The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What’s a genre that IS popular here that you don’t like at all?

+8
alldatndensum
Black Rider
Constantine
StevenCressler
Superjuice
Temple of Blood
Pethead
seth
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What’s a genre that IS popular here that you don’t like at all? - Page 2 Empty Re: What’s a genre that IS popular here that you don’t like at all?

Post by Pethead Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:16 pm

CTR, you might appreciate some black metal that pulls more from the thrash end of the spectrum. Check out Anima Mortuum’s album Goat Destruction.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

What’s a genre that IS popular here that you don’t like at all? - Page 2 Empty Re: What’s a genre that IS popular here that you don’t like at all?

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:57 am

Is Tourniquet a genre? They’re talked about around here a lot, and I really can’t stand them at all.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Superjuice and Staybrite like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:10 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:Is Tourniquet a genre? They’re talked about around here a lot, and I really can’t stand them at all.
Yes, in fact, Tourniquet is a genre.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

seth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:15 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:Black Metal. It's terrible. The vocals are worse than whiny emo BMTH style vocals, and the instruments can be easily replicated by flushing a toilet.
What’s a genre that IS popular here that you don’t like at all? - Page 2 9k=

Sounds like you haven't listened to much Black Metal - perhaps the most diverse Metal sub-genre.

I wouldn't call Black Metal popular around here. Are there any other regular Black Metal listeners here besides CrimsonWarrior and I?
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:00 pm

Kerrick is into BM.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, Son of Nun and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:15 pm

^^So’s my 3 year old.

Oh, sorry, you mean black metal.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:57 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:Is Tourniquet a genre? They’re talked about around here a lot, and I really can’t stand them at all.
Matthew 3:8
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu May 09, 2024 10:45 am

Pethead wrote:CTR, you might appreciate some black metal that pulls more from the thrash end of the spectrum. Check out Anima Mortuum’s album Goat Destruction.
It's not bad. It still has that black metal atmosphere which I'm just not big on. I like it but it's just ok. Is this band Christian? That's my other big thing with BM. The biggest characteristic of BM is Satanism.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu May 09, 2024 10:51 am

Son of Nun wrote:
Christian Thrash Rules wrote:Black Metal. It's terrible. The vocals are worse than whiny emo BMTH style vocals, and the instruments can be easily replicated by flushing a toilet.
What’s a genre that IS popular here that you don’t like at all? - Page 2 9k=

Sounds like you haven't listened to much Black Metal - perhaps the most diverse Metal sub-genre.

I wouldn't call Black Metal popular around here. Are there any other regular Black Metal listeners here besides CrimsonWarrior and I?
I think Nu and Prog are the most diverse. Nu ranges from Limp Bizkit(bad), to Slipknot(ok), to Korn(goodish), to P.O.D(really good. I get they're more standard Nu metal though), to System Of A Down(amazing). And prog is everything from Dream Theater to Theocracy to Meshuggah.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu May 09, 2024 10:54 am

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:
Pethead wrote:CTR, you might appreciate some black metal that pulls more from the thrash end of the spectrum. Check out Anima Mortuum’s album Goat Destruction.
It's not bad. It still has that black metal atmosphere which I'm just not big on. I like it but it's just ok. Is this band Christian? That's my other big thing with BM. The biggest characteristic of BM is Satanism.
They are Christian.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu May 09, 2024 10:55 am

Prog is more a descriptor that can be applied to multiple genres than a genre in and of itself. And while I don’t intend to join the nu-metal haters bandwagon, it is most definitely not anywhere near the most diverse genre lol. Just because some bands are bad and others are good doesn’t make it extremely diverse
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu May 09, 2024 12:09 pm

Yeah, diverse doesn't mean diverse quality. Though Limp Bizkit being the same genre as Slipknot is pretty crazy.

While there might be some bias from me, thrash is pretty diverse. It can be melodic and just a step above NWOBHM, or almost death metal.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2