The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roger Martinez New Update

+9
Son of Nun
Pethead
seth
KaramKaram
Airola
BaleMaster
Dustofyears
TZ75
jaydeecrawson
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Roger Martinez New Update - Page 3 Empty Re: Roger Martinez New Update

Post by Dustofyears Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:18 pm

seth wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
Black Rider wrote:Seth, don't feed the troll.
Here's one here. this is the sort I am talking about. I know these kinds of Christians. What did Jesus call them again...

If heaven and the bible is real and God is true to his word, it'll come as shock who will pass through the pearly gates and those who thought they would and get turned away.
You are correct on that. Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!”

I don’t think Black Rider calling you a troll qualifies him for this treatment though.
That's not that the reason. lolz everyone gets called a troll if one does not agree with the other. It's the fruit and attitudes displayed. Not hard to see the hatred there. And this anger and hate is in the heart of many a christian, and the worse thing is, they can't see it. Again I'll end it there. Have a good day seth.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:23 pm

That's a lot of judgement for a couple interactions online. 😆
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnaliridescence Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:30 pm

Dustofyears wrote:Jimmy is. He's too good for religion, especially abrahamic religion, the worst and most destructive of them all, and all that comes with it. Many Christians are actually angry nasty people and can't even see it. It's kind of sad.
Does this forum have a "report" feature? If not, why can't I find it?

Mods, can you please do something about this headache already?

everyone gets called a troll if one does not agree with the other.
It's like a pathetic joke. "It's not trolling, I'm just stating my opinion in the most antagonistic and unnecessary way possible! Am I not allowed to do that??? Gosh, you guys are so mean!"
nocturnaliridescence
nocturnaliridescence
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Black Rider, TZ75, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:37 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
seth wrote:If there were no God, “good” would not exist. All that would matter would be that which facilitated propagation of the human species, and ensure survival of the fittest, and even that would not ultimately matter in the grand scheme of things. Even now, from purely human perspective, everyone has their own definition of “good,” which for many people are often very contradictory with one another. The most evil dictators throughout history most likely genuinely believed themselves to be good people, as did their supporters. “Religion” is, in essence, the perceived or actual set of definitions of what is “good” from an external, objective source (or deity). Without such an external reference, it cannot be objectively defined. Hence why “too good for religion” is an ironic statement.

And yes, it’s unfortunately true that many self-proclaimed Christians do not actually follow God’s definition of “good.” In fact, we all fail to some degree, some more than others. But to dismiss Christianity because of the behavior of self-proclaimed Christians who fail to follow Christ’s commands is like deciding you hate the Dallas Cowboys because a guy in a Cowboys hat flipped you off in traffic once (bad analogy I know, but you get the point)
That would be a good debate in the theology realm. What you have stated is the general idea and thoughts about Christianity. Yeah would make for a good debate if anyone was up for it in the theology department. Maybe some time. Most won't though, they'd rather run than talk. Almost like they fear something... I'll leave it at that. Have a good day Seth.
https://thecmr.forumotion.com/t14467-without-god-objective-good-cannot-exist#269496

Here ya go
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:51 pm

My point was it's not becasue I got called a troll...EVERYONE gets called a troll if the majority of the place is against you, so that's not the reason...a never mind go ahead twist and turn my words... can't be bothered explaining... see you soon Seth for a good debate.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:59 pm

Comes in a Christian music site, bashes Christians constantly then accuses people of being against you. 😆
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:18 pm

Enough with the riddles Dust…

What do you really believe (if not an atheist)? And why the unnecessary antagonism? 

Sometimes you seem alright, other times you are a pest.

*note*
I’m not anyone’s favorite here… but I don’t believe I’m deliberately antagonizing others on a regular basis. I actually am a believer and agree with most folks here.

Last edited by TZ75 on Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:21 pm

Here is the newest episode with David Prado from Martyr. 

He also talks about the pre-Tourniquet (Holy Danger) days with Guy and Gary. 

TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:31 pm

Dustofyears wrote:
seth wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:
Black Rider wrote:Seth, don't feed the troll.
Here's one here. this is the sort I am talking about. I know these kinds of Christians. What did Jesus call them again...

If heaven and the bible is real and God is true to his word, it'll come as shock who will pass through the pearly gates and those who thought they would and get turned away.
You are correct on that. Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!”

