The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new Believer re-release are coming, but the label needs some help...

+20
Hardcore Christian
Deadinside
KaramKaram
zelote
Black Rider
Raegoul
average joe
petrafan007
Temple of Blood
Ammocas
xMetalMarkx
crucifyd
Jetway777
Follower of Jesus
jaydeecrawson
Pethead
Airola
MagnusPrime
TZ75
Lex Metalis
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A new Believer re-release are coming, but the label needs some help... Empty A new Believer re-release are coming, but the label needs some help...

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:44 pm

(from Matthew - Bombworks/Retroactive Records)

Friends, we are getting ready to make a big announcement about BELIEVER....really big....but we are looking for bonus tracks for the SANITY OBSCURE album. Live or otherwise. The Stop the Madness PSA is not an option. They need to be good.
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

A new Believer re-release are coming, but the label needs some help... Empty Re: A new Believer re-release are coming, but the label needs some help...

Post by TZ75 Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:43 pm

It’s about time! I’ve been wondering if Believer was still together. 

Whatever the big announcement is… I hope they release a new album that is in the vein of the first two recordings (assuming the Sanity Obscure reissue isn’t the “big news”). 

But if that was the case, it wouldn’t be big news anymore… it’s got to be a record deal for a new album on Bombworks. 

Bring it on!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

A new Believer re-release are coming, but the label needs some help... Empty Re: A new Believer re-release are coming, but the label needs some help...

Post by MagnusPrime Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:19 pm

The last two installments of their abandoned 5 part thing from 2017?
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:23 pm

TZ75 wrote:if Believer was still together. 

Pethead would probably like a boring song like that.

Razz
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:24 pm

Yeah they were supposed to release a new album years ago and they released three sets of two singles for it, but didn't release the last two sets. Maybe that album is finally going to be released. Too bad though that those six already released songs had only one somewhat good song, one ok song and the rest did nothing for me. I've tried to give those song a chance many many times but it's a slog to get through them all.

Still hoping to hear the rest of the songs though.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:34 pm

MagnusPrime wrote:

Razz
Only if it were called “If Believer WERE Still Together.”
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

MagnusPrime, Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:38 pm

Pethead wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:

Razz

The'll only record it When The Love Is Right.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:10 pm

Pethead wrote:
MagnusPrime wrote:

Razz

Proper grammar ain’t no fun!  LOL
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:36 am

there is a live bootleg from that era that I used to have... maybe have been soundboard (ish) but it was still rough quality

I haven't heard it in years and years

Have no clue where to find it, but it's out there somewhere because I made CDR copies

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:53 am

I like Sanity Obscure and Dimensions but nothing else by this band.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetway777 Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:28 pm

jaydeecrawson wrote:there is a live bootleg from that era that I used to have... maybe have been soundboard (ish) but it was still rough quality

I haven't heard it in years and years

Have no clue where to find it, but it's out there somewhere because I made CDR copies
It's Probably this one Discogs says its Unofficial Live CDR-Cornerstone 1991.Sound Quality Is Horrible(DISTORTED)A new Believer re-release are coming, but the label needs some help... ODYtNDgxOS5qcGVn
Jetway777
Jetway777
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:47 pm

apparently Kurt Bachman said this about that bootleg:

An unauthorized bootleg with awful production value, hence why it is unauthorized.

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=78752
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:50 pm

There is a decent soundboard from Halloween 1989 that exists.  I know that the label has possession of a copy of it but I don't know what they plan to do with it, if anything?
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetway777 Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:28 pm

xMetalMarkx wrote:There is a decent soundboard from Halloween 1989 that exists.  I know that the label has possession of a copy of it but I don't know what they plan to do with it, if anything?
Never heard of that one before would LOVE to hear it someday?  ...I have full show of Believer @ Cornerstone 1990 that sounds pretty GOOD ...guitars are very loud and clear and upfront in the mix  , but its just an audience recording were a guy used a  very expensive stereo microphone plugged into a Sony walkman tape recorder. Very Happy
Jetway777
Jetway777
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:58 am

I wish stuff from this era would be officially released somewhere:

Yes, that IS Believer, believe or not.

