The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bride: New single + infos about the pre-order of Are You Awake

+12
Ammocas
strangerhoncho
BaleMaster
Pethead
P86ninja
Fundy
Raegoul
Drawnsword
alldatndensum
Black Rider
Follower of Jesus
Lex Metalis
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bride: New single + infos about the pre-order of Are You Awake Empty Bride: New single + infos about the pre-order of Are You Awake

Post by Lex Metalis Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:09 pm

Infos here
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bride: New single + infos about the pre-order of Are You Awake Empty Re: Bride: New single + infos about the pre-order of Are You Awake

Post by Follower of Jesus Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:36 am

Yikes. Long gone is good Bride. I’ll pass.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Bride: New single + infos about the pre-order of Are You Awake Empty Re: Bride: New single + infos about the pre-order of Are You Awake

Post by Black Rider Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:02 am

It's an okay song but his projects are starting to blur together.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:13 pm

Black Rider wrote:It's an okay song but his projects are starting to blur together.

As much as I love Bride, I have to agree.  We are getting to the point of quantity over quality.

I do like this song, though.  It sounds like a mix of Scarecrow Messiah and The Jesus Experience.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drawnsword Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:26 pm

Love the song!
Drawnsword
Drawnsword
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://drawnswordgraphix.blogspot.co.nz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:21 am

Our boy TR has the intel. Sounds nice. As a matter of fact this is what Axl Rose should sound like had he not abused his vocal cords with drugs, smoke and booze.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Fundy and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:36 am

Early days, I know, but this is a really cool album, and is definitely one of the best Bride albums in many years.
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

P86ninja likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:41 am

As of right now...

AWESOME

Snakes In The Playground
Silence Is Madness
Live To Die
Show No Mercy

GREAT
Are You Awake
Snake Eyes
Skin For Skin
Oddities
Scarecrow Messiah
Kinetic Faith

GOOD
Bluegrass Gospel
Here Is Your God
This Is It
Fist Full Of Bees

OK
Christmas
Incorruptible
Tsar Bomba
Drop

NOT FOR ME
The Jesus Experience
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by P86ninja Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:29 pm

After finally hearing the entire album, I have to strongly agree with Fundy. This is easily one of the best Bride albums in years!!

The production is the best that they have had in ages and the album is very catchy from start to finish. In fact, this might be the closest that they have really come to capturing the attitude, energy, melody, and groove of the Snakes in the Playground era. All in all, this album was a pleasant surprise!

P86ninja
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Pethead and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:31 pm

This is a great album. It’s vying for my Christian AotY.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

P86ninja likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:16 pm

Still awaiting the digital.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:58 am

After the Exile albuns (IMO): Snake Eyes >>> Are U Awake >>> Bluegrass Gospel >>> Here Is Your God >>> Christmass
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:58 am

BaleMaster wrote:Still awaiting the digital.  

To purchase digital download, try here
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:44 pm

I'm going to wait until Spotify or YouTube Music add it.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider, Lex Metalis and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by P86ninja Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:44 pm

Someone was nice enough to post it here:
https://youtu.be/Dt9WmwOmFa8

It’s how I heard it and now I’m ordering the cd!!

P86ninja
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Lex Metalis and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:30 am

The cover art is almost as important to me as the music, and this art looks rad so I'll actually be buying my first Bride album since Snakes.  The song is not half bad, so I hope the album is as good as the reviews say.  I'm going to do it old school and rely on reviews, not listening before I buy.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:05 am

The last couple of songs I'm not too keen on (at the moment), but the rest of the album is really solid, and so catchy.  Each song has its own style, and Dale's vocals are great, Troys tunes are brilliant, and the solos are awesome.  I'd say it was definitely better than Snake Eyes, and that was pretty cool.
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:25 pm

Fundy wrote:The last couple of songs I'm not too keen on (at the moment), but the rest of the album is really solid, and so catchy.  Each song has its own style, and Dale's vocals are great, Troys tunes are brilliant, and the solos are awesome.  I'd say it was definitely better than Snake Eyes, and that was pretty cool.
I think this album and the last one(Here Is Your God) are both better than Snake Eyes…and I like Snake Eyes. I would rank them as:
1-Are You Awake?
2-Here Is Your God
3-Snake Eyes
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:04 pm

Are You Awake

This might be their best musically since Snakes, but I'm not a big fan of Dale's scratchy, whispery vocals. I miss the wail.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

P86ninja likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:12 pm

I don’t know that he can sustain the wail over an entire album anymore. I think his vocals work great here. 

If you haven’t, check out his work with Adorned Graves on “The Valley of Achor.”
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

seth likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by P86ninja Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:14 pm

I would have to agree that Are You Awake is stronger than Snake Eyes. To me, it is so much more memorable.

P86ninja
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:16 pm

Agreed. Snake Eyes was solid but it didn’t grab me nearly as much.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by seth Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:28 pm

My favorite post-Silence is Madness Bride songs are actually from Skin for Skin, where he uses a more aggressive lower-pitched voice instead of trying to be Axl Rose. More similar to his voice with Adorned Graves, although a different musical style
seth
seth
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:39 pm

I like most of Bride’s catalog. But those first 6 are insane, especially LtD and SIM. 

Dale’s always been better than Axl. Dale doesn’t sound like a cat with its tail caught in a blender.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Staybrite, Dustofyears and scottmitchell74 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:37 pm

Pethead wrote:I like most of Bride’s catalog. But those first 6 are insane, especially LtD and SIM. 

Dale’s always been better than Axl. Dale doesn’t sound like a cat with its tail caught in a blender.
That's the spirit!!!

Luv Axl but I get why other folks don't like his voice. It's a voice you either like or don't, like King Diamond (wish I did like it coz I like the music) there are times when he definitely sounds like a cat yodeling (especially live) or something lolz. It works well with Slash to give gnr that sig sound, but Dale could've easily been vocalist for that band and I'd be happy.  Also axl doesn't sound as good live as in studio. Dale in his hey day was a machine, his voice had so much raw power and live he was an absolute beast. Still love axl though, even if at times his voice grates here and there. Same thing with Billy Corgan.

Another singer that doesn't quite hold up as well live is Steven Patrick. Great on the records though, amazing (that's where, have to admit, Stryper vocally live, excel over Holy Soldier)

Last edited by Dustofyears on Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next