I don’t think Black Rider calling you a troll qualifies him for this treatment though.
That's not that the reason. lolz everyone gets called a troll if one does not agree with the other. It's the fruit and attitudes displayed. Not hard to see the hatred there. And this anger and hate is in the heart of many a christian, and the worse thing is, they can't see it. Again I'll end it there. Have a good day seth.

I like you but honestly your writings come off as condescending, mostly when religion is involved in a discussion. Sure, there might be a lot of Christians who do not see how much anger they have, but surely there's something you seem to be completely oblivious when it comes to being condescending too. When people have an issue with your writings it's not because you are criticizing peoples' beliefs but it's probably because of the way you do it.

That said, I don't really mind people being condescending. With a thick enough skin we can go past it and try to find the point from whatever is veiling it, be it angriness or condescending attitude or whatever. But it's of course tougher to get into the meat of the discussion if there's a ton of emotional, ideological etc layers to work through first, and it's good to know what extra layers we are putting in front of our arguments. And that's why I'd like you to notice your own possible faults in the way you interact with people, especially as you are calling out others for not seeing something they are doing.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead, TZ75, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:06 pm

The interesting thing about the latest Jimmy Brown episode is that he comes across like he’s bashing “Western Christianity” Christians. He has this elitist attitude that most of us are phony because we haven’t studied with a Jewish Rabbi or a teacher of another religion. We just get our sermon on Sunday and that’s it. I guess he doesn’t consider when we pray to God everyday. 

Sure, if I was going to be an outreach pastor or whatever, it would make sense to learn in-depth about other religions. But does it make us phony Christians if we don’t? I think his studies of Kabbalah has complicated his perspective of Christianity. John 3:16 is as simple as it gets and all God requires to be saved. Who knew the law inside and out? The Pharisees. 

God doesn’t expect all of us to be scholars.

Jimmy also smugly pointed out that the name Jesus translates to “the son of Zeus”. Apparently the apostle Paul used it to appeal to the Greeks. But even if that is true, doesn’t he think that God knows that the name is referring to Yeshua? 

I know Jimmy was pissed because some people were on his case that he changed a lyric to a Rez Band song. It’s all just really petty stuff. 

I’m still a fan of Deliverance and JPBii, he hasn’t gone off the rails completely like Roger did… but he is definitely not the same evangelical guy that wrote Weapons of Our Warfare. I think he’s more Messianic Jewish these days. Nothing wrong with that (as long as he still believes in Yeshua), but his condescending attitude towards westernized Christians is sad. 

John 3:16 is all it takes.

Last edited by TZ75 on Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:34 pm

I agree though studying the Kabbalah is concerning. That idea about Jesus meaning son of Zeus is from someone using it as Hey Zeus. It's childish really.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

TZ75, scottmitchell74 and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnaliridescence Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:48 pm

1) You are right, the "Jesus" / "Zeus" thing is indeed a fabrication. We can literally trace the origins of the name Jesus:

Yeshua in Hebrew -> Iesous in Greek -> Iesus in Latin -> Jesus in English

These changes come from how the name fit into each language's writing system.

By the way, those names written in Greek are "Ζεύς" and "Ἰησοῦς". Other than ending with "ς", these have nothing to do with each other.

2) I have researched other paths. You are absolutely correct. It is not necessary in order to be saved. Now, my personal conviction is that we should learn about other religions in order to properly understand how the devil deceives us (create a clearer balance between what is Christian and what isn't), but I understand not everyone sees it that way.

3) Many Messianic Jews reject important parts of the book of Revelation which Christ Himself tells us not to alter in any way. (For example many of them believe the devil isn't "evil", but rather an angel essentially "doing God's dirty work". This conflicts with Revelation promising us that the devil and his servants, demons, will be punished by God and cast into Hell.)
nocturnaliridescence
nocturnaliridescence
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Black Rider, TZ75, MagnusPrime and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:08 pm

The Bible needed to be translated to many different languages. Jesus is our translation of Yeshua. It’s the same person.

What is the best or correct way to address God? Jehovah, Yahweh etc…?