It's almost like pre Cowboys from Hell era Pantera; the band doesn't want to talk about it and they seemingly aren't interested in releasing anything from that era.

Sometimes when I watch this video it's hard to believe that's THE Believer. Sometimes the white shirted guitarist looks like Kurt, sometimes he doesn't. I'm trying to see if the drummer looks like Joey but can't really ID him.

BUT! This show includes the instrumental song I.Y.F. which was released as a bonus song in Sanity Obscure's re-release. Ok, maybe the record label was confused and released a song by another Believer. It's an instrumental so there isn't Kurt's voice that would connect it to THE Believer 100% surely. Well, the same song was released in Believer's The Return demo from 1987, which also has the demo of Unite that was the opening track of Extraction from Mortality. So yeah, the band in the video is 100% THE Believer. Different singer and a bit more regular heavy metal stuff even though there's thrashy stuff and pure thrash in the set too. But it's THE Believer.

There was another band called Believer at the same time but the band in this video is not that. The song I.Y.F proves it 100%.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:16 am

Jetway777 wrote:
xMetalMarkx wrote:There is a decent soundboard from Halloween 1989 that exists.  I know that the label has possession of a copy of it but I don't know what they plan to do with it, if anything?
Never heard of that one before would LOVE to hear it someday?  ...I have full show of Believer @ Cornerstone 1990 that sounds pretty GOOD ...guitars are very loud and clear and upfront in the mix  , but its just an audience recording were a guy used a  very expensive stereo microphone plugged into a Sony walkman tape recorder. Very Happy

seems like a good material to the bonus tracks of the upcoming rerelease, Very Happy
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:54 am

Anybody know for sure what album(s) are being rereleased?
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:01 pm

Airola wrote:I wish stuff from this era would be officially released somewhere:

It's almost like pre Cowboys from Hell era Pantera; the band doesn't want to talk about it and they seemingly aren't interested in releasing anything from that era.

Sometimes when I watch this video it's hard to believe that's THE Believer. Sometimes the white shirted guitarist looks like Kurt, sometimes he doesn't. I'm trying to see if the drummer looks like Joey but can't really ID him.

BUT! This show includes the instrumental song I.Y.F. which was released as a bonus song in Sanity Obscure's re-release. Ok, maybe the record label was confused and released a song by another Believer. It's an instrumental so there isn't Kurt's voice that would connect it to THE Believer 100% surely. Well, the same song was released in Believer's The Return demo from 1987, which also has the demo of Unite that was the opening track of Extraction from Mortality. So yeah, the band in the video is 100% THE Believer. Different singer and a bit more regular heavy metal stuff even though there's thrashy stuff and pure thrash in the set too. But it's THE Believer.

There was another band called Believer at the same time but the band in this video is not that. The song I.Y.F proves it 100%.

The blonde vocalist looks similar to Mike Howe.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:25 pm

TZ75 wrote:

According to the comments on that video, the vocalist is Brian Nicarry who played guitar in Messiah Prophet.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetway777 Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:58 pm

A new Believer re-release are coming, but the label needs some help... 8730_photo
Airola wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

According to the comments on that video, the vocalist is Brian Nicarry who played guitar in Messiah Prophet.
That is 100% CORRECT It IS  " Brian Shannon Nicarry"&  He's Was The Rythmn Guitarist On The Master Of The Metal Album.......

Last edited by Jetway777 on Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jetway777
Jetway777
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:00 pm

“HOW CAN YOU RUN WHEN YOU’RE HIT?! DON’T BE A HIT AND RUN!”

(Sorry, I’m contractually obligated to post that whenever Messiah Prophet is mentioned.)
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

BaleMaster, Jetway777 and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:23 pm

