The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2024 lineup to Deliverance

+12
Pro-Zak
Temple of Blood
cailen
StevenCressler
Drawnsword
Pethead
Black Rider
average joe
deathisgain
Airola
TZ75
Lex Metalis
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2024 lineup to Deliverance Empty 2024 lineup to Deliverance

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:18 pm

2024 lineup to Deliverance AlhwU6xdIiwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, TZ75, BaleMaster, Dustofyears, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

2024 lineup to Deliverance Empty Re: 2024 lineup to Deliverance

Post by TZ75 Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:59 pm

I’m actually surprised George Ochoa is back! 

I’m super happy about it, but he is known to have disagreements with Jimmy. They both are very driven and artistic people. 

Hopefully this reunion lasts for a few albums! 

I’m sad Jim Chaffin left… he was a good fit.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:53 pm

Here's Glenn's initial post about it:

2024 lineup to Deliverance Glenn10

2024 lineup to Deliverance Glenn210

Jimmy later posted this:

2024 lineup to Deliverance Jimmy10

I think we can read between the lines that Glenn wasn't happy about the way he was fired from the band but he is very diplomatic with the post, and Jimmy probably wasn't too happy either that Glenn broke the news early - hence the mention of them having supposed to announce news later and that nowadays we can't keep secrets.

Both parties are very diplomatic about all of it and give praises for their talents so that's good.

While a sudden firing via an email is not something that I appreciate much (it was the ugly thing in Ted firing Luke too), but I can understand Jimmy's choice of not having Glenn and Jim in the next album if he really is going for more of the "middle era" sound than anything else, or for something completely new. I don't think Glenn fits much at all for that kind of music, he is much more a "Hirax" type of a player. Jim was absolutely perfect for The Subversive Kind. Jim really elevated that album higher with giving it such an nice raw and aggressive feel with his drumming style. It is one of the rare albums where I can specifically point to the drums being a special part of the album. But that type of drumming doesn't fit for albums like River Disturbance etc.

Jimmy has always had a great chemistry with George as he says.
Just watch this and tell me they don't have a special spark when they are together:

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

BaleMaster, Dustofyears, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:37 pm

If something comes out of this, I just am not holding my breath that it will be on the level of their previous work. Some of the last albums that came out of Deliverance were supposed to be returns, but just didn't pay out for me.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Black Rider, cailen and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:40 pm

“I have always took great care to preserve the Deliverance Brand and make sure to not repeat the past for sake of demand.”

Always seemed like a nonsensical and contradictory take. Have you really tried to protect it? Same ol’ story or excuse for not attempting to make another thrash/speed album. Is not the lack of care to preserve the “Deliverance Brand” the reason why the largest segment of the fan base was alienated by not even attempting to produce an actual D worthy album in 33 years? Asking for a friend.

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:03 am

average joe wrote:Same ol’ story or excuse for not attempting to make another thrash/speed album.

The Subversive Kind was exactly that though. For some reason Jimmy doesn't seem to like it much even though he was very excited about it at first.

I think As Above So Below and Hear What I Say were more like Stay of Execution which had one full on thrash blaster (Entombed), a couple of thrashy songs and the rest being mid tempo "hard rock" or goth groove metal or whatever the Deliverance genre from Learn onwards was. Both, As Above & Hear What I Say had the one or two thrashers and the rest was from the mid era Deliverance. But The Subversive Kind was a thrash album from beginning to end.

For me as time has passed I feel As Above & Hear What I Say are close to the bottom of the list of Deliverance albums. They're not bad but I rarely listen to them and when I do it's usually just a few songs. But for me The Subversive Kind is up there with the best of Deliverance. It feels like a legit follow up to What a Joke, with maybe a bit of punk rock attitude and a certain kind of a raw feeling that we hadn't really heard from Deliverance before. It wasn't Weapons 2 but I feel the salesmen were right when they said it's their Reign in Blood. I'm not much into Reign in Blood, but I get the reference and while it doesn't have a single song that would be as good as Angel of Death and Raining Blood the whole album is miles better than the rest of Reign in Blood. There's very little bloat in The Subversive Kind and it feels it's constantly on point. It's a short and sweet thrash record I can easily listen twice (or even thrice) in a row.

It's pretty tough to try to imagine what Jimmy might be meaning with going for something new and maybe unexpected. I'm not sure what there is to explore without going to the territory of his solo or other projects.

I'm really glad there is going to be another Deliverance record nevertheless.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead, BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:33 am

Subversive kind was missing hooks. It's not bad but I think As Above and Hear are better
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

cailen and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:13 am

I think those three are their weakest albums, although any D album is at least decent.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:34 am

As Above could be really good with better production.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

cailen, Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drawnsword Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:00 pm

This is great news! Looking forward to the new album. I think George and Jimmy will write something awesome! I've grown to enjoy all eras of D. Gotta get that remaster of Subversive with the bonus tracks soon.
Drawnsword
Drawnsword
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://drawnswordgraphix.blogspot.co.nz/

cailen and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:33 pm

Pethead wrote:I think those three are their weakest albums, although any D album is at least decent.
Camelot is their weakest imo, but it's still good.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

cailen and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:33 pm

From a musicians and fan perspective and from the D-history:

All guys that worked with Deliverance are very talented musicians by their own. 
Most of them contributed their talent to the band. 
But the first albums sound to me as the result and collaboration of all of them, like a real band.
They all worked out the songs of the big D together (from what I know).
Also these were the times of youth and euphoria when speed and thrash was created and something new and fresh.

