The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martinn Simson's Destroyer Of Death release date to the 1st Full lenght!

+12
oldschooldoom
TZ75
Son of Nun
Black Rider
mothy
alldatndensum
Ammocas
Andreas89
Kerrick
Follower of Jesus
Frozen Fire
Lex Metalis
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Martinn Simson's Destroyer Of Death release date to the 1st Full lenght! Empty Martinn Simson's Destroyer Of Death release date to the 1st Full lenght!

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:09 pm

PRESS RELEASE 

'ETERNAL REIGN', the debut album from Martin Simson’s DESTROYER OF DEATH, to be released on September 29th, 2023

Today, July 6th, 2023, American Melodic Metal Project “Martin Simson’s DESTROYER OF DEATH” announces the release of their debut album, Eternal Reign

Release date has been set for September 29th, 2023. The album will be released via JONO Music (Sweden), Martin Simson Music (USA) and Sound Pollution Distribution, and will be available on CD and all major digital platforms

Eternal Reign contains 10 tracks, eight featuring Rob Rock (Impellitteri, Solo) on lead vocals, and two tracks featuring Jørn Lande (MasterPlan, Solo) on vocals

Martin Simson is a long-time heavy metal fan and musician, who began writing music and lyrics in 2020, some of which caught the attention of guitar legend and friend, CJ Grimmark

The album will be released via Jonatan Samuelsson’s (Narnia, Starmen) label JONO Music (Sweden), Martin Simson Music (USA) and Sound Pollution Distribution (Sweden)

LINE-UP:
Martin Simson: Bass

FEATURED ARTISTS:
Rob Rock: Lead and backing vocals
Jørn Lande: Lead and backing vocals (Master of All)
CJ Grimmark: Lead, rhythm and acoustic guitars, keyboards and backing vocals
Rex Carroll: Intro and dueling guitar solos on 'Rapture'
Anders Köllerfors: Drums
Anders Johansson: Drums (Master of All)

Track listing:

1. Holy Ground 
2. Eternal Reign
3. Master of All (Extended Version)
4. Rapture (ft. Rex Carroll)
5. Never Surrender
6. Dragon Defeated
7. War Within
8. Destroyer of Death (Remixed & Remastered)
9. Glory to the King
10. Master of All (Remixed & Remastered)

Pre-Save/Pre-Add here: https://orcd.co/eternal-reign

Links: 
Album: https://orcd.co/eternal-reign
EPK:  
http://dod.jonomusic.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DestroyerOfDeath
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/MSDestroyerOfDeath
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DestroyerOfDea2

Martinn Simson's Destroyer Of Death release date to the 1st Full lenght! Fb_img19
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, oldschooldoom, Kerrick, Frozen Fire, Andreas89, BaleMaster, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Martinn Simson's Destroyer Of Death release date to the 1st Full lenght! Empty Re: Martinn Simson's Destroyer Of Death release date to the 1st Full lenght!

Post by Frozen Fire Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:04 pm

Great news! I always prefer one vocalist on a project rather than a host of them. Having two and really one on the majority is excellent. If this would have had 6-7 different vocalists I probably never would have bought it. I still don't own Signum Regis "Exodus" for that reason. The only time I really enjoy having many is when each plays a character like the secular project Ayreon.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

oldschooldoom, Fundy, Kerrick, Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Martinn Simson's Destroyer Of Death release date to the 1st Full lenght! Empty Re: Martinn Simson's Destroyer Of Death release date to the 1st Full lenght!

Post by Follower of Jesus Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:36 pm

I supported this thru Indigogo a couple of years ago. I hope they remember me and send it to me.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:39 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:Great news! I always prefer one vocalist on a project rather than a host of them. Having two and really one on the majority is excellent. If this would have had 6-7 different vocalists I probably never would have bought it. I still don't own Signum Regis "Exodus" for that reason. The only time I really enjoy having many is when each plays a character like the secular project Ayreon.

I'm generally the same way; too many vocalists disrupts the flow of an album and its cohesiveness.  That being said, Exodus is still a pretty solid album and you're missing out!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Ammocas and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:57 am

Hey they have CJ Grimmark from Preterist!
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Black Rider, Frozen Fire and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:45 am

Andreas89 wrote:Hey they have CJ Grimmark from Preterist!

