The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bride: New single + infos about the pre-order of Are You Awake

+12
Ammocas
strangerhoncho
BaleMaster
Pethead
P86ninja
Fundy
Raegoul
Drawnsword
alldatndensum
Black Rider
Follower of Jesus
Lex Metalis
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bride: New single + infos about the pre-order of Are You Awake - Page 2 Empty Re: Bride: New single + infos about the pre-order of Are You Awake

Post by seth Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:39 pm

Billy Corgan has probably one of the most annoying voices I’ve ever heard
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite, Dustofyears and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Bride: New single + infos about the pre-order of Are You Awake - Page 2 Empty Re: Bride: New single + infos about the pre-order of Are You Awake

Post by seth Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:40 pm

I think Guy Ritter is kind of in a similar “love or hate” category. I love how he sounds on StB, but apparently quite a few others disagree
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:44 pm

seth wrote:Billy Corgan has probably one of the most annoying voices I’ve ever heard
Same catagory as Axl and dave Mustaine. love it or hate it no in between. But I like Billy's voice in the context of the pumpkins, because it suits the dreamy shoe gaze space rock they do and back in the very early years before fame it  separated them from other Goth bands when they played similar stuff to say The cure in 87/88 etc.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:45 pm

I’m ambivalent towards Guy’s vocals in general, but TQT rules. He’s a good singer, I just don’t really care one way or the other about his vocal sound.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:46 pm

The voice issue may be why, for the most part... ahem... I'm not a big Megadeth fan. 😐
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:46 pm

So Deth sells, but you ain’t buying?
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Kerrick, Dustofyears and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:48 pm

I honestly think GnR would have been much better with a different singer. Especially on songs like November Rain, which is a beautiful song whose quality is lowered considerably by Axl’s voice
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:49 pm

Pethead wrote:So Deth sells, but you ain’t buying?
I like Deth but in small doses. Same with Roses and Pumpkins. When the mood strikes the vocals hit differently. When not they can grate. Strange that.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:50 pm

I never minded Dave’s voice. But thrash isn’t typically known for angelic voices.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Dustofyears and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:51 pm

seth wrote:I honestly think GnR would have been much better with a different singer. Especially on songs like November Rain, which is a beautiful song whose quality is lowered considerably by Axl’s voice
Fair nuff Seth. I like it myself.  Have sentimental and nostalgic attachments with that tune also.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

seth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:51 pm

Pethead wrote:I never minded Dave’s voice. But thrash isn’t typically known for angelic voices.
Me neither, it’s definitely leagues above Axl Rose or Billy Corgan
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:53 pm

I think Ozzy also belongs in the category with those guys. I never liked his nasally voice either
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:56 pm

seth wrote:I think Ozzy also belongs in the category with those guys. I never liked his nasally voice either
Absolutely does. It's all the context they are in I think. So does Dale come think about it, especially those first two albums.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

seth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:25 pm

"We’re All Going To Die" is such an epic song.
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:34 pm

Fundy wrote:"We’re All Going To Die" is such an epic song.
That one refuses to ever leave my head.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:01 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:The voice issue may be why, for the most part... ahem... I'm not a big Megadeth fan. 😐
How did I not know this? Friendship over.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:28 pm

Black Rider wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:The voice issue may be why, for the most part... ahem... I'm not a big Megadeth fan. 😐
How did I not know this? Friendship over.

I knew it when I wrote it, but I had to come out and be true to my authentic self, speak my truth (to power) and stand up againt my oppressors.  

Neutral

Hangar 18 is one of my favorite songs.

For what it's worth. Thumbs up

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider, Pethead and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:26 pm

You're white, you are the oppressor.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:11 am

Black Rider wrote:You're white, you are the oppressor.

How dare you assume my ethnicitay!

I endeavor to be 5-10% of every thing!!

TBD at a unknown yet-to-be-determined time... I will be trans-ethicing... ing... in due time...
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider, Pethead and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:09 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Black Rider wrote:You're white, you are the oppressor.

How dare you assume my ethnicitay!

I endeavor to be 5-10% of every thing!!

TBD at a unknown yet-to-be-determined time... I will be trans-ethicing... ing... in due time...
Stunning and brave! ✊✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:57 am

Don't mistake this for being woke, I'm the lest woke person you'll meet.

Here some uncomfortable facts for you: Old boys club. Conservative right wing Christians (white)...why do I bother coming here (good question). I know better "Chrsitians" in the world!!! Think about it for those that can think outside the brainwashing. Facts on Christianity in the western world and why it exists—Right wing conservative white man's religion, gun in one hand, bible in the other (by force)....so yeah... Outta here. Can ban me if like Kerrick all good. If ya see this Drawn, see ya round.

Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:30 am

😂😂😂🤘💪santa

Funny when the actual racists expose themselves. 🤣

Last edited by scottmitchell74 on Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider and seth like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:40 am

Dustofyears wrote:Don't mistake this for being woke, I'm the lest woke person you'll meet.

Here some uncomfortable facts for you: Old boys club. Conservative right wing Christians (white)...why do I bother coming here (good question). I know better "Chrsitians" in the world!!! Think about it for those that can think outside the brainwashing. Facts on Christianity in the western world and why it exists—Right wing conservative white man's religion, gun in one hand, bible in the other (by force)....so yeah... Outta here. Can ban me if like Kerrick all good. If ya see this Drawn, see ya round.

Haha well that escalated quite quickly! Or... was this rant meant for another thread perhaps?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:21 pm

Dustofyears wrote:Don't mistake this for being woke, I'm the lest woke person you'll meet.

Christianity is not, and has never been a “white man’s religion.” Although the Jews were favored by God in the time before Christ, under the new covenant it is explicitly taught that racial distinctions are irrelevant. Jesus Himself was a middle eastern Jew, and anyone who acts racist in the name of God is directly disobedient to Him. Same with anyone who tried to convert others by force. As for “right wing conservative,” that is a label created by modern society and applied to some of the teachings of the Bible that go against the cultural zeitgeist. If choosing the ancient wisdom of the Bible over the bizarre, twisted philosophies of the modern world makes me a “far right conservative,” then so be it
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:39 pm

seth wrote:

Christianity is not, and has never been a “white man’s religion.” Although the Jews were favored by God in the time before Christ, under the new covenant it is explicitly taught that racial distinctions are irrelevant. Jesus Himself was a middle eastern Jew, and anyone who acts racist in the name of God is directly disobedient to Him. Same with anyone who tried to convert others by force. As for “right wing conservative,” that is a label created by modern society and applied to some of the teachings of the Bible that go against the cultural zeitgeist. If choosing the ancient wisdom of the Bible over the bizarre, twisted philosophies of the modern world makes me a “far right conservative,” then so be it
My reference was to "The white oppresser" comment above. I've noticed this kind of comment pop up now and then but let it go.That was more than flippant comment. That was made by someone with "interesting" feelings and thoughts. I know we live in a woke world, so don't mistake this as some ideological concept of modernity I've let seep into my mind. Far from it. I hate mainstream narratives normies suck in like milkshakes. My point was, Christianity was brought into the modern world through white people (not a racist statement, but a fact) through guns and bibles (force). Nect minute Jesus is also of white complexion with blond hair and blue eyes. This is ingrained in you, so you probably can't see it. I hope you do. Christianity is a complete joke. Now you go ahead and call me whatever. Have good Seth. Hope you escape the prison cell called religion like I have.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next