The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New EP's from Jimmy Brown II coming soon. Pre-order 'Novella I'

+12
bodachi
crucifyd
average joe
alldatndensum
Follower of Jesus
Soldier777
eatbugs
MagnusPrime
Pethead
Black Rider
mothy
Lex Metalis
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New  EP's from Jimmy Brown II coming soon. Pre-order 'Novella I' Empty New EP's from Jimmy Brown II coming soon. Pre-order 'Novella I'

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:46 am

(From the official Jimmy P Brow II website)

NOVELLA 1

Novella is the first of a 4 Part E.P. Series from jpbii. An Exclusive Limited 225 CD’s signed and autographed by jpbii will be available for purchase. When they’re gone, they’re gone! 

Tracks:

The Warm Up
Have You Ever?
My Time
Stranger Than Fiction
Warszawa

jpbii - vocals, guitars, keys, percussion 
Larry Farkas - lead & rhythm guitars
Manny Morales - bass
Jim Chaffin - drums

Recorded, Produced & Mixed by: “jpbii” for Ping The Universe Production

Pre-Order here
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, mothy and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

New  EP's from Jimmy Brown II coming soon. Pre-order 'Novella I' Empty Re: New EP's from Jimmy Brown II coming soon. Pre-order 'Novella I'

Post by mothy Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:00 am

I saw that and am intrigued but would love to hear samples first. Gone are the days of blind buys.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider, Pethead, TZ75, MagnusPrime and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

New  EP's from Jimmy Brown II coming soon. Pre-order 'Novella I' Empty Re: New EP's from Jimmy Brown II coming soon. Pre-order 'Novella I'

Post by Black Rider Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:56 am

I'm with Mothy.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:07 am

I'm with Mothy and Black Rider.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:37 am

I'm with stupid
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:42 am

MagnusPrime wrote:I'm with stupid
I've been called worse.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, TZ75 and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:49 am

😆😆😆
Wait, who's he talking about?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:52 pm

I pre-ordered.  I'll be the canary in the coal mine for you guys.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:25 pm

Will this have thrash leanings? If its similar to the first 4 albums from the debut to Stay and As Above So Below and Subversive Kind I'm in!!! With Larry and Jim playing, I hope it is.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:34 pm

I’ll definitely check this out. Jimmy’s posted a couple of other solo tracks on YouTube and they’re terrific.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:04 pm

Soldier777 wrote:Will this have thrash leanings? If its similar to the first 4 albums from the debut to Stay and As Above So Below and Subversive Kind I'm in!!! With Larry and Jim playing, I hope it is.

I wouldn't count on that.  Jimmy had said that he was going to keep the thrashy stuff and his solo stuff separate from now on.  This will be more akin to Jimmy's previous album "Erasurehead" and the middle era of Deliverance.  For me, that is way better than the early thrash albums of Deliverance.  Thus, I am going to order this just because I loved his last album.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:09 pm

If you do order this, be sure to select the Media Mail option.  Otherwise, first class shipping will cost more than the CD itself will!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:42 am

The Erasurehead album didn't grab me at all but i love mid era Deliverance like Learn and Camelot.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:03 pm

Couldn’t care less if not speed/thrash metal. Why enlist the services of Farkas and Chaffin if not? Why not just spell out what it is and provide some snippets versus leaving it nebulous? And, why post on Deliverance Facebook if not speed/thrash?

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:30 pm

average joe wrote:Why enlist the services of Farkas and Chaffin if not? Why not just spell out what it is and provide some snippets versus leaving it nebulous? And, why post on Deliverance Facebook if not speed/thrash?
#1: Good question, but keep in mind Chaffin did the drums for the Amy Grant cover he put on YouTube.
#2: Even better question!!!  Every band should do at least snippets for every album.  This isn't the 90's and no one should have to blind buy anymore.
#3: Marketing and visibility.  I'm cool with this.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:39 pm

the original post in this thread is the first I've heard of this and I bought it immediately.
well, the next day, but I haven't heard a lick of it...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:00 am

I'd like to see a new Deliverance album. It don't have to be necessarily all Speed Metal like their older music or Subversive but maybe some Power Metal mixed in as well.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and mothy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:33 am

Of course I pre-ordered it, couldn't resist with the line-up for the recording.

I am curious about that new logo...is it a new faction from Cybertron? "Thrashformers: More Than Meets the Ear"
New  EP's from Jimmy Brown II coming soon. Pre-order 'Novella I' Screen12

Last edited by bodachi on Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:47 am

I’m waiting to hear a sample. I refuse to buy anymore music blindly. 

With that said, I think there’s a good chance that I’ll like it because it has Larry Farkas on guitar. Jim Chaffin is also a great drummer!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

mothy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:51 am

Soldier777 wrote:I'd like to see a new Deliverance album. It don't have to be necessarily all Speed Metal like their older music or Subversive but maybe some Power Metal mixed in as well.

I’d be fine with a new Deliverance album that had songs like Stay of Execution. One or two speed metal songs would be an awesome bonus!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:45 am

Here are two other new tunes from Jimmy that are probably indicative of the style of the new album. I don’t have any inside information. This is just a guess. I think these songs are pretty good.

https://youtu.be/bzTtHo9x5vA

https://youtu.be/PSXkkCx_TeM
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:29 pm

He said each series of releases will have a different theme. Some will be acoustic oriented, others probably mellow or electronic. Eventually some heavy stuff too.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:37 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:Here are two other new tunes from Jimmy that are probably indicative of the style of the new album. I don’t have any inside information. This is just a guess. I think these songs are pretty good.

https://youtu.be/PSXkkCx_TeMHav
Kind of a gothic/Bowie vibe, it's okay but not something I'd listen to much.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:39 am

Black Rider wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:Here are two other new tunes from Jimmy that are probably indicative of the style of the new album. I don’t have any inside information. This is just a guess. I think these songs are pretty good.

https://youtu.be/PSXkkCx_TeMHav
Kind of a gothic/Bowie vibe, it's okay but not something I'd listen to much.

Same!

If I want to hear Bowie, I’ll listen to actual Bowie. Laughing
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:43 am

Well, it definitely ain't Deliverance. I was HOPING for more thrashiness upon seeing the list of players, but this is definitely a jimmy p brown ii album. I've heard only snippets of the Eraserhead album, and this seems to compare favorably, but it's not my cup of sweet tea.
"All that to say this:" It's good rock with some hints of blues with Mr. jpbii's trademark (not gonna mention Bowie) vocals, it's definitely artistic, but it's not for me.

Last edited by bodachi on Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : incomplete thought)
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next