The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roger Martinez New Update

+9
Son of Nun
Pethead
seth
KaramKaram
Airola
BaleMaster
Dustofyears
TZ75
jaydeecrawson
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Roger Martinez New Update Empty Roger Martinez New Update

Post by jaydeecrawson Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:19 am

just when I thought it couldn't get any more offensive, unprofessional, immature and absurd, he pulls this:

https://youtu.be/hHPtJLZw5wU?si=y6ww-KLEzJgF85eQ

(be careful: there some profanity, etc)

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Roger Martinez New Update Empty Re: Roger Martinez New Update

Post by TZ75 Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:26 am

I just seen it yesterday. 

He looks like Roger Dale Martin! If it wasn’t for his unmistakable voice, I would never believe it’s the same guy! 

He also said he weighed 340 pounds before the cancer. I never knew that…
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:54 am

Excellent interview. Thanks for link. I doubt the album will ever happen but let's see how that goes.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:44 am

He always says he’s gonna record new stuff… but he never does. 

His partnership with Simon on bass is already on hold (probably indefinitely). Roger no longer has the lord’s blessing to record anything that will see the light of day. 

And if he does record a demo, it will be terrible. The guy has been out of the music biz for decades. I doubt he has practiced playing. He would need a pro guitarist to compensate.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:09 am

Fraudger loves the sound of his own voice...

Or was that Daddy Warbucks?

YOU DECIDE!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:11 am

Don't think it has anything to do with blessings. Glen Benton doesn't need God's Blessings and he's doing just fine. It's got more to do with his health, age and the fact, as you say TZ75, he' been outta the game for too long. Use it or lose it is more the case.

There's no way those two are making any album together lolz they be fooling themselves. However, Roger, from what I am gathering, is going to re-record new lyrics and vocals, So I am guessing, over the already recorded Human sacrifice album. That's what I gleaned from the interview anyway. Personally I don't think either thing is going to happen, it's just Roger being Roger. I hope he gets better. I really respect Steve Rowe for how he handled his walk, and still does, with cancer. He's a real warrior that guy.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Opeth3232 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:51 am

Always interesting to hear from him.

Sucks that he has cancer and I was sad to hear him wanting to be a parent but his wife never could get pregnant. That's hits me personally quite hard, as me and my wife are trying to have kid and time runs out. She got pregnant once but a terrible miscarriage at 3 months took our baby and I'm yet to get over from that.

I sort of understand him scolding his brother for apparently not taking care of his brother's child, especially now as I know Roger would've wanted to be a father but never could.
But...
Maybe I just don't understand how it is in the United States, and I don't know if Roger's brother has been bad for his kid in some other ways, but it felt Roger's main complain was that his brother didn't even buy a house for his kid. Like, excuse me? Maybe it's really a thing in the USA, but I don't think any parent has an obligation to buy their kids a house. To me demanding that is insane.

I also really really REALLY don't like the attitude of "we couldn't afford to have a child so we had an abortion", claiming that the kid's life would've been terrible so abortion was the right thing to do. As if being poor is not a life worth living. No-one knows how much the kid would've enjoyed whatever he would've had to live with. If you are poor and have a child it's your job to provide enough love for the child to make up for whatever you think is missing because of poorness. And you can share your love with zero cost.

And it's definitely not love to pre-emptively stop a speculative bad future by killing the child in the womb. Or "aborting a fetus/zygote/whatever", I don't care what words are being used there, it's essentially the same thing - ending the growing life of your offspring by either poisoning it or having it chopped and dragged out, there's no other way around it.

If he's openly shaming and insulting his own brother for not buying a house for his kid, maybe he had way too big expectations for what a good life must be in the first place. But then again he is a realtor, so maybe he wanted his brother to buy a house through him and he's angry he didn't. That's pure speculation of course, and kinda regret speculating on personal matters, but then again I'm kinda not because he was very harsh with his words about his own brother so I don't think critical speculation is too bad of a deal.

To end on a bit brighter note I really do empathize him with the wish of being a parent. I heard from his voice that he really wanted that to happen and that must've been very tough for him. I hope the doctors are able to get rid of the cancer too.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:59 am

I moved this thread, as this has nothing to do with the christian section.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Temple of Blood, Opeth3232 and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:51 pm

Airola wrote:Always interesting to hear from him.

