The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2024 lineup to Deliverance

+12
Pro-Zak
Temple of Blood
cailen
StevenCressler
Drawnsword
Pethead
Black Rider
average joe
deathisgain
Airola
TZ75
Lex Metalis
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2024 lineup to Deliverance - Page 2 Empty Re: 2024 lineup to Deliverance

Post by seth Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:36 am

Pro-Zak wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
Black Rider wrote:Because it's mostly boring techno lite. It also is where he started getting into Jewish mysticism.
There's a couple electronic noises... so what? Also I only see slight hints of Jewish mysticism in the lyrics, nothing enough to make me like it less.

Lol, at that time Jimmy couldn't even use the name "Jesus", had to be "Yeshua!" In the notes he talked about "unlearning everything he knew", and relearning under that heretical teaching. I think he has moved on from that phase, no idea as to what his beliefs are today. I liked it initially, but it never grew on me, just didn't age well. Not all that crazy about anything he's done since the return of Deliverance, it's ok, but the last album I really liked was Camelot.
Nothing inherently wrong with using Yeshua, that was how His name was actually said (Jesus is an anglicized version). The whole Jewish mysticism thing is concerning though
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:40 am

And for some reason there’s something about industrial rock/metal that gives me creepy/unsettling vibes. More so than any other genre I’ve heard. Maybe from the often dissonant, unnatural sounding electronic effects. This quality isn’t quite as strongly present in what little of Assimilation I’ve heard though, compared to some other industrial music
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:03 am

seth wrote:And for some reason there’s something about industrial rock/metal that gives me creepy/unsettling vibes. More so than any other genre I’ve heard. Maybe from the often dissonant, unnatural sounding electronic effects. This quality isn’t quite as strongly present in what little of Assimilation I’ve heard though, compared to some other industrial music
I think the electronic-ness of the album is exaggeratted a lot. The title track is the only one I'd call a full electronic metal song, the rest is still very industrial, but more from the vocal and riffing styles.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:14 am

Being an English speaking American, I will continue to refer to Christ as Jesus. I don’t feel God requires anyone to say it the original way (Yeshua). 

I don’t see the point… unless we all start speaking Hebrew or Aramaic as our main languages. It’s kinda like someone speaking “Spanglish”.  

If someone feels saying names in the original language brings them closer to God, then more power to them. 

If you pray to God and actually say “God”, he’s not going to ignore you because you didn’t say YHWH.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:21 am

Assimilation>Brainchild
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:27 am

Brainchild > Assimilation
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:28 am

Of course there's nothing wrong with using the name Yeshua, just like there's nothing wrong with using Dio or Allah instead of God. However, it is concerning when you think that you have to. As for industrial metal, love some of it, especially Circle of Dust!
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:32 am

Post Momentary Affliction also had a bit of industrial metal influence. 

Bands like Mortal and Circle of Dust were popular back then.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pro-Zak, BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:37 am

I don’t understand why anyone would hate on Assimilation or Brainchild. 

Just two albums that were doing heavy music differently from the norm. Maybe playing the same style is stagnant to them. They inject new elements to keep it fresh. It’s usually a phase, but sometimes can become a recurring thing. JPB seems to juggle a few bands to satisfy his need of musical diversity.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:47 am

TZ75 wrote:I don’t understand why anyone would hate on Assimilation or Brainchild. 

Just two albums that were doing heavy music differently from the norm. Maybe playing the same style is stagnant to them. They inject new elements to keep the musical landscape from Tom much of the same thing.

Brainchild I love, just don't think that Assimilation is very good. Same with Disengage by CoD, rather bland.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:49 am

I like the way Betrayal used some industrial elements on their albums.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:52 am

Pro-Zak wrote:
TZ75 wrote:I don’t understand why anyone would hate on Assimilation or Brainchild. 

Just two albums that were doing heavy music differently from the norm. Maybe playing the same style is stagnant to them. They inject new elements to keep the musical landscape from Tom much of the same thing.

Brainchild I love, just don't think that Assimilation is very good. Same with Disengage by CoD, rather bland.

I never owned Assimilation, but from the samples I heard, it’s not bad. It’s just not “Deliverance”. It should have been released as a solo project. 