I just say: God or Father God.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:19 pm

Dust... Most of us don't really want you banned. Usually you're a cool guy. You've been supportive finding out I'm starting music. But you really can be pretty antagonistic at times. It really doesn't help you out anyone else. Everyone here is a valuable part of this community, but people who make the place less enjoyable to be eventually have to go. You're still here, and you have the chance to change. Do it before it's too late.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:31 pm

TZ75 wrote:The Bible needed to be translated to many different languages. Jesus is our translation of Yeshua. It’s the same person.

The Hebrew name usually translated “the LORD” is יהוה, which we can transliterate as YHWH. Most scholars believe the pronunciation to be Yahweh. Jehovah is almost certainly incorrect, as it is actually reading the vowels for Adonai, which means “Lord” or “my Lord” with the consonants for YHWH. 

The NT pattern is to use the title Lord for the divine name. Jesus teaches us to call God Father. Certainly using the word God is appropriate, as well. Stephen prays to the Lord Jesus, so that is also acceptable.

Hope that helps.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:34 pm

When it comes to discussing music, Dust is a cool cat! But once Christianity comes up, he gets weird (in a bad way). The word condescending sums it up.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:36 pm

Pethead wrote:
TZ75 wrote:The Bible needed to be translated to many different languages. Jesus is our translation of Yeshua. It’s the same person.

The Hebrew name usually translated “the LORD” is יהוה, which we can transliterate as YHWH. Most scholars believe the pronunciation to be Yahweh. Jehovah is almost certainly incorrect, as it is actually reading the vowels for Adonai, which means “Lord” or “my Lord” with the consonants for YHWH. 

The NT pattern is to use the title Lord for the divine name. Jesus teaches us to call God Father. Certainly using the word God is appropriate, as well. Stephen prays to the Lord Jesus, so that is also acceptable.

Hope that helps.

Yes, very helpful. 

I’m just a lowly average believer. LOL
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:49 pm

Let it be known that I don’t want Dust to be banned. 

I just want him to be more considerate and keep his personal animosity under control. 

Most of us are aware of what side of the fence certain people stand. Although it’s almost impossible to completely avoid butting heads on occasion, we can at least try to not intentionally disrespect others. And if we do… just agree to disagree and move on.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:52 pm

My escape route is usually attempting to use humor. Other times… abandon ship! Razz
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:37 am

Weapons of Our Warfare is a 10/10. 

I can’t figure out why Jimmy doesn’t like half of it. scratch
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:45 am

TZ75 wrote:Weapons of Our Warfare is a 10/10. 

Errmm, actually, by my calculations, it's a 9.13/10...

Jokes aside though, it's one of the best thrash albums (or just metal albums in general) out there, my current #3 behind Assimilation and And Justice For All
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:21 am

Can someone summarise Roger‘s, Jimmy‘s and the Martyr dudes most important statements (if any). I am not going to listen to all this but still want to be on top of all the gossip. 

And don‘t ban Dusty, that would only confirm his opinion of us nasty Christians. Love is our weapon, let‘s use it (one of the cheesiest lines by Whitecross, I cringed typing that).
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:00 am

StevenCressler wrote:
TZ75 wrote:Weapons of Our Warfare is a 10/10. 

Errmm, actually, by my calculations, it's a 9.13/10...

Jokes aside though, it's one of the best thrash albums (or just metal albums in general) out there, my current #3 behind Assimilation and And Justice For All

I can’t believe you put Assimilation ahead of it.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:05 am

Raegoul wrote:And don‘t ban Dusty, that would only confirm his opinion of us nasty Christians. Love is our weapon, let‘s use it (one of the cheesiest lines by Whitecross, I cringed typing that).

Well he should at least get another chance… but if he disregards the warning, he should get the “tough love”. 

If I’m not mistaken… he actually removed himself for several months and came back. It was one heck of a cool off period, but he behaved himself pretty well for a good while.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Raegoul and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:12 am

Raegoul wrote:Can someone summarise Roger‘s, Jimmy‘s and the Martyr dudes most important statements (if any). I am not going to listen to all this but still want to be on top of all the gossip. 

I don’t like homework assignments. 

A guy like Pethead would be perfect for your request. He can dig up or find almost any conversation from a long lost or forgotten thread! He’s the CMR librarian. LOL

The most you’ll get from me is that I’ll post the video here for convenience. Smile

It’s up to you to watch them.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Raegoul and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next