The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ted Kirkpatrick, Trump and a Manatee

+11
average joe
Pethead
wintersdawn
WildWorld
Constantine
deathisgain
Black Rider
BaleMaster
MagnusPrime
Lex Metalis
jaydeecrawson
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ted Kirkpatrick, Trump and a Manatee - Page 2 Empty Re: Ted Kirkpatrick, Trump and a Manatee

Post by average joe Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:23 am

“As a Christian, how can you agree with the Biden administration’s agendas?”

The two things definitely don’t align.

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider, ChristianDeathMetal, TZ75, Constantine, BaleMaster and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Ted Kirkpatrick, Trump and a Manatee - Page 2 Empty Re: Ted Kirkpatrick, Trump and a Manatee

Post by Tobi Elektrik Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:00 am

Mixing politics and animal rights issues on this point is quite absurd. Nobody knows the perpetrators and the motives. Animal cruelty is always a particularly emotional topic and to use / abuse it in the form as a political attack is very cheap. Ted picking up on this and replaying it in the form he did is pretty disappointing.

I've always been very defensive of him for his animal rights viewpoints. Much of the rejection he faces is this typical meat-eater reflex: Just by the topic of vegetarianism / veganism many people feel directly attacked without being personally addressed. After all, there are simply no good, scientific reasons to defend a meat-eater diet, which is why the arguments of "taste" versus "animal cruelty, environmental destruction, hunger" put a meat-eater on a pretty poor basis for argumentation. So I'm not really surprised by this overreaction of many meat eaters to the topic, but the cheap jokes, completely off-base arguments and whataboutism is very tiresome.

By whataboutism, I mean especially the issue of abortion. I find it quite disgusting that people try to balance or marginalize one with the other. An anti-abortionist often values abortion as murder. There are animal rights activists who view killing animals for food as murder. One can reject these positions. But what I don't understand is that they are two EXTREMELY emotional issues for their respective advocates. So why don't people at least try to respect the feelings of the other side? Why are there animal rights activists who generally dismiss pro-lifers as conservative misogynists, and why are there anti-abortion activists who dismiss animal rights activists as misanthropes?

If someone feels strongly about a particular issue and wants to address it through their art, then of course it can come across as very one-sided. But to criticize only Ted for this is also very one-sided and not really justified. Tourniquet have written exclusively Christian motivated lyrics for many years, besides some animal rights lyrics. Nobody complained that they should take up more political topics or more general historical topics. Now animal protection is in the foreground and suddenly half the world complains that this is too one-sided.

And I'm always annoyed by this "logic": "If you're for one thing, then you're definitely against the other. If you criticize one, you think the other is good."
And this "logic" seems to be very deeply rooted in some people here in the forum, too: "If you're upset about Trump, you're a Biden fan and you don't mind the acts of violence that happen under the Antifa or BLM flag." "If you defend animals, you automatically disparage the value of human life."

Ted has never commented directly on politics. I don't know his viewpoints. As written above, I find his post disappointing, but not because he advocates animal welfare or condemns the storming of the Capitol. But because he constructs a connection between one and the other without actual knowledge.
That now again someone has to yell that the politics of Biden is not compatible with the Christian faith or someone has to mention BLM / Antifa is just as stupid. Because it also simply constructs a connection that may not exist at all (Ted Kirkpatrick = Biden fan, Antifa and riot supporter).
Or was that completely out of context and just a spontaneous tantrum? Do we have to put up with this nonsense in every topic now? 
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:04 am

Your appeals to ridicule and emotion have been duly noted.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

MagnusPrime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:32 am

LexMetalis wrote:Ted post this:

Find who did it, and throw them in jail with all the rest of the knuckle-dragging  delusional "patriot" aholes who broke into the capitol... Ted

I think it's pretty clear what Ted is insinuating here.
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:45 am

Back in the day, I once helped mod the TQT forum.  I became depressed when I was dismissed.  

But time is indeed the healer of wounds, and the wounder of heels.  Since this vainglorious hypocrite has ripped off his own mask, I count my firing as the ultimate blessing.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:02 am

I find it disturbing that Ted’s lyrics tell the listener to be loving and kind to one another, and then in “real life” he spits some slander and judgement at people that voted different than he did. From what I’ve seen, the left-wing Dems are immature school yard children with no self awareness. Calling patriots “knuckle dragging” is condescending and elitist. That’s what these wannabe intellectuals think of pro-constitution and freedom loving Americans. They have no critical thinking ability. Just hatred and witch-hunts.

Last edited by TZ75 on Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:40 am

TZ75 wrote:...he spits some slander and judgement at people that voted different than he did. From what I’ve seen, the left-wing Dems are immature school yard children with no self awareness.

face palm
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:42 am

Tobi Elektrik wrote:
TZ75 wrote:...he spits some slander and judgement at people that voted different than he did. From what I’ve seen, the left-wing Dems are immature school yard children with no self awareness.

face palm

Congrats for proving my point! 

No self awareness.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:18 am

You accuse Ted of slander and judgement. Then you call left-wing Dems "immature school yard children with no self awareness". Isn't this as condescending and elitist as "calling patriots knuckle-dragging"?

And... what point? I'm a German. I never voted for a left party. I never voted for a convervative party. I voted for liberal parties which are hard to categorize as clearly left or right. So please spare me with your generalizations addressed to a group of people I don't belong to. You are categorizing everything in good / bad, Trump / Dems, left / right. Pretty simple thinking that doesn't help to understand others. Especially if you treat everybody who is not sharing your opinion like an enemy.
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:16 pm

Is Mr. Kirkpatrick demeaning ALL conservatives or just "the knuckle-dragging  delusional "patriot" aholes who broke into the capitol"? As a constitutional libertarian  conservative, I agree that everyone who willfully, criminally entered the building should be prosecuted along with l the knuckle-dragging rioters on the far left.

Maybe we can give Ted the benefit of the doubt unless he specifically condemns all conservatives and Republicans.

Some MRE's for thought
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:27 pm

I think this thread has overstayed its welcome...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2