I’m not a fan of Disengage. I only like the first two CoD albums. Also, Klank’s Still Suffering album is pretty good.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pro-Zak likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:41 pm

TZ75 wrote:I like the way Betrayal used some industrial elements on their albums.

Never liked them, the riffs just aren't there for me, sounds chaotic and disjointed. I do like their early stuff, under a different moniker I believe..
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:47 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Pro-Zak wrote:

I never owned Assimilation, but from the samples I heard, it’s not bad. It’s just not “Deliverance”. It should have been released as a solo project. 

I’m not a fan of Disengage. I only like the first two CoD albums. Also, Klank’s Still Suffering album is pretty good.
I'm personally glad it was released under the Deliverance name because otherwise I likely would have not heard it.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:12 pm

Pro-Zak wrote:
TZ75 wrote:I like the way Betrayal used some industrial elements on their albums.

Never liked them, the riffs just aren't there for me, sounds chaotic and disjointed. I do like their early stuff, under a different moniker I believe..

I love their debut Renaissance by Death. It has some cool and spooky “chamber music” elements. Kinda sounds like a blend of South of Heaven Slayer and Disney’s Haunted Mansion.

Last edited by TZ75 on Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:12 pm

This new coming album is great news for me. 

I am a huuuge fan of Deliverance, so even though I don't know what to expect musically, all of their albums have grown old better, just like wine.

I am surprised and glad George Ochoa is back with the band. Many Morales is an obvious choice due to the long time in Deliverance.
Regarding the Drummer, i don't know why Jim Chaffin left, he did a great job on the last album.

Quick remark about assimilation, it is my least favorite of D, but if Jimmy decide in the future to redo an album, like Camelot, I hope he goes for Assimilation. Good songs in it, it is just difficult to like due to metal industrial style.

Let's see how it goes, but I am full of good hopes.

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:18 pm

George performed with them last year at the Immortal Festival, so not too surprised by this.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:19 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Pro-Zak wrote:

I love their debut Renaissance by Death. It has some cool and spooky classical “chamber music” elements. Kinda sounds like a blend of South of Heaven Slayer and Disney’s Haunted Mansion.
That album frustrates me. There’s a lot of cool moments but a lot of the songs just don’t completely coalesce for me.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Temple of Blood and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:10 pm

Yeah, it's industrial lite. I think it'd be better if he'd gone all in.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:21 pm

Black Rider wrote:Yeah, it's industrial lite. I think it'd be better if he'd gone all in.
Now I get what you mean when you called Assimilation "techno-lite". That makes sense.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:36 pm

Pethead wrote:
TZ75 wrote:
Pro-Zak wrote:

I love their debut Renaissance by Death. It has some cool and spooky classical “chamber music” elements. Kinda sounds like a blend of South of Heaven Slayer and Disney’s Haunted Mansion.
That album frustrates me. There’s a lot of cool moments but a lot of the songs just don’t completely coalesce for me.

I like the diversity. It’s a quirky mashup of styles.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:25 pm

Assimilation is more along the lines of the guitar-heavy Rammstein industrial style.

Betrayal were great! Very progressive. Especially on Renaissance By Death. Both albums were excellent, though.

Only heard a few songs from Marcus Colon's "solo" version of the band. I think it was called Leaving Nevermore. I liked some of the melodies, but it didn't hold my interest at the time.

I think there was another one called In Remembrance Of Me, but I've never heard it.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75, BaleMaster and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:14 am

MagnusPrime wrote:Assimilation is more along the lines of the guitar-heavy Rammstein industrial style.

Betrayal were great! Very progressive. Especially on Renaissance By Death. Both albums were excellent, though.

Only heard a few songs from Marcus Colon's "solo" version of the band. I think it was called Leaving Nevermore. I liked some of the melodies, but it didn't hold my interest at the time.

I think there was another one called In Remembrance Of Me, but I've never heard it.

Jimmy has openly said he likes Rammstein. Looking back, it makes sense.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:16 pm

TZ75 wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:Assimilation is more along the lines of the guitar-heavy Rammstein industrial style.

Jimmy has openly said he likes Rammstein. Looking back, it makes sense.
He also covered Speiluhr on Hear What I Say! (Deluxe only, I think)
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2