The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"released upon the earth" tour lineup reunion??

+4
xMetalMarkx
metaldude
d@v!d
Temple of Blood
8 posters

Go down

"released upon the earth" tour lineup reunion?? Empty "released upon the earth" tour lineup reunion??

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:18 pm

Imagine how cool this would be...

Sort of like the former members of Death touring as "Death to All."

My word, it would be amazing for those of us who missed out on it.

Seeing George Ochoa play "White Throne." Heal Yeah.

sign me up.

Back to top Go down

"released upon the earth" tour lineup reunion?? Empty Re: "released upon the earth" tour lineup reunion??

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:48 pm

Except that Roger is alive and this would NOT have his blessing.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

"released upon the earth" tour lineup reunion?? Empty Re: "released upon the earth" tour lineup reunion??

Post by d@v!d Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:50 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:Except that Roger is alive and this would NOT have his blessing.
With Roger's beliefs, it's probably all the better not to have a 'blessing' from him. Wink
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:32 am

jaydeecrawson wrote:
Seeing George Ochoa play "White Throne." Heal Yeah.

sign me up.

I do love me some George, but take it from someone who saw it...you want Larry and Doug. The original lineup was extremely tight live.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:58 am

who cares if "Roger" approves?

it's a free country. those guys can play and do what they want and just call it a different name i guess.

of course, they never will but it's cool to dream about it.

And, I'm so sick of everyone being such p*****s about Roger. and being scared of him.

He's a human being for god sake. he bluffs anyway. i doubt he would even give a care legally.

And being scared about releasing unreleased live shows of VR is also lame.

I do respect Roger for being an apostate though.

I am as well. I also wish so bad he would release "Realms of Blasphemy." or do a satanic VR album

Hell Yeah.

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:50 am

I'm not "scared" but frankly it was his band and it does matter that he approves.

Rename it?  How is that different than what Once Dead did?  And why do you think this would turn out better?

I'm just pointing out that this would not have good will attached to it and that it's not really analogous to Death to All.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:38 pm

I'd pay again to see any incarnation of VR.
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:27 pm

"Once Dead" didn't work because they chose the wrong singer, love Devin, just not a good fit. Having said that, I still like the lp, but think they would've been better served w/Ult...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Throne of thorns Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:20 pm

jaydeecrawson wrote:who cares if "Roger" approves?

it's a free country. those guys can play and do what they want and just call it a different name i guess.

of course, they never will but it's cool to dream about it.

And, I'm so sick of everyone being such p*****s about Roger. and being scared of him.

He's a human being for god sake. he bluffs anyway. i doubt he would even give a care legally.

And being scared about releasing unreleased live shows of VR is also lame.

I do respect Roger for being an apostate though.

I am as well. I also wish so bad he would release "Realms of Blasphemy." or do a satanic VR album

Hell Yeah.
actually that would be cool to hear roger do another band. I dont care about satanic or christian message so much as I believe it is just lyrics which I am kind of like meh who cares what they say etc. Anyway Music wise would be awesome to hear a new album with a new band from roger.
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:43 pm

Not likely to ever happen, he's a scatterbrain, he couldn't make it happen when he tried, pretty sure he's put that to rest...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Galations6.7 Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:25 pm

Roger and I have been in "On and Off again" contact since 2004. He actually wanted me to play guitar for him again. I told him I would help him write and demo songs but that I wouldn't be in a band that was against Jesus. It ended fairly quickly after that. We've been in touch from time to time but I haven't spoken with him since early last year (his choice, I've called him numerous times and he has since changed his number) when he lumped me in with Hitler in one of his anti-Christian rants. I still have hopes that he someday would come back to Christ. As for a reunion, I know Johnny and Wagel would be into it but George wants no part in dealing with Roger again. And I can't blame him, there's a lot of history between those two that most do not know about. As for the 1st version on Vengeance being tighter. Yes, they were. They had tons of practice time before hitting the shows. We had two weeks to learn and play before we took off.  The first week was really rocky but we pulled it together really well. Pound for pound, musicianship wise it's pretty close. I have my thoughts on that but all in all they were DAMN GOOD!! I LOVE Larry's playing.
Galations6.7
Galations6.7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:11 pm

Galations6.7 wrote: We've been in touch from time to time but I haven't spoken with him since early last year (his choice, I've called him numerous times and he has since changed his number) when he lumped me in with Hitler in one of his anti-Christian rants. I still have hopes that he someday would come back to Christ.

We can pray and we can witness, but actually when I hear about or talk to apostates it really scares me about their possible greater judgment. The author of Hebrews has some pretty harsh things to say about people who once claim Christ but then deny him. It would be a scary thing to " fall into the hands of the Living God " after " trampling on the Son of God. "
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down