The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martinn Simson's Destroyer Of Death release date to the 1st Full lenght!

+12
oldschooldoom
TZ75
Son of Nun
Black Rider
mothy
alldatndensum
Ammocas
Andreas89
Kerrick
Follower of Jesus
Frozen Fire
Lex Metalis
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Martinn Simson's Destroyer Of Death release date to the 1st Full lenght! - Page 2 Empty Re: Martinn Simson's Destroyer Of Death release date to the 1st Full lenght!

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:03 pm

2nd album of the year!

1st is Ghost Town by Narnia
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

oldschooldoom and Kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down

Martinn Simson's Destroyer Of Death release date to the 1st Full lenght! - Page 2 Empty Re: Martinn Simson's Destroyer Of Death release date to the 1st Full lenght!

Post by Kerrick Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:06 pm

I'm looking forward to hearing it!  I pre-ordered mine along with Signum Regis' new album which isn't set to be released until much later, so I'm gonna have to be patient...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:29 pm

I like it, but I gotta be honest. I don’t love it. It sounds like everything else out there. There are few hooks and hardly any really memorable riffs. It’s capably performed and produced. I just think songwriting is the weak point. Just my two cents. Others, I’m sure, will disagree.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:46 pm

The cost of the CD has been a big detractor for me.  Even after the price drop on Amazon, it is still $20.  So, I bought the downloads and will listen to this sometime this weekend.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:45 pm

First listen and it's just too... meh?

Rock and Lande are two of my 5-6 favorite vocalists, so I was hoping for more.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:52 pm

I agree with the meh, it's not bad but I started tuning it out. I'll give another couple listens to see if it grows on me.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:38 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:I like it, but I gotta be honest. I don’t love it. It sounds like everything else out there. There are few hooks and hardly any really memorable riffs. It’s capably performed and produced. I just think songwriting is the weak point. Just my two cents. Others, I’m sure, will disagree.

The two singles are the best tracks, not sure if the album will grow on me but a little disappointed  with it to be honest.  I want to love it but nothing else grabs me other than the 2 singles.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:29 am

Ah dang... The first two singles didn't really grab me but all the right elements were there so I pre-ordered anyways. Well now my expectations aren't too high so hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised!

Tyrant
Tyrant

oldschooldoom, mothy and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:36 pm

Same here. Hoping to listen soon.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

oldschooldoom and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:45 pm

Listening to it now, does anyone think the opening of Master of All sounds like a heavier version of Survivor's Eye of the Tiger? I almost expected to hear "Rising up, back on the streets,,"

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:54 am

WildWorld wrote:Listening to it now, does anyone think the opening of Master of All sounds like a heavier version of Survivor's Eye of the Tiger? I almost expected to hear "Rising up, back on the streets,,"

Yes! 😂
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:57 am

Now that you mentioned it, yes
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:19 pm

I’d say this is better than meh. I’d call it good. I just think the vocal hooks could be stronger.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:48 pm

Check out this new review from Torrential Riff:

https://youtu.be/OjUMPnxVFa8?si=jF15iJ1tmkrXAvwR
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2