The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II

+11
Ammocas
Dustofyears
Airola
StevenCressler
seth
BaleMaster
Legitwafflez
Black Rider
Temple of Blood
Pethead
Christian Thrash Rules
15 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

JH vs. JPBII

James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 4 I_vote_lcap31%James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 31% 
[ 5 ]
James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 4 I_vote_lcap50%James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 8 ]
James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 4 I_vote_lcap19%James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 16

James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 4 Empty Re: James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:07 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
Christian Thrash Rules wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
Legitwafflez wrote:
Black Rider wrote:
Black Rider wrote:Dude, when it came out, so many were saying it added pop elements. Not like it's Journey or anything but it's definitely lighter than what they'd been doing.
Really? Sad But True and The God That Failed are some of their heaviest songs. The Struggle Within, Wherever I May Roam, Holier Than Thou. They are just as heavy as what came before.
😆 Glad some kid is here to set everyone else straight. If you think Sad But True is as heavy as the early stuff I don't know what to tell you.
Ah, leave the kid alone at least he's a metalhead and willing to give the old stuff a try. A lot of young people who started with whatever new band just view anything before 2010 as grandpa metal. Hats off to him

No. I refuse to be told from someone who just found out about vengeance rising today and mortification yesterday and Metallica two weeks ago, that I don't know what I am talking about when I lived though it. So no.
For your information I discovered Metallica two years ago, VR either 2 or 1 1/2 years ago. And Morty I've known about since I got into metal and don't care for that much.

yes that's what I mean by today, yesterday and two weeks ago.
I know it's mainly a joke. I know more about metal than a lot of other people that got into metal the same time I did. Partially because I study it a lot because I play guitar.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 4 Empty Re: James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II

Post by Dustofyears Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:08 pm

No I thought everyone else loved them and I was the only one that hates them. There's nothing in their music at all.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:11 pm

Dustofyears wrote:No I thought everyone else loved them and I was the only one that hates them. There's nothing in their music at all.
Now you know how I feel about Nirvana
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:12 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
Legitwafflez wrote:
Black Rider wrote:
Black Rider wrote:Dude, when it came out, so many were saying it added pop elements. Not like it's Journey or anything but it's definitely lighter than what they'd been doing.
Really? Sad But True and The God That Failed are some of their heaviest songs. The Struggle Within, Wherever I May Roam, Holier Than Thou. They are just as heavy as what came before.
😆 Glad some kid is here to set everyone else straight. If you think Sad But True is as heavy as the early stuff I don't know what to tell you.
Ah, leave the kid alone at least he's a metalhead and willing to give the old stuff a try. A lot of young people who started with whatever new band just view anything before 2010 as grandpa metal. Hats off to him

No. I refuse to be told from someone who just found out about vengeance rising today and mortification yesterday and Metallica two weeks ago, that I don't know what I am talking about when I lived though it. So no.
For your information I discovered Metallica two years ago, VR either 2 or 1 1/2 years ago. And Morty I've known about since I got into metal and don't care for that much.

I know it's mainly a joke. I know more about metal than a lot of other people that got into metal the same time I did. Partially because I study it a lot because I play guitar.

I'm sure you do and love it with a passion as a I can hear through your playing (which is good by the way). I've played guitar for years in all sorts of bands, and been into metal since forever (just about) and lived through most of it when it happened. I am just saying perhaps listen a little bit, that's all.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:12 pm

seth wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:No I thought everyone else loved them and I was the only one that hates them. There's nothing in their music at all.
Now you know how I feel about Nirvana
lolz
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:13 pm

It's swedish death metal mixed with progressive metal with 8-string guitars. Here's a good Christian album that is the same genre but different from Meshuggah that you may like better.  https://open.spotify.com/album/6XouRuwHDF9WOKZLK4Qyny?si=nGZHp0waSsKBgMCTGnLVQQ
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:15 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
Legitwafflez wrote:
Black Rider wrote:

I'm sure you do and love it with a passion as a I can hear through your playing (which is good by the way). I've played guitar for years in all sorts of bands, and been into metal since forever (just about) and lived through most of it when it happened. I am just saying perhaps listen a little bit, that's all.
The reason I didn't get into metal sooner is because I only have one family member that likes metal... and he's my age. My dad never went heavier than P.O.D. All my dad's friends who like metal think it's awesome/hilarious that his son loves metal.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:16 pm

It's swedish death metal mixed with progressive metal with 8-string guitars. Here's a good Christian album that is the same genre but different from Meshuggah that you may like better.  https://open.spotify.com/album/6XouRuwHDF9WOKZLK4Qyny?si=nGZHp0waSsKBgMCTGnLVQQ
Thanks but I'm not signed up with spotify
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:17 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWyU-obsoCM  Very Happy
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:20 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
Legitwafflez wrote:
Black Rider wrote:

The reason I didn't get into metal sooner is because I only have one family member that likes metal... and he's my age. My dad never went heavier than P.O.D. All my dad's friends who like metal think it's awesome/hilarious that his son loves metal.