Sucks that he has cancer and I was sad to hear him wanting to be a parent but his wife never could get pregnant. That's hits me personally quite hard, as me and my wife are trying to have kid and time runs out. She got pregnant once but a terrible miscarriage at 3 months took our baby and I'm yet to get over from that.

I sort of understand him scolding his brother for apparently not taking care of his brother's child, especially now as I know Roger would've wanted to be a father but never could.
But...
Maybe I just don't understand how it is in the United States, and I don't know if Roger's brother has been bad for his kid in some other ways, but it felt Roger's main complain was that his brother didn't even buy a house for his kid. Like, excuse me? Maybe it's really a thing in the USA, but I don't think any parent has an obligation to buy their kids a house. To me demanding that is insane.

I also really really REALLY don't like the attitude of "we couldn't afford to have a child so we had an abortion", claiming that the kid's life would've been terrible so abortion was the right thing to do. As if being poor is not a life worth living. No-one knows how much the kid would've enjoyed whatever he would've had to live with. If you are poor and have a child it's your job to provide enough love for the child to make up for whatever you think is missing because of poorness. And you can share your love with zero cost.

And it's definitely not love to pre-emptively stop a speculative bad future by killing the child in the womb. Or "aborting a fetus/zygote/whatever", I don't care what words are being used there, it's essentially the same thing - ending the growing life of your offspring by either poisoning it or having it chopped and dragged out, there's no other way around it.

If he's openly shaming and insulting his own brother for not buying a house for his kid, maybe he had way too big expectations for what a good life must be in the first place. But then again he is a realtor, so maybe he wanted his brother to buy a house through him and he's angry he didn't. That's pure speculation of course, and kinda regret speculating on personal matters, but then again I'm kinda not because he was very harsh with his words about his own brother so I don't think critical speculation is too bad of a deal.

To end on a bit brighter note I really do empathize him with the wish of being a parent. I heard from his voice that he really wanted that to happen and that must've been very tough for him. I hope the doctors are able to get rid of the cancer too.
I’m American, and it definitely isn’t standard for parents to buy houses for their kids, unless they’re really rich I guess. And I agree about the abortion thing, “no abortion means more children born in poverty” is a common argument from their side, and it basically amounts to “poor people are better off dead”
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick, Pethead and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:28 pm

Not sure why that channel has so many Roger interviews, given the channel name
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:32 pm

I’m still not sure why VR has so many rabid fans. I mean, I kinda get it for those who were there at the time since they were quite groundbreaking. But there are other Christian thrash bands more deserving of the adulation, IMHBAO.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider, Opeth3232, TZ75 and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:21 pm

Dustofyears wrote:Don't think it has anything to do with blessings. Glen Benton doesn't need God's Blessings and he's doing just fine. It's got more to do with his health, age and the fact, as you say TZ75, he' been outta the game for too long. Use it or lose it is more the case.

There's no way those two are making any album together lolz they be fooling themselves. However, Roger, from what I am gathering, is going to re-record new lyrics and vocals, So I am guessing, over the already recorded Human sacrifice album. That's what I gleaned from the interview anyway. Personally I don't think either thing is going to happen, it's just Roger being Roger. I hope he gets better. I really respect Steve Rowe for how he handled his walk, and still does, with cancer. He's a real warrior that guy.

Glen Benton never served the lord. Roger used to (whether it was authentic or not). Many people became Christians because of Vengeance Rising. No matter how hard Roger tries, he will never take the old albums out of circulation or undo the good message they spread to thousands of people. 

Once you knew the lord and walk away… it’s a very terrible thing. That’s the difference between Roger and Glen Benton. 

It’s a miracle Gary Lenaire softened his heart.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Opeth3232 and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:26 pm

Even if Roger redoes the vocals, I guarantee his voice is not what it was in the early 90’s. 