When asked whether the members consider Believer a "Christian band" Daub replies in an interview with Metal Covenant in 2009: "Well, yes, and no... this is a difficult subject to approach for us. Ever since we formed Believer, Kurt Bachman and myself despised being limited to a certain belief or style of music. We did not like to be labeled or numbered. Whether it was our personal spiritual journey, or the type of music we played. We were called thrash, death metal, technical death metal etc. The key focus for us then and now is to just encourage people to think for themselves." Daub comments about the lyrics that "We always wrote about what was near and dear to our heart. On Extraction, we used Bible based themes and stories to express our intentions, but we did not want to preach."[32] "Well we never wanted to be known as a Christian band for one [laughs]. It was one of these things where it got out of control. With promoting records it was one of those things where the record company was like “Hey, here’s a slant. Something different. Something new and unique. Let’s go for that”. I’ve always tried to stay away from labeling the band. For me it’s a band, it’s entertainment. We even get called death metal some times even though I don’t think we resemble anything death metal-ish out there, but then again I have my own opinions on what death metal is. We just don’t want it to be one of those things where someone’s like “oh I hate thrash music, so I won’t like Believer”. You get labeled and we’re going to have to go through labels but we’re not really comfortable with any." says Bachman in an interview on MetalSucks.[33]]
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:08 pm

They’re just jealous because Tourniquet was better.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:43 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
When asked whether the members consider Believer a "Christian band" Daub replies in an interview with Metal Covenant in 2009: "Well, yes, and no... this is a difficult subject to approach for us. Ever since we formed Believer, Kurt Bachman and myself despised being limited to a certain belief or style of music. We did not like to be labeled or numbered. Whether it was our personal spiritual journey, or the type of music we played. We were called thrash, death metal, technical death metal etc. The key focus for us then and now is to just encourage people to think for themselves." Daub comments about the lyrics that "We always wrote about what was near and dear to our heart. On Extraction, we used Bible based themes and stories to express our intentions, but we did not want to preach."[32] "Well we never wanted to be known as a Christian band for one [laughs]. It was one of these things where it got out of control. With promoting records it was one of those things where the record company was like “Hey, here’s a slant. Something different. Something new and unique. Let’s go for that”. I’ve always tried to stay away from labeling the band. For me it’s a band, it’s entertainment. We even get called death metal some times even though I don’t think we resemble anything death metal-ish out there, but then again I have my own opinions on what death metal is. We just don’t want it to be one of those things where someone’s like “oh I hate thrash music, so I won’t like Believer”. You get labeled and we’re going to have to go through labels but we’re not really comfortable with any." says Bachman in an interview on MetalSucks.[33]]

If they didn't want to be labeled as a Christian band, then singing an acappella praise song as the opening and following that with a song called Jesus Rocks didn't really help Very Happy
Because that's exactly what they did in that early live show posted above.

They also released their The Return demo under a "HIS THRASHERS MUSIC" - I doubt the word "His" means something else than God.

To me it feels they were highly missionary at first and weren't shy to admit that. Even the quote "we used Bible based themes and stories to express our intentions" seems to back that up. But later they've been shy to be open about that.

So on a surface level those interviews in Metal Covenant and MetalSucks feel like they are deliberately downplaying their history as a "Christian metal band", but on the other hand I guess there's a point in questioning the need for labeling stuff that way. Basically the label Christian Metal serves mostly only people who are Christian already. It mostly helps Christians to choose bands for them, and helps non-Christians to avoid bands that might not interest them.

I mean, what is more effective? 1) Singing a "Jesus Rocks" song in a band that is just labeled by the music style, so that a thrash band among other thrash bands would have lyrics like that, or 2) Singing a "Jesus Rocks" song in a band that is labeled as a Christian Metal band first and a thrash band second.

It's kinda like if a band like Megadeth would be called War Metal, because they have many songs about war. In that scenario someone who dislikes songs about war wouldn't give them a chance. But when that music is called thrash metal then the war subject comes along with the music and at the very least a person who doesn't like the war subject might give them a chance.

So in that sense I kinda understand what they are saying. But I think they kinda still dance around the subject too much and use the "we don't want to be labeled" as an excuse to avoid the subject, and it quite easily makes people feel like they might be hiding something about their beliefs, which again turns off their old school fans who might've followed the band when they were doing songs like Jesus Rocks and singing praise hymns on stage.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Pethead, mothy and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetway777 Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:19 am

Lex Metalis wrote:
Jetway777 wrote:

seems like a good material to the bonus tracks of the upcoming rerelease, Very Happy
I gave audio to Matt @ Retroactive but I doubt he will use any of it because its not perfect.......But it's the BEST I've ever heard of any Live Believer..............
Jetway777
Jetway777
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next