He's a cool guy. Hope that could enter ina big band soon
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Frozen Fire, Andreas89, Pethead and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:19 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:I supported this thru Indigogo a couple of years ago. I hope they remember me and send it to me.
I did too. I’ve emailed with Martin a few times…he said that he will send me my cd when it becomes available. I’m sure he will fulfill all paid orders from Indiegogo. He’s a cool guy and responds to questions thru Indiegogo contact Email.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:47 pm

I see that with the presave deal that he is only offering digital.  Is he not doing CDs?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:50 am

^Yes he will be doing CDs, read the OP again Smile
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:37 pm

Andreas89 wrote:^Yes he will be doing CDs, read the OP again Smile

OK, I missed it in the announcement, but the pre-save link only has digital options.  That's why I asked.  He didn't give a link to any of the distributors who might carry a CD.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:42 pm

This has potential for AotY if the rest are like the singles
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:30 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

OK, I missed it in the announcement, but the pre-save link only has digital options.  That's why I asked.  He didn't give a link to any of the distributors who might carry a CD.

Click here to order the CD
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:06 pm

Lex Metalis wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Click here to order the CD

I may wait until Roxx or someone gets this in stock in the USA.  While the CD is only around $15, the shipping pushes it to $33.  That's steep when the shipping is more than the disc!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:03 am

Full review in portuguese here 

For fans of: Dio, Avantasia, Rage, Warrior, Rob Rock, Impellitteri, Joshua, Bruce Dickinson
Text by Sérgio R. Santos
Grade: 9.0
The debut work of bassist Martin Simson's project that will be released on September 29th is sensational! Bringing a bunch of musicians to accompany you, you can't be disappointed. Here we have none other than CJ Grimmark from Narnia on guitars and keyboards, Rex Carol from Whitecross on a solo in the song “Rapture”, Anders Johansson (yes, he himself was in Manowar, Hammerfall, Stratovarius, Yingwie Malmsteen etc.) on drums for “Master of All” and Anders Kollerfors (All for the King) on instruments on the other tracks.

But it's on the vocals that things take on epic proportions, as we have two legendary vocalists: Rob Rock who kills his ass on eight tracks and another heavy metal titan, Jorn Lande in an irreproachable performance on two tracks!!!
And my friend, this is the most recent record of Rob Rock's beautiful voice, and that fact alone makes any fan of good music jump with joy! Rob shows that it was not by chance that he has participated and continues to participate in countless bands and projects around the world, what a talent my friends!
Martin's compositions here let each musician shine, making listening a delight for the listener. From the first to the last of the ten tracks, making it a thankless task to single one out.
Songs like “Glory to the King”, which reminds Rob of Impellitteri or his solo career, with parts where his golden voice easily sings high notes, “Master of All”, which appears in two beautiful versions and Jorn Lande does very well with his voice, “Holy Ground”, with a beautiful bagpipe intro and a catchy chorus, “War Within”, where CJ Grimmark's characteristic guitars shine in his Narnia style and there are touches of AOR in the choruses.
“Rapture”, where Rex fries the guitars without mercy and has a classic 80s vibe chorus that will hook you in no time, “Dragon Defeated” which is heavy and epic and has a very striking solo and my favorite “Eternal Reign” title track where Rob abuses the treble, giving a vocal and melody lesson.
After so long waiting for this release, I assure you, reader, that this work is indispensable in your CD library! To get an idea, I listened to the album three times in a row without stopping! I hope some label releases this wonder around here.
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:53 am

Kills his ass? 😆 What did he have against his donkey?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and mothy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:03 pm

THis one and the new Motivik are things Im desperately waiting for
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:30 pm

Black Rider wrote:Kills his ass? 😆 What did he have against his donkey?

Google translate, sorry haha. But 'kick asses' would be a better term Very Happy
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and mothy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:11 pm

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Follower of Jesus, bigtreads and Kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:25 am

That teaser sounds great. Can’t wait!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:12 pm

It's available for pre-order on Amazon (for any of you heathens who support them  Razz).  At $24, it's not cheap though!  I'm hoping it'll be available elsewhere in the US - and for cheaper...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CBRZJJVL?ref_=cm_sw_r_apan_dp_CEEJN4XFPPJY3WPJMV9N_2

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:35 pm

I assume Roxx (CMD) will get some copies of this. Hopefully it will be less expensive.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:21 pm

I’m a Rob Rock fan, so I may get this. It’s in his style.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:35 pm

Ulterium Records has it for pre-order for a more reasonable price.  Smile  Shipping to the US isn't too bad from them either (especially if you bundle stuff up).  I may pre-order it along with the new Signum Regis...

https://ulteriumstore.com/collections/cds/products/martin-simsons-destroyer-of-death-eternal-reign-cd-edition-pre-order

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:02 pm

One more day!
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:38 pm

The name of this project/band is reminiscent of Hobbs’ Angel of Death.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next