No one but a small batch of atheist pranksters will get a good laugh. It will be a crappy novelty item.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Opeth3232 and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:57 pm

Pethead wrote:I’m still not sure why VR has so many rabid fans. I mean, I kinda get it for those who were there at the time since they were quite groundbreaking. But there are other Christian thrash bands more deserving of the adulation, IMHBAO.
well they were the first band in the Christian world to sound like that. It was the closest thing thing to death metal and a shock to the system when they first came out. Who else sounded like kermit on steroids... then the there's the raw ham of the bone music and underrated and awesome lead work. They deserve every respect and accolade they get as a pioneering band in Christian metal and I'd argue as one of the most original unique metal bands to arise from the murky depths of Metal as a whole.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75, MagnusPrime and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:01 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:Don't think it has anything to do with blessings. Glen Benton doesn't need God's Blessings and he's doing just fine. It's got more to do with his health, age and the fact, as you say TZ75, he' been outta the game for too long. Use it or lose it is more the case.

Once you knew the lord and walk away… it’s a very terrible thing. That’s the difference between Roger and Glen Benton. 

It’s a miracle Gary Lenaire softened his heart.
Guess it depends who you ask. Far as I'm concerned Roger freed himself from the grips of religion... Fact remains it probably won't happen because of Roger's Health and the stretch of time not doing it. Heck he even got exhausted by doing the interview like he said at the end "it's no fun" as I imagine cancer wouldn't be...so how's he gonna be doing extreme vocals to undo all the Christian work... Time'll tell but I can't see it happening

On top of that who is his fanbase now that would make such a project worth doing for the time and money etc... he's lost his core base, that being christians. In the world he is nobody. SO there's that too.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:05 pm

I acknowledged they were groundbreaking. But groundbreaking =/= good. (E.g. Nirvana  Razz).

I like VR, and I think the musicians were great. But Roger’s vocals on the first two are unique because they’re uniquely horrible. VR is overrated, but overrated doesn’t mean bad.

They deserve credit for what they did and their albums are far from bad, but there are other Christian thrash bands who deserve some of the attention VR gets. (How many reissues of Human Sacrifice are we at now?)
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Opeth3232, Dustofyears and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:09 pm

First off I am glad you acknowledge Nirvana as groundbreaking. Well done. Secondly Roger's vocals are killer! And doubly Secondly there aren't that many Christian thrash albums that deserve the same attention. The ones that got the attention got it for a good reason.

Last edited by Dustofyears on Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:11 pm

Roger had a good death growl that he used on RutE. Much better than the gastroenteritis vocals we got on the first two.

VR is one Christian metal band I wouldn’t listen to if they weren’t Christian because the music just doesn’t stand up to the A and B tier secular thrash bands, IMHBAO.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:12 pm

I like all of them the guys mad! friggin kermit on roids just listen to white throne and tell me that's not Kermit on meth lolz
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:13 pm

I’m not sure why Kermit on meth would be appealing.

Although I’d probably watch that movie.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Dustofyears and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:18 pm

Cocaine Bear’s much-anticipated sequel, Meth Frog
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:21 pm

seth wrote:Cocaine Bear’s much-anticipated sequel, Meth Frog
I need to watch that movie. Also I'd watch Meth frog in a heart beat that sounds hilarious!
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:21 pm

Pethead wrote:VR is one Christian metal band I wouldn’t listen to if they weren’t Christian

I think this is probably true for me as well. When I first got into Metal again (this time as a Christian), I searched out pretty much any Christian Extreme Metal I could find. Now that the zealous early phase has calmed down, I've realized that I over-invested in some stuff that isn't great (or even good in the case of some other bands). Now, I think I need to pare down some of the various editions of albums I bought from bands like VR and Believer that I like somewhat (Believer a lot more than VR), but that I don't enjoy enough to need to have every edition of. With VR, I could stand to have one copy of Human Sacrifice on CD and vinyl. I didn't get into Once Dead at all and l and never listened to the other two. Human Sacrifice has its charms (enough for me to own it), but I've mentioned before it feels inauthentic and it's definitely not one of best Thrash records I've heard.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:23 pm

Oh I get it...now Roger is not a Christian lets hate VR...aha..aha..
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:24 pm

Dustofyears wrote:Oh I get it...now Roger is not a Christian lets hate VR...aha..aha..
Something I never said. I still loved those TQT albums even when Gary walked away from the faith.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next