I think since "stay of execution" it is more than a solo project of a grown up person in the balancing act
between his own musical visions and pleasing the fanbase. Which is nothing bad but the spirit is not the same.
I think Eraserhead in the opposite has some very good and special moments because it sounds more real or true to me.
These moments I am missing on the latest Deliverance albums.

The first albums have a special spirit and atmosphere which the lastest albums are lacking.
As above so below and hear what I say have some of the best lead guitar work and were precisely and accurately played - 
Phillips - Brown strength
(but the songwriting is a bit weaker imo)
The subversive kind has some very tight drumming and wah wah solos which we love but it sounds to much forced to be a thrash album. Fast forward with less inspiration: The rhytm guitars are very uncomplex or simple imo.

I am looking very forward to the new Deliverance album. If the whole members involved, the whole band takes their time to work things out it will surely be a special one. They all have their experience and talent and if they work things out together it will become something new with special moments and atmosphere.
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:04 pm

average joe wrote:“I have always took great care to preserve the Deliverance Brand and make sure to not repeat the past for sake of demand.”

Always seemed like a nonsensical and contradictory take. Have you really tried to protect it? Same ol’ story or excuse for not attempting to make another thrash/speed album. Is not the lack of care to preserve the “Deliverance Brand” the reason why the largest segment of the fan base was alienated by not even attempting to produce an actual D worthy album in 33 years? Asking for a friend.

I remember when there was faux outrage and pearl-clutching about me criticizing his choice of t-shirts.  Where does this rank on that scale?  We're not allowed to say these things.

I think collaborating with Ochoa again means that this has the potential to be another D classic.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:51 pm

With Ochoa back in the band, I’m hoping they hit a home run with the next album. 

I know it won’t be “thrash”… but that doesn’t mean it won’t be a good album.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:58 pm

Assimilation is by far the worst! 🤢🤮
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Superjuice likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:07 pm

Pro-Zak wrote:Assimilation is by far the worst! 🤢🤮
Assimilation is an amazing album full of great melodies and well-written lyrics. I understand why most people don't love it as much as I do, but I don't understand at all why people hate it.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:26 pm

Because it's mostly boring techno lite. It also is where he started getting into Jewish mysticism.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pro-Zak and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:37 pm

Black Rider wrote:Because it's mostly boring techno lite. It also is where he started getting into Jewish mysticism.
There's a couple electronic noises... so what? Also I only see slight hints of Jewish mysticism in the lyrics, nothing enough to make me like it less.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:50 pm

No one said you can't like it but you always act surprised others don't like it that much. I was explaining why.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pro-Zak likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:02 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
Black Rider wrote:Because it's mostly boring techno lite. It also is where he started getting into Jewish mysticism.
There's a couple electronic noises... so what? Also I only see slight hints of Jewish mysticism in the lyrics, nothing enough to make me like it less.

Lol, at that time Jimmy couldn't even use the name "Jesus", had to be "Yeshua!" In the notes he talked about "unlearning everything he knew", and relearning under that heretical teaching. I think he has moved on from that phase, no idea as to what his beliefs are today. I liked it initially, but it never grew on me, just didn't age well. Not all that crazy about anything he's done since the return of Deliverance, it's ok, but the last album I really liked was Camelot.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:21 pm

Black Rider wrote:No one said you can't like it but you always act surprised others don't like it that much. I was explaining why.
I wasn't meaning to sound so defensive lol, sorry about that. I'm just expressing confusion. That does kind of make sense though. I appreciate the explanation.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:23 pm

Pro-Zak wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:

Lol, at that time Jimmy couldn't even use the name "Jesus", had to be "Yeshua!" In the notes he talked about "unlearning everything he knew", and relearning under that heretical teaching. I think he has moved on from that phase, no idea as to what his beliefs are today. I liked it initially, but it never grew on me, just didn't age well. Not all that crazy about anything he's done since the return of Deliverance, it's ok, but the last album I really liked was Camelot.
That does make sense. I also don't see why people don't like the stuff after Assimilation. People not liking A as much as the other stuff makes sense if they don't like that style (though I do find outright hatred of it confusing).
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:26 pm

Camelot is the last Album I heard right through. I like Camelot. Assimilation I listened to the first few songs and threw it out the window lolz (no offense Steven each their own of course) The others I haven't heard I'm not that worried about it tell the truth I just like up to Camelot.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pro-Zak likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:37 pm

Dustofyears wrote:Camelot is the last Album I heard right through. I like Camelot. Assimilation I listened to the first few songs and threw it out the window lolz (no offense Steven each their own of course) The others I haven't heard I'm not that worried about it tell the truth I just like up to Camelot.
None taken lol. Though I think you should check out the new three, but that's just me. If you want my recommendations from each album would be (3 each)

ASSB: Cause & Effect, Should We Cross Paths, My Love
HWIS: The Annals of Subterfuge, Angst, Nude
TSK: The Black Hand, The Fold, Concept of the Other
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:48 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:Camelot is the last Album I heard right through. I like Camelot. Assimilation I listened to the first few songs and threw it out the window lolz (no offense Steven each their own of course) The others I haven't heard I'm not that worried about it tell the truth I just like up to Camelot.
None taken lol. Though I think you should check out the new three, but that's just me. If you want my recommendations from each album would be (3 each)

ASSB: Cause & Effect, Should We Cross Paths, My Love
HWIS: The Annals of Subterfuge, Angst, Nude
TSK: The Black Hand, The Fold, Concept of the Other
Cool i'll check them out cheers.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content