The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destroyer of Death- Martin Simson (Featuring Rob Rock and CJ Grimmark)

+6
TZ75
Kerrick
oldschooldoom
Staybrite
Constantine
deathisgain
10 posters

Go down

Destroyer of Death- Martin Simson (Featuring Rob Rock and CJ Grimmark) Empty Destroyer of Death- Martin Simson (Featuring Rob Rock and CJ Grimmark)

Post by deathisgain Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:22 pm

There isn't much on this yet, but for fans of Rob Rock, it could be interesting.
https://jonomusic.com/artists/dod/

Destroyer of Death is the first single from Martin Simson’s DESTROYER OF DEATH, a project featuring Rob Rock (Project Driver, Impellitteri, Solo) and CJ Grimmark (Narnia, Rob Rock, Empire 21). A modern take on classic melodic metal, the song is packed with heavy rhythm guitars, searing solos and soaring vocals.

Martin Simson is a long-time heavy metal fan and musician, having played bass in several bands in southern California during the 1980s. He recently began writing music and lyrics, some of which caught the attention of guitar legend and friend, CJ Grimmark. Rob Rock, also a mutual friend, agreed to do the lead vocals, and Destroyer of Death was born.

Martin hopes the song will be well received enabling him to continue to create music and work with other iconic musicians.

Lineup:
Martin Simson: Bass

Featured Artists:
Rob Rock: Lead Vocals
CJ Grimmark: Guitars, keyboards, bass, vocals
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Destroyer of Death- Martin Simson (Featuring Rob Rock and CJ Grimmark) Empty Re: Destroyer of Death- Martin Simson (Featuring Rob Rock and CJ Grimmark)

Post by Constantine Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:18 pm

Did you download the song? It looks like he's distributing it through Dropbox and I don't want to take a download into my Dropbox account because I'm practically out of space. If there's any other way to access the song I would be interested in hearing it.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Destroyer of Death- Martin Simson (Featuring Rob Rock and CJ Grimmark) Empty Re: Destroyer of Death- Martin Simson (Featuring Rob Rock and CJ Grimmark)

Post by deathisgain Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:32 pm

Constantine wrote:Did you download the song?   It looks like he's distributing it through Dropbox and I don't want to take a download into my Dropbox account because I'm practically out of space.  If there's any other way to access the song I would be interested in hearing it.

The song is not out yet. I think it is slated for January 29th. Those downloads are for press release material.

There is a pre-save link:
https://orcd.co/destroyer-of-death?fbclid=IwAR2xDApMASJ2AjEJGDcBVWoLW7RwOZQq0Ac7_HU02jDyuEOyAh5AjCxHZwY
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:27 pm

Glad to hear Rob Rock is still recording music (outside of Impellitteri).  Looking forward to hearing it.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, bigtreads and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:16 pm

Sounds like the makings of a superband cheers
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:33 pm

I'm intrigued... and look forward to hearing the song once it's released!

I don't know why I never checked out Rob Rock's stuff much in the past, but after a mention in the Currently Listening To thread, I gave some of his material a listen and really dig it a lot...  Now his four albums are at the top of my want-list haha.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:55 am

Too bad no samples. I usually like anything Rob Rock is involved with.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:05 pm

Anything that Grimmark touches is worth checking out.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:25 pm

Kerrick wrote:I'm intrigued... and look forward to hearing the song once it's released!

I don't know why I never checked out Rob Rock's stuff much in the past, but after a mention in the Currently Listening To thread, I gave some of his material a listen and really dig it a lot...  Now his four albums are at the top of my want-list haha.

Holy Hell is the first album I listened to and still go back time after time. Rage of Creation and Eyes of Eternity are both solid as well.
deathisgain
deathisgain

Kerrick and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:44 pm

Right on.  Well now you know what to get me for my birthday.   Razz

Tyrant
Tyrant

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:37 pm

deathisgain wrote:
Kerrick wrote:I'm intrigued... and look forward to hearing the song once it's released!

Holy Hell is the first album I listened to and still go back time after time. Rage of Creation and Eyes of Eternity are both solid as well.

Holy Hell is definitely the most aggressive. Rage of Creation is the most diverse. Garden of Chaos is super solid and has the best production. Eyes of Eternity is my least favorite. All are consistently good. Eyes just doesn't stand out in any way.

I would seriously recommend Driver "Sons of Thunder" with his solo stuff. Exact same sound and a fabulous album.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:18 pm

Teaser video is posted!  And... it definitely lives up to its "teaser" name haha.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider and deathisgain like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:28 pm

Kerrick wrote:Teaser video is posted!  And... it definitely lives up to its "teaser" name haha.

Oh wow, yeah certainly just a "tease"
"Available January 29th on all major digital platforms"  
I gotta wonder if that means, no cd/vinyl for all those interested in "physical media" only?
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:44 pm

Welp, sounded good for what it was.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.electric40 Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:26 pm

In rotation now on White Throne Metal Radio...

It's pretty darn good..
mr.electric40
mr.electric40
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down