The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

J. P. Brown II & M. Morales live tribute to T. Kirkpatrick & M. Bloodgood

+12
Sevenoneself
Opeth3232
Frozen Fire
Black Rider
Raegoul
Second Wind
Airola
Dustofyears
MagnusPrime
BaleMaster
TZ75
bodachi
16 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

J. P. Brown II & M. Morales live tribute to T. Kirkpatrick & M. Bloodgood  Empty J. P. Brown II & M. Morales live tribute to T. Kirkpatrick & M. Bloodgood

Post by bodachi Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:12 pm

Tonight 23 AUG 2022 2200 hours (10 PM) EST
https://youtu.be/-LDSvCbv--Q
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Friday13th, TZ75, BaleMaster, Dustofyears, MagnusPrime, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

J. P. Brown II & M. Morales live tribute to T. Kirkpatrick & M. Bloodgood  Empty Re: J. P. Brown II & M. Morales live tribute to T. Kirkpatrick & M. Bloodgood

Post by TZ75 Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:38 pm

Allan from Scattered Few is a bit rude. Even if he’s being honest about hating heavy metal.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

J. P. Brown II & M. Morales live tribute to T. Kirkpatrick & M. Bloodgood  Empty Re: J. P. Brown II & M. Morales live tribute to T. Kirkpatrick & M. Bloodgood

Post by BaleMaster Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:58 am

TZ75 wrote:Allan from Scattered Few is a bit rude. Even if he’s being honest about hating heavy metal.
Sadly, I've noticed that about AA in many of his interviews.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75, MagnusPrime and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:22 am

BaleMaster wrote:
TZ75 wrote:Allan from Scattered Few is a bit rude. Even if he’s being honest about hating heavy metal.

He needs to play up the whole "punk" thing all the time. You could see how unimpressed some of the panel were. Especially that truck driver guy in the middle LOL! He must have been like "what did I get myself into here?" LOL!!
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:36 am

Was it good guys, worth a watch?
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:06 am

MagnusPrime wrote:
BaleMaster wrote:

He needs to play up the whole "punk" thing all the time. You could see how unimpressed some of the panel were. Especially that truck driver guy in the middle LOL! He must have been like "what did I get myself into here?" LOL!!

Yep. Allen made a couple rude comments about the black guy to single him out. I noticed he was drinking a tall glass of beer. He may have been buzzed. 

At least Tom Dunn (the filmmaker) gave him a taste of his own medicine towards the end. He said he would like Jimmy on his show, but not Allen. I think he was only half joking! LOL

Last edited by TZ75 on Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:30 am; edited 2 times in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:08 am

I watched the whole thing. It wasn’t much of a “tribute”. 

Jimmy was cordial speaking about Ted and Michael, but Allen was rude. I have no idea why he was invited there!

And he kept bashing Stryper and George Ochoa. Not very brotherly/Christian of him.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:28 am

Might have check it out and watch a little and see how it goes. never listened to Scatered Few but remember the album cover from in the store. Think it was the singer in the cover if I remember right. I assume that is Allen... Gonna check it now, see what's what...
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:43 am

Dustofyears wrote:Was it good guys, worth a watch?

I'm about 50 minutes in and it's been pretty hilarious! Awkward, rude, funny, informative, chaotic, veeeeeerrrry honest to the point that it might even offend some people. It's all done with a lot of laughs and good heart though. Jimmy did a Hitler joke at one point which almost crossed the line of being The Office type of awkwardness.

If you take heavy metal and the bands too seriously, it might not be for you. Otherwise there's some interesting stories to be heard and some of them are from the perspective of not ever being interested in heavy metal at all. It kinda keeps you constantly on the edge as you don't know what's going to happen next.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Dustofyears and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:46 am

Airola wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:Was it good guys, worth a watch?

I'm about 50 minutes in and it's been pretty hilarious! Awkward, rude, funny, informative, chaotic, veeeeeerrrry honest to the point that it might even offend some people. It's all done with a lot of laughs and good heart though. Jimmy did a Hitler joke at one point which almost crossed the line of being The Office type of awkwardness.

If you take heavy metal and the bands too seriously, it might not be for you. Otherwise there's some interesting stories to be heard and some of them are from the perspective of not ever being interested in heavy metal at all. It kinda keeps you constantly on the edge as you don't know what's going to happen next.
I'm 26 in and he's talking about Stryper and just finished telling the story about leaving TQT in the dark after they played. Guys Hilarious. Now they all be like, yeah I didn't really listen to their music, I can't really remember- Ah shucks, stuffs hilarious. Think I'll keep watching for a bit.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:29 am

Should've been called: The Jimmy and Allan show, lol. Quite funny I thought.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:07 am

I am going to watch this later on today.

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:44 am

Dustofyears wrote:Should've been called: The Jimmy and Allan show, lol. Quite funny I thought.

Might as well. They were pretty much the only two guys talking.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and Dustofyears like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:46 am

I’ll just assume Allan is a brutally honest (sometimes rude) and offbeat kinda guy. I do kinda agree with his Stryper story. They could easily be seen as a Spinal Tap-ish heavy metal cliche band. Especially if metal isn’t your cup of tea.

