The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacrament 30-Year Reunion Album Project

+5
mothy
Pethead
TZ75
BaleMaster
Constantine
9 posters

Go down

Sacrament 30-Year Reunion Album Project  Empty Sacrament 30-Year Reunion Album Project

Post by Constantine Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:42 pm

I have been told by sources close to the band that Sacrament are currently working on a 30-year reunion project that will include a new album.

The singer will be Mike Torone, not Rob Wolfe.

I have no further details at this time to give out but have been told to stay tuned.   
If I hear anything else I will report it here first.

P.S. Looks like this is my 1,000th post - glad it was for some good news.     pirat
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

TZ75 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Sacrament 30-Year Reunion Album Project  Empty Re: Sacrament 30-Year Reunion Album Project

Post by BaleMaster Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:43 pm

Seared conscience--SEARED!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Sacrament 30-Year Reunion Album Project  Empty Re: Sacrament 30-Year Reunion Album Project

Post by TZ75 Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:20 pm

Awesome news! 

I like both singers. Originally I liked Haunts of Violence better, but recently I’ve been really enjoying the first album “Testimony of Apocalypse”. So I’m happy to hear Mike Torone again! His vocal range was very impressive.

Last edited by TZ75 on Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:28 pm

This is really great news! You can only imagine the sound quality difference with the modern production. It needs to be heavy!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:08 am

This would be awesome! I'm partial to Rob Wolfe, but any Sacrament is good Sacrament!
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

TZ75, Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:41 am

I'm partial to Rob too, just because he doesn't sound like anyone else.   It would be great actually if they could both be involved....I know Rob just did a track with Motovik, so it's not like he's not doing any singing anymore.....
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:32 pm

I would like to have Rob Wolfe involved too! But I suspect that they want to recapture the sound of the original lineup. Who knows... maybe there was some drama with the other guys. He recently made an appearance in the comments on YouTube and he spoke about his time in Sacrament, he made it seem like it was all business (as a hired gun) and not necessarily a friend situation. https://youtu.be/bWbf8oQ2M8w

But yeah... having both guys trade off in songs would have been epic!

Last edited by TZ75 on Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:55 pm

Yeah Baby!!!! Super excited for this one.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:31 pm

Dudedudedudedude.......
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:21 am

No way! If this is true, it’s the single greatest news/post to ever be written here! Seriously! Mike Torone back on vocals to capture the TofA sound with modern production. I mean even re-recording TofA would be incredible. A new album would be almost unbelievable. Like I said, this would be the biggest news to come out of the Christian scene in decades!!

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:19 am

Sacrament were true unsung heroes of Metal that should have made a bigger impact. They were just as good as any secular thrash band IMO. 

Heck, they were flat out better than most bands! They could’ve easily competed with Testament when they still played like The Legacy.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:24 pm

Agree with all of that!

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:10 am

I wish someone from Sacrament would come here and confirm this news!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

mothy and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:11 pm

Haunts of violence.  That was a good album.  I did not realize they had one before it, or at least remember it.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:24 pm

Dustofyears wrote:Haunts of violence.  That was a good album.  I did not realize they had one before it, or at least remember it.

You should get a copy of their first album! It’s a different singer, but if you enjoyed the Haunts album, you should also like the first one (Testimony of Apocalypse). There has been a couple reissues so you should have no problem finding it online.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Dustofyears likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:53 pm

TZ75 wrote:
Dustofyears wrote:Haunts of violence.  That was a good album.  I did not realize they had one before it, or at least remember it.

You should get a copy of their first album! It’s a different singer, but if you enjoyed the Haunts album, you should also like the first one (Testimony of Apocalypse). There has been a couple reissues so you should have no problem finding it online.
I'll check it out.  Thanks.
Dustofyears
Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:58 am

The two Sacrament albums are different from one another.   Besides the different singers, the first one has a more West Coast Testament meets Slayer style, while the second has a more European thrash, stop-start riffing style similar to Coroner and Destruction.  Both are great but over the years I've come to appreciate the second one and find it the more interesting of the two.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Pethead, TZ75, BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:20 am

The first one with the production of the remastered 2nd album would be a monster! Torone’s vocals alone with the screams and growls and a less muddy production would be killer!

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:56 am

average joe wrote:The first one with the production of the remastered 2nd album would be a monster! Torone’s vocals alone with the screams and growls and a less muddy production would be killer!

I always thought the muddy sound complimented Torone's vocals better, where as Wolfes vocals went better with cleaner production.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:20 pm

The second album has a lot more "groove" really.  More than my liking TBH.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:30 pm

A new Sacrament album and/or re-recording of Testimony of Apocalypse and/or re-recording of either album with the vocalist that didn’t appear on the original album is a project that I would pay in advance for on day one, no question!

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down