The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mortification: Scribe Of The Pentateuch/2009 Re-record classics coming soon on Vinyl

5 posters

Go down

Mortification: Scribe Of The Pentateuch/2009 Re-record classics coming soon on Vinyl Empty Mortification: Scribe Of The Pentateuch/2009 Re-record classics coming soon on Vinyl

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:21 am

(From Soundmass website)

Continuing with our chronological release of Mortification albums on VINYL, Soundmass are happy to announce the LP release of ‘Scribe Of The Pentateuch‘, with the entirety of ‘Re-recorded Classics 2009‘ on the flip side.

With releases on label giants like Nuclear Blast and Metal Blade, albums like ‘Scrolls Of The Megilloth’ and ‘Post Momentary Affliction’ which are considered classics, world tours and a sound that is constantly being reinvented – having delved into death metal, grind, thrash, power metal, groove metal, classic metal and even a touch of punk – Mortification is a band that cannot be put in box.

…Which leads us to 2012 and Mortification’s 15th studio album ‘Scribe Of The Pentateuch‘, where the band continued experimenting with different sounds and styles. This is high energy thrash blended with the death metal Mortification is known for, along with a touch of doom, classic metal and NWOBHM. Citing influences like Arch Enemy, Pestilence, early Helloween, Master and early Death, this quality 26 minute EP will not disappoint long-time fans of the band.

11 years since its initial release, this is the first time ‘Scribe Of The Pentateuch‘ has ever been available on vinyl. Remastered for vinyl and with the original cover artwork of Esly Stampek (ex-Disney World artist) in full-sized splendour, this edition – a very limited pressing of 100 copies on black vinyl – is a must for fans of this pioneering Aussie band and any true metal enthusiast.

Side B of this vinyl contains ‘Re-recorded Classics 2009‘, originally released by Nuclear Blast on Mortification’s “Twenty Years In The Underground” anniversary CD. As the title suggests, this is 5 popular tracks from the Mortification catalogue re-recorded by their 2009 line-up. Given their predominant style at the time, with its evolved tuning and vocal style, these classics emerge with more of a thrash metal sound. They were the highlight of the original CD and a magnificent addition to this vinyl release.

TRACK LISTING:

Side A: Scribe Of The Pentateuch
Extradiefor
Scribe Of The Pentateuch
The Jaws Of Life
In Garland Hall
Weapons Of Mass Salvation
The White Death

Side B: Re-recorded Classics 2009
Nocturnal
Grind Planetarium
Impulsation
Hammer Of God
The Majestic Infiltration Of Order

Pre-order here
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Mortification: Scribe Of The Pentateuch/2009 Re-record classics coming soon on Vinyl Empty Re: Mortification: Scribe Of The Pentateuch/2009 Re-record classics coming soon on Vinyl

Post by Pethead Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:25 am

This ep let me down, sadly. It has its moments, but it's near the bottom if not at the bottom of my Morty favorites. 

Hope it does well, though.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Mortification: Scribe Of The Pentateuch/2009 Re-record classics coming soon on Vinyl Empty Re: Mortification: Scribe Of The Pentateuch/2009 Re-record classics coming soon on Vinyl

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:11 am

Pethead wrote:This ep let me down, sadly. It has its moments, but it's near the bottom if not at the bottom of my Morty favorites. 

Hope it does well, though.

Same here.The production is very poor and thin, and the drummer is very awful. Another line-up would be a little more with these songs
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:23 am

Yep. And it’s unfortunate because I really like Lincoln Bowen’s work on the 90s albums. But he couldn’t save this release, IMO.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider and Lex Metalis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:44 am

Pethead wrote:Yep. And it’s unfortunate because I really like Lincoln Bowen’s work on the 90s albums. But he couldn’t save this release, IMO.

Totally true. Don't seems that was Lincoln playing... Steve, with all of his health issues was the best player
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:47 am

One more thing: 

I think that would be more honest the live tracks from the 2013 re-release of Scribe appears on the B-side than the 2009 rerecorded songs. This last need the the star of his own reissue, haha
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:40 pm

Huge Mortification fan! Enjoy them all to some degree...but yea, this and the last one felt a bit like Steve phoning it in. I don't think his heart was in it anymore, and just squeezed out a couple before he called it quits.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:23 pm

I love Mortification. I’ve been keeping up with the vinyl releases as they come out. This is my least favorite Morty album. To buy this from Soundmass, it would cost between 55-58 US DOLLARS when converted from British Pound Sterling. I can’t justify this. It will be the hole in my Morty vinyl collection.face palm
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:25 pm

Sweet mercy. Yeah, I’d give that a miss too.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:55 pm

I don’t care about vinyl, but I would be interested in a re-release on CD for both albums.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down