The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus - What is your local situation?

+35
Contrarian Deist
HenrikB
deathisgain
Samson
Guenther321
BaleMaster
WildWorld
DilemnaNation
TZ75
oldschooldoom
Soldier777
Airola
RegnumIrae
crucifyd
CrimsonWarrior
Frozen Fire
Tobi Elektrik
MetalMusicforJesus99
Grindboy
L8T
Kerrick
Ammocas
New Creation
Snert I
alldatndensum
arttieTHE1manparty
ThomasEversole
Andreas89
eatbugs
Staybrite
Black Rider
Christian metal Horde
MikeInFla
Markus1987
Constantine
39 posters

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

Coronavirus - What is your local situation? - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus - What is your local situation?

Post by eatbugs Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:50 pm

Hi New Creation!

I'm trying to support as many of those restaurants as I can right now for people like your son.  My wife and I ordered a pizza from a local place two days ago.  That will only change if cases go up in my county.

Ammocas (and others), I've noticed TP is easier to get at smaller drug stores.  The major grocery stores sell out quickly but the smaller places get overlooked.  My wife and I got a 16-pack at CVS on Saturday and there were plenty left too.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus - What is your local situation? - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus - What is your local situation?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:09 am

Starting tomorrow looks like I have no choice but to work from home due to further restrictions. Not sure how that is going to pan out as I usually work off two big screens and multiple programs. Work has given me a small laptop with a 12 inch display. Oh well, lets see what happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:55 am

Erasmus wrote:Starting tomorrow looks like I have no choice but to work from home due to further restrictions. Not sure how that is going to pan out as I usually work off two big screens and multiple programs. Work has given me a small laptop with a 12 inch display. Oh well, lets see what happens.

My wife got to bring her desktop and one monitor home with her.  She is used to two HUGE screens with multiple programs.  She is just doing a lot of tabbed browsing between programs and is doing fine.  Of course, she is supposed to be doing some system testing for the next three days but doesn't yet have access to all the programs she needs to help with her part.  I don't know how she will get that done.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:35 pm

Yes I need to get used to tabbed browsing and using a pen & paper again for notes.

Just found out that my wife who is a teacher has to work from home tomorrow too. That will be two adults working, two children doing school work and one unemployed child. Thanks China!

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:38 am

My big concern now is that the rest of the country will eventually move past this and we will be stuck in it for much longer.  We are the hardest hit area of the country.   My city is now handing out $500 fines to people who ignore the social distancing rule, as not everyone has been cooperative..

Meanwhile, 90-95% of businesses and food places here are shut down.  There are very few choices.  Shelves at some supermarkets are still bare.  I still can't find disinfectant wipes anywhere, they have vanished from the landscape of America.  

I can't see my doctors (unless I get this virus), my dentist, can't get a haircut....

The media coverage has been grotesque and angering.  It's panic and "Orange Man Bad!" 24/7.  Doom and gloom, dirty partisan politics, political correctness, and grandstanding by Governors with political aspirations.

The bailout bill is also a sick joke, but that's a whole other story.

Yet God is with me and that keeps me sane and grounded.   I am reminded of Lamentations 3 today:

Yet this I call to mind
    and therefore I have hope:

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.”
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:31 pm

A manor (senior living center) in my home town was not on lockdown, and now have 11 COVID-19 cases.  Apparently, some of the older folks in my hometown decided "to have church anyway" and that's what started this.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:28 pm

I was just talking to my friends about this. We might have different opinions, but personally I think having church services right now in defiance of state and CDC orders is reckless and makes Christians look foolish, and dangerous - as in not caring about endangering the community.

Last edited by Constantine on Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:17 pm

Constantine wrote:
The media coverage has been grotesque and angering.  It's panic and "Orange Man Bad!" 24/7.  Doom and gloom, dirty partisan politics, political correctness, and grandstanding by Governors with political aspirations.

It drives me absolutely bananas that the news touts the number of cases and the number of deaths, but as far as a number of cases where people have recovered?  Not one mention.  Anyone has to dig around the internet for those figures and other "positive Corona news".

