The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II

+11
Ammocas
Dustofyears
Airola
StevenCressler
seth
BaleMaster
Legitwafflez
Black Rider
Temple of Blood
Pethead
Christian Thrash Rules
15 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

JH vs. JPBII

James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 3 I_vote_lcap31%James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 31% 
[ 5 ]
James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 3 I_vote_lcap50%James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 8 ]
James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 3 I_vote_lcap19%James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 16

James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 3 Empty Re: James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:05 pm

Legitwafflez wrote:Here's the thing with me on Metallica, every time I get asked what kind of music I'm into I get "oh I like metal too, Metallica, and when I mention other bands I get blank stares. It's not their fault they got huge but a lot of their fans don't believe there's anything else out there.
Yeah it's annoying. They have the huge fan base because they deserve it. They are actually worthy of their fame.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime, StevenCressler and Legitwafflez like this post

Back to top Go down

James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II - Page 3 Empty Re: James Hetfield vs. Jimmy P. Brown II

Post by Black Rider Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:10 pm

They have a huge fan base because they did the black album which is pop thrash and became a legacy band, kinda like KISS.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Temple of Blood, Pethead and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:12 pm

Black Rider wrote:They have a huge fan base because they did the black album which is pop thrash and became a legacy band, kinda like KISS.
Pop thrash? Really? I'm kinda sick of people saying stuff like this about TBA. It's heavy metal. Just because it's not thrash, doesn't mean it's poppy or rocky.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:16 pm

Dude, when it came out, so many were saying it added pop elements. Not like it's Journey or anything but it's definitely lighter than what they'd been doing.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:19 pm

Black Rider wrote:Dude, when it came out, so many were saying it added pop elements. Not like it's Journey or anything but it's definitely lighter than what they'd been doing.
Really? Sad But True and The God That Failed are some of their heaviest songs. The Struggle Within, Wherever I May Roam, Holier Than Thou. They are just as heavy as what came before.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Legitwafflez Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:22 pm

Black Rider wrote:Dude, when it came out, so many were saying it added pop elements. Not like it's Journey or anything but it's definitely lighter than what they'd been doing.
Agreed, us that lived through it were shocked at the time. We all expected Metallica to blow us away with something super heavy and nope they fit in with Nirvana and everything else that Mtv was airing then. James had said they were looking to write more catchy stuff, they had seen death metal take off and knew they wouldn't be the heaviest fastest etc. anymore

Legitwafflez
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Black Rider, Ammocas and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:23 pm

Black album was definitely more “radio friendly” than what came before, but comparing it to Nirvana is just unfair 😂
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:24 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:
Really? Sad But True and The God That Failed are some of their heaviest songs. The Struggle Within, Wherever I May Roam, Holier Than Thou. They are just as heavy as what came before.
😆 Glad some kid is here to set everyone else straight. If you think Sad But True is as heavy as the early stuff I don't know what to tell you.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Temple of Blood, Ammocas, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Legitwafflez Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:29 pm

seth wrote: Black album was definitely more “radio friendly” than what came before, but comparing it to Nirvana is just unfair 😂
I wasn't comparing them apples to apples but they fit in with the grunge scene as they slowed down and wrote more sing a long type songs

Legitwafflez
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:29 pm

Black Rider wrote:They have a huge fan base because they did the black album which is pop thrash and became a legacy band, kinda like KISS.

I tried explaining this to CTR about the black album being Heavy Rock with thrash elements in great detail while still being under the branch of metal. But It kinda went in one ear and out the other. This is exactly why Metallica are huge. They also blew the gate open for Metal, thus the reasons so many young people start with Metallica.

Mind you, when you're fifteen, Metallica are the only Metal band in the universe that matters (in a matter of speaking). Then a few years later you end up respecting them for what they've done for metal but it wouldn't bother most if they never listen to the again. They'll get there.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Legitwafflez Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:37 pm

Black Rider wrote:
😆 Glad some kid is here to set everyone else straight. If you think Sad But True is as heavy as the early stuff I don't know what to tell you.
Ah, leave the kid alone at least he's a metalhead and willing to give the old stuff a try. A lot of young people who started with whatever new band just view anything before 2010 as grandpa metal. Hats off to him

Legitwafflez
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Black Rider, Pethead, seth and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:42 pm

I do appreciate it, I don't appreciate being told I haven't listened enough to know what I'm talking about. Mostly I'm just joshing him, he's frenetic and hilarious.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, StevenCressler and Legitwafflez like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Legitwafflez Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:45 pm

