Kerrick wrote:Welcome!  Thanks for posting about your band; they sound pretty cool.  Can you tell us more about the project and maybe its lyrical themes?

As for the Nephilim... that's a new one to me too!  I don't see any biblical evidence for them being anyone other than the offspring of believers marrying unbelievers.  But that's a topic best suited for the Theology Realm...   Cool

Hercules were formed in 2015 by Chris Andreadakis in Athens, Greece. It was a one man band until 2024, when I joined in the role of bass. We play epic heavy metal and have released 11 independent albums. Right now we are competing in a tournament in Athens, where the winner gets to record a 4-track EP on the studio for free and a free video clip. The band has found a drummer but we are focusing more on live shows and rehearsals at the moment After that we will be working on our next work, which will include real drums and we are aiming to release it with a label only. Our lyrics usually talk about the battle of light versus darkness (Warlords of the Sun) but we also include segments from greek mythology (Sack of Troy), the bible (Babylon the Great), some Manowar-style songs (United Against False Metal Trend, Bastards Crawl with Rock n' Roll).

nightbreaker33
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

strangerhoncho and Kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:48 am

strangerhoncho wrote:
BaleMaster wrote:Don't much care for your band name (it's the name of a Nephilim), but welcome!
What are you talking about?  Hercules is just a figure from Greek mythology known for his strength.  One of the most common mythological figures of all time.  

LIES! HERESY!!

Hercules is Roman.

Heracles is Greek.

Rock on 1
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:05 am

MagnusPrime wrote:
strangerhoncho wrote:
What are you talking about?  Hercules is just a figure from Greek mythology known for his strength.  One of the most common mythological figures of all time.  

LIES! HERESY!!

Hercules is Roman.

Heracles is Greek.

Rock on 1
What about Hercule Poirot? I think he was Belgian.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:43 am

Pethead wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:
strangerhoncho wrote:

LIES! HERESY!!

Hercules is Roman.

Heracles is Greek.

Rock on 1
What about Hercule Poirot? I think he was Belgian.

Oh yeah?

What about Hercules Hernandez?

Not Greek or Roman or Belgian!

Hercules - Against New World Order (2024) Hercul11
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:41 pm

nightbreaker33 wrote:
Kerrick wrote:Welcome!  Thanks for posting about your band; they sound pretty cool.  Can you tell us more about the project and maybe its lyrical themes?

Hercules were formed in 2015 by Chris Andreadakis in Athens, Greece. It was a one man band until 2024, when I joined in the role of bass. We play epic heavy metal and have released 11 independent albums. Right now we are competing in a tournament in Athens, where the winner gets to record a 4-track EP on the studio for free and a free video clip. The band has found a drummer but we are focusing more on live shows and rehearsals at the moment After that we will be working on our next work, which will include real drums and we are aiming to release it with a label only. Our lyrics usually talk about the battle of light versus darkness (Warlords of the Sun) but we also include segments from greek mythology (Sack of Troy), the bible (Babylon the Great), some Manowar-style songs (United Against False Metal Trend, Bastards Crawl with Rock n' Roll).

Right on!  I look forward to checking the music out more.  In the meantime, please make yourself at home here!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by nightbreaker33 Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:17 pm

Kerrick wrote:
nightbreaker33 wrote:

Right on!  I look forward to checking the music out more.  In the meantime, please make yourself at home here!
Thank you and everyone else for the warm welcome! I've been listening to Christian Metal for only 4 years and I myself I'm planning to release a christian metal album, so I might find something useful such as insight on lyrics in this forum or search for other bands to listen to. If you know any bands similar to: Rob Rock's Driver, Titanic, Flames of Fire and Leviticus, I would appreciate if you sent me a link so I can get inspiration from their music and lyrics.

nightbreaker33
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Christian metal Horde, Kerrick and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:46 pm

Right on!  Musically you might enjoy:

7th Servant
Adorned Graves
Bloodgood
Thee Final Chaptre
Fires Of Babylon
Holy Tide
Kreyson
Narnia
Place Of Skulls
Rob Rock (solo material)
Sardonyx
Signum Regis
Theocracy
Warlord

Lyrically, I'd start with Theocracy as they've got some of the best IMO.  Sardonyx, Place Of Skulls, and Narnia also have very strong lyrics.  Most folks here have a general disdain for vague and cryptic lyrics; we like them bold and clear!  I love it when bands pull directly from Scripture or at least have Scripture references.

I'd caution you with how theologically deep you get in your lyrics.  While some fans will appreciate your music all the more, you're likely to alienate other potential listeners.  i.e. if you have specifically Protestant lyrics, Catholic listeners might dismiss you, etc.  That being said, I wouldn't want you to not go with your convictions; if folks don't like what you've got to say, so be it!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Christian metal Horde, BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian metal Horde Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:41 am

Welcome here brother. I promote christian metal as admin of
https://www.instagram.com/christianmetalhorde?igsh=ZHl5ZzlqazUxaXRz

Will look into your music, very curious about your new upcoming project
Christian metal Horde
Christian metal Horde
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.instagram.com/christianmetalhorde?igsh=ZHl5ZzlqazUxa

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:55 am

Hercules - Against New World Order (2024) 200.gif?cid=d7b8fdd31tbvn7uqvb6pe253wl2pqdxa3rpemuo5pv3vpr7g&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime and nightbreaker33 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down