Also for some strange reason, the news nods to some famous person getting COVID-19, and then no mention or updates ever again so we can all just assumed they died.

The media industrial complex has been touting "orange man bad" for years now.  Their derangement is more pathological than this virus is, IMO.

Fortunately, I think enough of America sees right through the rhetoric and will vote based on Trumps actions, not his Twitter rants.  ...and I might be the odd man out on this opinion, but the only way I could imagine a better comedic roast of the democrat party is if a necromancer brought back Don Rickles, made him republican, and elected him president.

lol!

Constantine wrote:I was just talking to my friends about this.  We might have different opinions, but personally I think having church services right now in defiance of state and CDC orders is reckless and makes Christians look foolish and defiant for no good reason.

I agree with this.  This type of defiance is selfish to me, because I think if people really put thought into being a carrier and getting those they love sick, they'd stay home like they should.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:06 pm

While I think churches should try to go online for now it's troubling that some states are letting criminals go, NY let out child molesters. Feels like there's more going on then just a response to a virus.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:52 pm

Black Rider wrote:While I think churches should try to go online for now it's troubling that some states are letting criminals go, NY let out child molesters. Feels like there's more going on then just a response to a virus.

What is sad is that they are releasing these child violators into the wild and yet don't want churches congregating.  It seems totally backwards to me.  I've even read a couple of stories of pastors being arrested for not shutting down their services.  That's just wrong--no one made the people belonging to the church attend.  They knew what they were getting into.  Besides, you can't congregate at church but it is okay to have 100 people plus staff inside Walmart, Kroger, Lowe's, Home Depot, and Target at any given moment?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:27 pm

Took a walk through the neighborhood today. More restaurants, deli's, etc. have shut down.
It's becoming a real ghost town. I'm supposed to get a Prime Now delivery tonight, but I'm wondering if they will even show up since I read that Amazon warehouse workers are going on strike today.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:58 pm

Using a crisis to unionize. Evil.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:06 am

Coronavirus - What is your local situation? - Page 3 20200310

Well the TP and paper towel shortage finally hit Michigan. We had some buying, but not this bad until last night when I took this photo.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:07 am

Fortunately, we've owned a bidet since last year and we're already stocked up on TP since there are 8 of us still in the house.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:01 am

Oh wow, I'm surprised it took so long.  The TP craze hit here long before we had any confirmed cases in our county and stores are still struggling to keep up.  I think all the paranoid hoarders got their fill and now the rest of the "normal" folks are trying to catch back up, so hopefully it'll stabilize once again soon...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:05 am

We have toilet paper again but now people around here are hording laundry detergent and dishwasher pods.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:14 am

MikeInFla wrote:We have toilet paper again but now people around here are hording laundry detergent and dishwasher pods.
Thermometers too.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:37 am

Disinfectant Wipes!!!   They are impossible to find now.  

I look online every day to find some and they are still out of stock.   

If anyone knows where to buy some, let me know.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:15 am

Florida on lock down beginning at midnight tomorrow.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:21 am

Starting next week I'll be working from home 2 days a week

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:47 pm

We are behind the wave here in Ohio.  I work in a major med center, get my temp taken as I walk in the door.  As of tonight we have 8 patients in the hospital with covid and 20 employees that have tested positive so far..... Shocked  We get daily stats that come out around 4 in the afternoon and we had 5 employees test positive from yesterday.  That is the number that I am watching to see how fast it rises.

On a personal note, all three of my adult children live at home and we have been redeeming the time!   Very Happy
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:59 pm

Blessings everyone and please remember that this world is not our home.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:16 am

Just heard a interesting tidbit the COO of my company I guess is working to get testing kits so that each employee can be tested.  I guess he's got connections but we shall wait and see on how that goes or if it happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:12 am

Michigan cancelled school for the rest of the year. 

Fortunately, my kids go to a private school so I already know what teachers they will have next year so I can ask them what is most important to learn at home to be ready for the next grade.

New Creation, how does this affect you?

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:30 am

We've been homeschooling for over 20 years, so we're doing ok. Our lives haven't really changed at all.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next