It is awesome! In a world full of junk music, you picked one of the best genres ever. Never mind me about Meshuggah that's just personal taste, you enjoy what you enjoy. Hope to see you in a band some day Metal 2
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:22 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
It is awesome! In a world full of junk music, you picked one of the best genres ever. Never mind me about Meshuggah that's just personal taste, you enjoy what you enjoy. Hope to see you in a band some day Metal 2
I hope to see me in a band as well! The hard part is finding people. I'm most worried about a bass player and a singer.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:22 pm

Legitwafflez wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
I bought JF - SU (CD) because it's not on spotify.

This is why bands shouldn't put their full albums on YouTube, Spotify/etc.

A single purchase is worth thousands and thousands of streams.
I get it, personally buying CDs to collect dust is not worth it for me or finding the space. I try to support by going to concerts or buying a T-shirt. I purchased tshirts from Crimson Moonlight and Drottnar at Audiofeed a few years ago I seen the struggle firsthand as these guys were barely able to get the money to fly back home. They'll unfortunately probably never be able to return to the US again.

You can always purchase digital downloads too from a variety of places:  iTunes, BandCamp, Amazon, etc.  No problems with finding space.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Pethead and Legitwafflez like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:24 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
Black Rider wrote:It's not even the best Metallica album.
I honestly don't understand anyone putting Ride above Master and Justice... RtL is amazing of course, but it seems like the other two have everything it does but better...

Ride was more innovative.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Pethead, StevenCressler and Legitwafflez like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:26 pm

Dustofyears wrote:

I'm just into that modern sound, but it's not bad at all, it's still metal.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:27 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:
I honestly don't understand anyone putting Ride above Master and Justice... RtL is amazing of course, but it seems like the other two have everything it does but better...

Eh... RTL was the album that prog influences started popping up then MOP started embracing them more and AJFA fully embraced them. RTL is the closest album to KEA and the smallest jump in sound difference (not counting the jump from L to RL) AJFA was the most innovative of the first four imo.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:28 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:

Did you mean "not into"?
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:28 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
I hope to see me in a band as well! The hard part is finding people. I'm most worried about a bass player and a singer.

Specially if it's a Christian band in this day and age, imagine finding band members for that would be a mission. Happy metal journeys to ya
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:29 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:

Eh... RTL was the album that prog influences started popping up then MOP started embracing them more and AJFA fully embraced them. RTL is the closest album to KEA and the smallest jump in sound difference (not counting the jump from L to RL) AJFA was the most innovative of the first four imo.
I prefer both MoP and AJfA to RtL, but Ride was the biggest leap forward.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Temple of Blood, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:30 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:

Did you mean "not into"?

Yeah. I need slow my typing down lolz. I'm kind of stuck in the past and just listen to albums I grew up with mostly. The new metal stuff, that doesn't quite grip me...just getting old guess.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:33 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:

Did you mean "not into"?

Yeah. I need slow my typing down lolz. I'm kind of stuck in the past and just listen to albums I grew up with mostly. The new metal stuff, that doesn't quite grip me...just getting old guess.
I understand that. Most older Metalheads are like that. I like multiple metal genres most older guys hate (easycore, metalcore(not as much, one band really), djent) though thrash will always be my favorite subgenre.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Legitwafflez Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:38 pm

I think I listen to a more diverse catalog now than I did when I was a teenager. Of course there's more to choose from now but I try to give everything at least a chance. Try not to go down the road of "in my day" etc.

Legitwafflez
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Black Rider, Pethead and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:49 pm

Legitwafflez wrote:
seth wrote: Black album was definitely more “radio friendly” than what came before, but comparing it to Nirvana is just unfair 😂
I wasn't comparing them apples to apples but they fit in with the grunge scene as they slowed down and wrote more sing a long type songs
TQT "Crawl to China" is grunge, not TBA
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:52 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:

Did you mean "not into"?

I understand that. Most older Metalheads are like that. I like multiple metal genres most older guys hate (easycore, metalcore(not as much, one band really), djent) though thrash will always be my favorite subgenre.

I think what it really is, is that as you get older, you've kind of heard it all, I mean you really have, so it takes something extraordinary to knock you off your feet. So when I hear a new death metal band or whatever, it's just like, Oh, another one of those bands...  You're young and all these things are new and exciting, and that's a cool place be. ENJOY!

Last edited by Dustofyears on Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears, StevenCressler and Legitwafflez like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:52 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Black Rider wrote:
Sad But True is their second heaviest song behind TTTSNB. It's not opinion it's fact.
Hahahaha
Fine, what do you think are their two heaviest songs? Also hate me or not, St. Anger is their heaviest album overall.
St. Anger is proof that being heavy doesn't make something good lol

Heavy doesn't mean down-tuned and slow. SBT and TTTSNB are up there, but idk... I'd argue for Dyer's eve, but that's more fast than heavy.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:19 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
Black Rider wrote:
Black Rider wrote:
Sad But True is their second heaviest song behind TTTSNB. It's not opinion it's fact.
Hahahaha
Fine, what do you think are their two heaviest songs? Also hate me or not, St. Anger is their heaviest album overall.
St. Anger is proof that being heavy doesn't make something good lol

Heavy doesn't mean down-tuned and slow. SBT and TTTSNB are up there, but idk... I'd argue for Dyer's eve, but that's more fast than heavy.
I didn't say St. Anger is good Very Happy. Dyers Eve is arguably their thrashiest but speed doesn't = heavy.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next