Last edited by TZ75 on Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:13 pm

This was good fun and Jimmy and Allan are real characters. The only thing that was unnecessary was Allan obviously on purpose displaying that he drank two pints and some whisky during the show. How edgy.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

BaleMaster, Dustofyears and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:07 pm

Why call this a tribute, mostly it was annoying listening to Alan bash metal and talk about himself.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, TZ75, BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:48 pm

Raegoul wrote:This was good fun and Jimmy and Allan are real characters. The only thing that was unnecessary was Allan obviously on purpose displaying that he drank two pints and some whisky during the show. How edgy.

I thought it was beer. 

Either way…
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:27 pm

Jimmy and Allan remind me of a friend I had years back when I was a Christian (both Christians at the time)and we had a similar sense of humor and would egg each other on. You can see this dynamic clearly at play between Jimmy and Allan. Also I think there might be a bit of, let's ruffle some christian feathers (maybe).

What Jimmy mentioned about the "Christian music industry machine" and how it changed things for him once he found himself caught up in it, echoed the words of Dug Pinnick. Except Dug also went further and stated the hypocrisy of many of the artists and the suits behind the scenes. He said he could no longer be a part of what was going on, could not handle the double jive.

Anyway, found Allan funny and refreshingly honest. It's funny he tells a metal audience he hates metal and especially STRYPER (who quite honestly bring on themselves. A sore spot for a lot of christian metal fans and he knows it!
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:19 pm

It's fun to justify ourselves because others aren't perfect. Of course not everyone was a believer, they knew what they were getting into.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead, TZ75 and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:02 pm

Black Rider wrote:It's fun to justify ourselves because others aren't perfect. Of course not everyone was a believer, they knew what they were getting into.

I agree. Doesn't matter if they "believed" or not. God made use of their talents anyway. I think I remember at least one of the panel touching on this.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, TZ75 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:35 am

No one is justifying anything... If anyone feels the need to justify their life to another- then they give way too much headspace for others to live in rent free. And that, my friends, is a waste of space and Human potential!
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Raegoul Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:46 am

TZ75 wrote:
Raegoul wrote:This was good fun and Jimmy and Allan are real characters. The only thing that was unnecessary was Allan obviously on purpose displaying that he drank two pints and some whisky during the show. How edgy.

I thought it was beer. 

Either way…
The big glass was beer, most likely some craft beer or IPA. The small glass was a Glencairn snifter used by whisky buffs to drink mostly single malt whisky. I know it because I was a whisky buff (and beer drinker) until God helped me to get off the sauce. That‘s also why I am sensible to stuff like this: it could tempt a weak dry brother (like me) to get back to his old ways. Allan should know better and heed Romans 14. Anyway rant over, and for the record:  I love Scaterd few.
Raegoul
Raegoul
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:04 pm

Raegoul wrote:
TZ75 wrote:

I thought it was beer. 

Either way…
The big glass was beer, most likely some craft beer or IPA. The small glass was a Glencairn snifter used by whisky buffs to drink mostly single malt whisky. I know it because I was a whisky buff (and beer drinker) until God helped me to get off the sauce. That‘s also why I am sensible to stuff like this: it could tempt a weak dry brother (like me) to get back to his old ways. Allan should know better and heed Romans 14. Anyway rant over, and for the record:  I love Scaterd few.

Oh yeah… I did see a smaller glass at one point. He flashed it and playfully said it’s empty. I thought it was a wine glass. 

There’s no doubt he was buzzed or fully intoxicated on alcohol. But not because he was grieving…
I think all of the guests on the panel knew Allan was sauced, but chose not to confront it. It could have turned into a Jerry Springer show. You could tell Tom Dunn, Manny Morales and the truck driver were not amused. Heck, everyone looked a bit uncomfortable! Only Jimmy was laughing at Allan’s behavior. And the guy named Doug seemed a little embarrassed and laughed occasionally.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:50 pm

Did anyone really talk about Ted or Michael? I listened to around 45 minutes of this and didn't really hear much for personal stories about either band. Manny didn't know anything about anyone, Allan obviously didn't like or know anything about the bands or the men. Jimmy had some candid comments at the beginning and Thomas Dunn shared a nice simple story about Michael. Other than that I kept trying to skim and find worthwhile Michael/Ted content but most everyone was talking about Scattered Few, asking Allan about his ministry views, hearing about Scattered Few's origins, the Christian music industry, David Bowie, and coming back to the Stryper thing. I was really confused.

We're there any worthwhile comments from the other guys? Otherwise I'll just skip the rest.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:41 pm

Frozen Fire wrote:Did anyone really talk about Ted or Michael? I listened to around 45 minutes of this and didn't really hear much for personal stories about either band. Manny didn't know anything about anyone, Allan obviously didn't like or know anything about the bands or the men. Jimmy had some candid comments at the beginning and Thomas Dunn shared a nice simple story about Michael. Other than that I kept trying to skim and find worthwhile Michael/Ted content but most everyone was talking about Scattered Few, asking Allan about his ministry views, hearing about Scattered Few's origins, the Christian music industry, David Bowie, and coming back to the Stryper thing. I was really confused.

We're there any worthwhile comments from the other guys? Otherwise I'll just skip the rest.
Most of "tribute" is at the start. Large chunk of it is about scattered few and old memories. There nnust've been more going on here than I originally picked up on0 Was Allan grieving... Must of missed a trick. Grief and alcohol are a bad mix- been there...
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next