Black Rider wrote:I do appreciate it, I don't appreciate being told I haven't listened enough to know what I'm talking about. Mostly I'm just joshing him, he's frenetic and hilarious.
I get it, glad these forums weren't around when I was a kid, hard telling what I would've said. 🤣

Legitwafflez
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 pm

Heck, most people my age are listening to stuff like Drake and Taylor Swift. I don’t even wanna know what crap most 15 year olds are listening to now. Instead of getting offended at younger people being slightly presumptuous, be glad they have good taste in the first place
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Pethead, Ammocas, StevenCressler and Legitwafflez like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:52 pm

Black Rider wrote:I do appreciate it, I don't appreciate being told I haven't listened enough to know what I'm talking about. Mostly I'm just joshing him, he's frenetic and hilarious.
I do that but that last post I didn't?
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:53 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Sad But True is their second heaviest song behind TTTSNB. It's not opinion it's fact.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:55 pm

I think we've all listened to enough Metallica by this point and don't need any reminders about what they sound like.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Pethead, Ammocas, StevenCressler and Legitwafflez like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:59 pm

Dustofyears wrote:

I tried explaining this to CTR about the black album being Heavy Rock with thrash elements in great detail while still being under the branch of metal. But It kinda went in one ear and out the other. This is exactly why Metallica are huge. They also blew the gate open for Metal, thus the reasons so many young people start with Metallica.

Mind you, when you're fifteen, Metallica are the only Metal band in the universe that matters (in a matter of speaking). Then a few years later you end up respecting them for what they've done for metal but it wouldn't bother most if they never listen to the again. They'll get there.
Not true for me. I have a 24+ hour playlist of just Christian Thrash, one sub-genre! Metallica is my favorite band for a reason, they have great music! (except for Lulu, but we don't talk about that one). I started with TBA and then got into the older stuff and I used to think "Everything after TBA sucks!" but I no longer believe that. TBA is definitely less thrashy than the 4 previous albums but that doesn't make it less heavy. Meshuggah is not thrashy really at all and they're one of the heaviest bands ever. Theocracy has super catchy songs that are that are more "sing-along" and they're pretty heavy.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:00 pm

Legitwafflez wrote:
Black Rider wrote:
Ah, leave the kid alone at least he's a metalhead and willing to give the old stuff a try. A lot of young people who started with whatever new band just view anything before 2010 as grandpa metal. Hats off to him

No. I refuse to be told from someone who just found out about vengeance rising today and mortification yesterday and Metallica two weeks ago, that I don't know what I am talking about when I lived though it. So no, I'll tell him how it was.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:01 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Sad But True is their second heaviest song behind TTTSNB. It's not opinion it's fact.
Hahahaha
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:02 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
Legitwafflez wrote:
Black Rider wrote:

No. I refuse to be told from someone who just found out about vengeance rising today and mortification yesterday and Metallica two weeks ago, that I don't know what I am talking about when I lived though it. So no.
For your information I discovered Metallica two years ago, VR either 2 or 1 1/2 years ago. And Morty I've known about since I got into metal and don't care for that much.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:03 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Black Rider wrote:
Hahahaha
Fine, what do you think are their two heaviest songs? Also hate me or not, St. Anger is their heaviest album overall.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:04 pm

Dustofyears wrote:

Not true for me. I have a 24+ hour playlist of just Christian Thrash, one sub-genre! Metallica is my favorite band for a reason, they have great music! (except for Lulu, but we don't talk about that one). I started with TBA and then got into the older stuff and I used to think "Everything after TBA sucks!" but I no longer believe that. TBA is definitely less thrashy than the 4 previous albums but that doesn't make it less heavy. Meshuggah is not thrashy really at all and they're one of the heaviest bands ever. Theocracy has super catchy songs that are that are more "sing-along" and they're pretty heavy.

Meshuggah lolz...so overrated that band. They sound like a flat tire spinning round and round in the mud.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:05 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
Legitwafflez wrote:
Black Rider wrote:

No. I refuse to be told from someone who just found out about vengeance rising today and mortification yesterday and Metallica two weeks ago, that I don't know what I am talking about when I lived though it. So no.
For your information I discovered Metallica two years ago, VR either 2 or 1 1/2 years ago. And Morty I've known about since I got into metal and don't care for that much.

yes that's what I mean by today, yesterday and two weeks ago.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:06 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:

Meshuggah lolz...so overrated that band. They sound like a flat tire spinning round and round in the mud.
................................................ I don't even know how to respond. I really hope you are only saying that because you think they're overrated so you are going to go with everyone else and say they are terrible.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next